Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 11-25-2014, 11:59 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Is Mercury the answer?

Quick question: I have a very tight opposition between Jupiter and Saturn, and both of these planets aspects my mercury. All three of these planets don't aspect any other planets in my chart.

My question is, Is using my mercury the solution in the opposition between jupiter and saturn?
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro chart01.gif (70.3 KB, 14 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 11-26-2014, 02:28 AM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

For "me" to answer your question I would need to know more about the planets than your chart without the birth data provides.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 11-26-2014, 04:30 AM
dhundhun's Avatar
dhundhun dhundhun is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,458
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post
Quick question: I have a very tight opposition between Jupiter and Saturn, and both of these planets aspects my mercury. All three of these planets don't aspect any other planets in my chart.

My question is, Is using my mercury the solution in the opposition between jupiter and saturn?
Yes. It is the solution in the opposition between jupiter and saturn.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 11-26-2014, 04:47 AM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhundhun View Post
Yes. It is the solution in the opposition between jupiter and saturn.
I really hate to disagree with you. It may or it may not be. IMO, its not quite that simple, but like I said before without the birth data, I can only see about 8% of what I need to know in a chart, and that, again IMO, is not enough to determine whether Mercury in its almost midpoint position is REALLY the solution to the opposition.

However, since I just found a previous post by the OP in the archives with the complete birth data, I will come back to this tomorrow and weigh in whether I agree with you or not.

Last edited by Zarathu; 11-26-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 11-26-2014, 05:46 AM
dhundhun's Avatar
dhundhun dhundhun is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,458
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post
Quick question: I have a very tight opposition between Jupiter and Saturn, and both of these planets aspects my mercury. All three of these planets don't aspect any other planets in my chart.

My question is, Is using my mercury the solution in the opposition between jupiter and saturn?
Again, I reiterate that mercury the solution in the opposition between jupiter and saturn?
  • Mercury is apex of wedge aspect. Wedge aspects ease opposition - apex just need to be in ORB. In fact in easing process its ORB gets extended.
  • When planets are in hard aspect, third house planets plays important role in resolving. The house rule communication, diplomacy, strategy, negotiation. Mercury is in 3rd house.
If the opposition bothers you, you may need to strengthen Mercury - astrologically - gems, herbs, yogas, exercises, food, ...

Good luck.

Last edited by dhundhun; 11-26-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dhundhun For This Useful Post:
7401Rizey (11-26-2014)
  #6  
Unread 11-26-2014, 06:34 AM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
For "me" to answer your question I would need to know more about the planets than your chart without the birth data provides.
Zarathu, I have attached a proper birth chart with the accurate information.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rizeys birth chart2.jpg (84.7 KB, 7 views)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 11-26-2014, 06:40 AM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhundhun View Post
Again, I reiterate that mercury the solution in the opposition between jupiter and saturn?
  • Mercury is apex of wedge aspect. Wedge aspects ease opposition - apex just need to be in ORB. In fact in easing process its ORB gets extended.
  • When planets are in hard aspect, third house planets plays important role in resolving. The house rule communication, diplomacy, strategy, negotiation. Mercury is in 3rd house.
If the opposition bothers you, you may need to strengthen Mercury - astrologically - gems, herbs, yogas, exercises, food, ...

Good luck.
The reason why I asked is because the opposition is placed in the 2ND and 8TH house. Since it's very tight I have a hard time with balancing between those 2ND and 8TH house things in my life.

If mercury is the balancing effect of these two forces, how would that energy stabilize the see-saw effect?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 11-26-2014, 06:46 AM
dhundhun's Avatar
dhundhun dhundhun is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,458
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post
The reason why I asked is because the opposition is placed in the 2ND and 8TH house. Since it's very tight I have a hard time with balancing between those 2ND and 8TH house things in my life.

If mercury is the balancing effect of these two forces, how would that energy stabilize the see-saw effect?
Initially, communication, diplomacy, strategy, negotiation towards own finance and others money.

I do expect you to learn more and have practical approach for 2nd and 8th affair. You may need to learn accounting, finances, etc. to manage things better. People learn trading techniques to improve margins under such influence.

Right now, what is situation? How is it working?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 11-26-2014, 03:16 PM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Oppositions are difficult to solve. They require a major change of consciousness. You cannot simply work harder with them you have to change how you choose to perceive the world in regards to the question they bring up. In addition, they are glass ceilings, so the resistance to them is not obvious, like a square. You generally know something is wrong but until you actually bump up against the barrier, you can't feel it there.

Generally we look to the midpoint of the opposition to solve it. The midpoint of your Jupiter Saturn opposition is 3 scorpio. In your chart, while Mercury is a major support to you with its very low friction, it has no power at all. This means that you can't use its energies and then be done with it; you have to use the energies of Mercury over and over and over again, since it only has a little bit of staying power. Its like if you have to put out a fire and you need a bucket of water, Mercury is a cup.

Since there is no planet at the midpoint making it a T-Square, you have to look at the Arabic parts and the asteroids, and the Witte Sensitive point to get a feeling for what must be done to address the opposition. And since its an opposition, you will be working on this one all your life, unless you make a successful effort to change the course of it.

Additionally, there are probably situational emotional and mental challenges in your life which impact it, either directly in the chart, or simply because they exist in your life. Since oppositions are glass ceiling in your natal chart, they are always impactive of circumstances as they are presented to you. I would not be able to look at these charts without knowing whether you moved away from your place of birth in the first 24 months of life.

So you may be blaming the opposition for something in your life, when in reality it is some emotional issue or some compulsive thought issue which is just double teaming on an opposition that you have either refused to change for, or don't know that you have to change for it.

Finally, AFAIC, while you don't want to discount the Jupiter Saturn Opposition, especially since Saturn has such high friction in your natal chart, I think you are more likely to be being affected by the Mars Opp ASC. After all Saturn is in Mutual reception, allowing you to get out of its affects. But Mars is Out of bounds, heavily involved in two tight YODs, and as well as being very powerful and frictionful. And since your ASC is so strong compared to the other components of your brain mind system(cognition by any other word), you tend to get stuck in Fight Flight responses to new stimuli, rather than move forward to security, and cognitive understanding.

In fact you may be confusing the Jupiter Saturn opposition as the problem opposition in your life, when the reality is that its Mars.

Last edited by Zarathu; 11-26-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zarathu For This Useful Post:
7401Rizey (11-26-2014)
  #10  
Unread 11-26-2014, 03:53 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhundhun View Post
Initially, communication, diplomacy, strategy, negotiation towards own finance and others money.

I do expect you to learn more and have practical approach for 2nd and 8th affair. You may need to learn accounting, finances, etc. to manage things better. People learn trading techniques to improve margins under such influence.

Right now, what is situation? How is it working?
Well... at the moment my income situation is not at it's best. When it comes to the 8TH House, I excessively try not to rely on that area, only because it comes off very strong for me.

The situation right now is one where I would like to stabilize my second house (in aquarius it's not really stable) because of income issues. I want to be able to put a career together.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 11-26-2014, 04:06 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
Oppositions are difficult to solve. They require a major change of consciousness. You cannot simply work harder with them you have to change how you choose to perceive the world in regards to the question they bring up. In addition, they are glass ceilings, so the resistance to them is not obvious, like a square. You generally know something is wrong but until you actually bump up against the barrier, you can't feel it there.

Generally we look to the midpoint of the opposition to solve it. The midpoint of your Jupiter Saturn opposition is 3 scorpio. In your chart, while Mercury is a major support to you with its very low friction, it has no power at all. This means that you can't use its energies and then be done with it; you have to use the energies of Mercury over and over and over again, since it only has a little bit of staying power. Its like if you have to put out a fire and you need a bucket of water, Mercury is a cup.

Since there is no planet at the midpoint making it a T-Square, you have to look at the Arabic parts and the asteroids, and the Witte Sensitive point to get a feeling for what must be done to address the opposition. And since its an opposition, you will be working on this one all your life, unless you make a successful effort to change the course of it.

Additionally, there are probably situational emotional and mental challenges in your life which impact it, either directly in the chart, or simply because they exist in your life. Since oppositions are glass ceiling in your natal chart, they are always impactive of circumstances as they are presented to you. I would not be able to look at these charts without knowing whether you moved away from your place of birth in the first 24 months of life.

So you may be blaming the opposition for something in your life, when in reality it is some emotional issue or some compulsive thought issue which is just double teaming on an opposition that you have either refused to change for, or don't know that you have to change for it.

Finally, AFAIC, while you don't want to discount the Jupiter Saturn Opposition, especially since Saturn has such high friction in your natal chart, I think you are more likely to be being affected by the Mars Opp ASC. After all Saturn is in Mutual reception, allowing you to get out of its affects. But Mars is Out of bounds, heavily involved in two tight YODs, and as well as being very powerful and frictionful. And since your ASC is so strong compared to the other components of your brain mind system(cognition by any other word), you tend to get stuck in Fight Flight responses to new stimuli, rather than move forward to security, and cognitive understanding.

In fact you may be confusing the Jupiter Saturn opposition as the problem opposition in your life, when the reality is that its Mars.
I read somewhere that Mars opp ASC indicates that the native is lacking in confidence in someway. Often they are targeted by aggressive personalities. Which would make the "Fight-or-Flight" response tie into the whole mars thing.

I do realize that my mars is a strong one... not to mention it makes aspects to my sun, moon and venus. My drive is very strong, but I think I have a problem with how to direct it in a proper manner.

*I always thought a 3RD House aspect to the 8TH house is a strange one.

What does it mean when a planet is in high-friction?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 11-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post

What does it mean when a planet is in high-friction?
IMO, a broader analysis of your chart with a look at your current emotional and mental challenges is necessary to answer the first questions. You statement: "I read somewhere that Mars opp ASC indicates that the native is lacking in confidence in someway. Often they are targeted by aggressive personalities," is not how I would depict it since its depressing and not helpful in helping you deal with the issues involved.

Yours is a very complex question, and I don't tend to go in for simple answers to complex questions.

For the Friction question: Go to my website in the signature below. Scroll down on the left to COSMODYNES/ASTRODYNES. A more complete explanation is there.

Last edited by Zarathu; 11-26-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 11-26-2014, 04:39 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
IMO, a broader analysis of your chart with a look at your current emotional and mental challenges is necessary to answer the first questions. You statement: "I read somewhere that Mars opp ASC indicates that the native is lacking in confidence in someway. Often they are targeted by aggressive personalities," is not how I would depict it since its depressing and not helpful in helping you deal with the issues involved.

Yours is a very complex question, and I don't tend to go in for simple answers to complex questions.

For the Friction question: Go to my website in the signature below. Scroll down on the left to COSMODYNES/ASTRODYNES. A more complete explanation is there.
If mars is in high friction and it's ruled by mercury (gemini) wouldn't that still affect the mercury in aries in some way? especially since they're both in Mutual reception?

I read your article on cosmodynes and it's very insightful. So what you're saying is the Mars opp ASC is a lot more stronger than the Jupiter Opp Saturn?

It's kinda hard to balance out an ASC that has energy like Uranus and Neptune as well as an intercepted 1st house.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 11-26-2014, 04:47 PM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post
So what you're saying is the Mars opp ASC is a lot more stronger than the Jupiter Opp Saturn?
What I'm saying is that there are too many things involved in your complex question to give you a simple answers to it---in my opinion.

You would need to be willing to delve a lot more deeply into the concerns than you probably are willing to go.

After all, your chart is the blueprint of your life as a whole. Do you have a simple life or is the answer more like...."well, its complicated"?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 11-26-2014, 05:19 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
What I'm saying is that there are too many things involved in your complex question to give you a simple answers to it---in my opinion.

You would need to be willing to delve a lot more deeply into the concerns than you probably are willing to go.

After all, your chart is the blueprint of your life as a whole. Do you have a simple life or is the answer more like...."well, its complicated"?
Fair enough.

The reason for this question being brought up is, I'm currently trying to make a switch in my life regarding my 2ND, 6TH & 10TH house. Basically I've been going through a rough patch in my financial life. I've been working dead-end jobs and have been earning unstable income that isn't propelling me to bigger and better opportunities. My MC is in Libra. I've always had an artistic bent, and I'm hoping to turn that into some sort of career.

I guess my question wasn't an very appropriate one for this matter, and it's more complex than I made it seem in the question. The reason why I brought up the jupiter/saturn opp is because they are situated in the 2ND and 8TH House and i thought that might have an effect on my financial situation.

Honestly, I feel like i'm not really going anywhere in this point in my life. I also thought the jupiter/saturn had something to do with that. I've had some great opportunities thrown at me, but they all seem to bring me back to the same place. A lot of the time I kind of feel stagnant because I feel like I know what I should be doing (MC) but the execution seems that much difficult due to my job/financial situation.

for the past year i've been wanting to change my line of work for something more towards my (MC), but I know that it wouldn't be that easy since there's a lot in the way. My drive is there to get a lot done, but with no type of direction, I know how to take the first step to go about it.

Yeah, I'm very flighty guy when it comes to particular things and my ASC comes off very strong to others, especially with that Neptune.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 11-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post
Fair enough.

The reason for this question being brought up is, I'm currently trying to make a switch in my life regarding my 2ND, 6TH & 10TH house. Basically I've been going through a rough patch in my financial life. I've been working dead-end jobs and have been earning unstable income that isn't propelling me to bigger and better opportunities. My MC is in Libra. I've always had an artistic bent, and I'm hoping to turn that into some sort of career.

I guess my question wasn't an very appropriate one for this matter, and it's more complex than I made it seem in the question. The reason why I brought up the jupiter/saturn opp is because they are situated in the 2ND and 8TH House and i thought that might have an effect on my financial situation.

Honestly, I feel like i'm not really going anywhere in this point in my life. I also thought the jupiter/saturn had something to do with that. I've had some great opportunities thrown at me, but they all seem to bring me back to the same place. A lot of the time I kind of feel stagnant because I feel like I know what I should be doing (MC) but the execution seems that much difficult due to my job/financial situation.

for the past year i've been wanting to change my line of work for something more towards my (MC), but I know that it wouldn't be that easy since there's a lot in the way. My drive is there to get a lot done, but with no type of direction, I know how to take the first step to go about it.

Yeah, I'm very flighty guy when it comes to particular things and my ASC comes off very strong to others, especially with that Neptune.
The Mars Opposite the ASC, combined with Mars being Out of bounds, in your 6th house of everyday work(employers, etc), and high power is clearly implicated in the issues that you have career-wise. The combination, IMO, makes it well above the issues brought one by Saturn opp Jupiter.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zarathu For This Useful Post:
7401Rizey (11-26-2014)
  #17  
Unread 11-26-2014, 07:26 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 63,043
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post

If mars is in high friction and it's ruled by mercury (gemini) wouldn't that still affect the mercury in aries in some way?

especially since they're both in Mutual reception?

I read your article on cosmodynes and it's very insightful.

So what you're saying is the Mars opp ASC is a lot more stronger than the Jupiter Opp Saturn?

It's kinda hard to balance out an ASC that has energy like Uranus and Neptune as well as an intercepted 1st house.
Mars opposite Ascendant is strong BY LOCATION

HOWEVER

that is only half the battle

i.e.

in this case MARS LACKS THE RESOURCES TO ACT
and if MARS had the resources to act
since
MARS NATURE IS MALEFIC
then MARS acts are by nature malefic acts

by the way
Traditional methods focus on the seven visible planets
i.e. Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn
as well as the Part of Fortune and other Arabic Parts aka Lots


keep in mind that
Mercury at 2 Aries has no Essential Dignity
Mars at 19 Gemini has no Essential Dignity

hence

both Mercury and Mars are PEREGRINE


QUOTE

'…...A Planet is Peregrine, when in the degrees of any Sign wherein he hath no essential dignity
As Saturn in the tenth degree of Aries,
that Sign being not his House, Exaltation, or of his Triplicity
or he having in that degree neither Term or Face
he is then said to be Peregrine
had he been in 27, 28, &c. of Aries, he could not be termed Peregrine,
because then he is in his own Term......' (Lilly, CA, p.112)

'….Just as essential dignity signifies strength and a capacity for beneficial action
lack of it implies weakness or a harmful disposition.
A planet with no essential dignity is called Peregrine,
a Latin word meaning 'alien' or 'foreigner'
pereger = beyond the borders
ager = land
i.e., 'beyond one's own land').
In old English, to 'peregrinate' means to wander far from home......'

'…..In SYMBOLIC terms, a peregrine planet describes a drifter
- someone with no title or stake in his or her environment.
It's helpful to think in terms of property
because
Property owners tend to view drifters with suspicion,
and distrust their lack of stability.
Peregrine planets share this dubious reputation....' (CA. p.112)

Under normal circumstances a peregrine planet lacks the necessary strength
to convey lasting benefit. Its position of weakness can be alleviated,
IF it is strongly dignified accidentally
OR if it forms a mutual reception with a stronger planet http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html


In this case MARS is stronger than MERCURY
because
MARS is on an angle


HOWEVER

MARS is of no assistance to MERCURY
because
although located on an angle
and in Mutual Reception with MERCURY
these factors DO NOT cancel out MARS lack of essential dignity
and hence Peregrine nature


MARS is therefore ACCIDENTALLY DIGNIFIED BY HOUSE LOCATION ON AN ANGLE
and therefore STRONGLY PLACED
BUT
because of PEREGINE status
MARS is unable to get what it promises done
because MARS has 'no title or stake in his environment'
i.e. MARS lacks the NECESSARY RESOURCES to act
HOWEVER
this may be good news
because
Mars is traditionally known as 'the lesser malefic'
and therefore attempta to get malefic acts done
so
if Mars lacks the necessary resources to achieve those malefic goals
then that can only be good for the native
particularly since Mars opposes the ASCENDANT
and
the ASCENDANT symbolizes amongst other factors
the native's physical body

7th house is the house of Marriage and all forms of partnerships.


i.e.

The spouse, lover,
Business partnerships and the legal contracts that
pertain to them.
All enemies that are known
as such belong to 7th house
12th house warns of secret enemies
but as soon as their existence is known
they are represented through the 7th house. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h7.html


so

since a planet in 7th house signifies an open enemy
then it's good that
in this particular case
their enemy lacks the necessary resources
to do any damage to the native


__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
7401Rizey (11-26-2014)
  #18  
Unread 11-26-2014, 07:58 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
The Mars Opposite the ASC, combined with Mars being Out of bounds, in your 6th house of everyday work(employers, etc), and high power is clearly implicated in the issues that you have career-wise. The combination, IMO, makes it well above the issues brought one by Saturn opp Jupiter.
My Mars does make an aspect to my Midheaven. Okay, when you say "Mars being out of bounds" what do you mean? It is because it's not making no major aspects to other planets? or it is because it's not in a fire house/sign? The 6th house is a ****** placement. I've read a few sites that house is okay for the mars.


So going back to everything, these matters aren't between expansion and limitations, these are about what I need out of my life and my drive for others. I'm not saying I know 100%, I just would like another point of view, another perspective on the matter.

I have to balance out what I need as oppose to what others want?...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 11-26-2014, 08:14 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Mars opposite Ascendant is strong BY LOCATION

HOWEVER

that is only half the battle

i.e.

in this case MARS LACKS THE RESOURCES TO ACT
and if MARS had the resources to act
since
MARS NATURE IS MALEFIC
then MARS acts are by nature malefic acts

by the way
Traditional methods focus on the seven visible planets
i.e. Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn
as well as the Part of Fortune and other Arabic Parts aka Lots


keep in mind that
Mercury at 2 Aries has no Essential Dignity
Mars at 19 Gemini has no Essential Dignity

hence

both Mercury and Mars are PEREGRINE


QUOTE

'...A Planet is Peregrine, when in the degrees of any Sign wherein he hath no essential dignity
As Saturn in the tenth degree of Aries,
that Sign being not his House, Exaltation, or of his Triplicity
or he having in that degree neither Term or Face
he is then said to be Peregrine
had he been in 27, 28, &c. of Aries, he could not be termed Peregrine,
because then he is in his own Term......' (Lilly, CA, p.112)

'.Just as essential dignity signifies strength and a capacity for beneficial action
lack of it implies weakness or a harmful disposition.
A planet with no essential dignity is called Peregrine,
a Latin word meaning 'alien' or 'foreigner'
pereger = beyond the borders
ager = land
i.e., 'beyond one's own land').
In old English, to 'peregrinate' means to wander far from home......'

'..In SYMBOLIC terms, a peregrine planet describes a drifter
- someone with no title or stake in his or her environment.
It's helpful to think in terms of property
because
Property owners tend to view drifters with suspicion,
and distrust their lack of stability.
Peregrine planets share this dubious reputation....' (CA. p.112)

Under normal circumstances a peregrine planet lacks the necessary strength
to convey lasting benefit. Its position of weakness can be alleviated,
IF it is strongly dignified accidentally
OR if it forms a mutual reception with a stronger planet http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig4.html


In this case MARS is stronger than MERCURY
because
MARS is on an angle


HOWEVER

MARS is of no assistance to MERCURY
because
although located on an angle
and in Mutual Reception with MERCURY
these factors DO NOT cancel out MARS lack of essential dignity
and hence Peregrine nature


MARS is therefore ACCIDENTALLY DIGNIFIED BY HOUSE LOCATION ON AN ANGLE
and therefore STRONGLY PLACED
BUT
because of PEREGINE status
MARS is unable to get what it promises done
because MARS has 'no title or stake in his environment'
i.e. MARS lacks the NECESSARY RESOURCES to act
HOWEVER
this may be good news
because
Mars is traditionally known as 'the lesser malefic'
and therefore attempta to get malefic acts done
so
if Mars lacks the necessary resources to achieve those malefic goals
then that can only be good for the native
particularly since Mars opposes the ASCENDANT
and
the ASCENDANT symbolizes amongst other factors
the native's physical body

7th house is the house of Marriage and all forms of partnerships.


i.e.

The spouse, lover,
Business partnerships and the legal contracts that
pertain to them.
All enemies that are known
as such belong to 7th house
12th house warns of secret enemies
but as soon as their existence is known
they are represented through the 7th house. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h7.html


so

since a planet in 7th house signifies an open enemy
then it's good that
in this particular case
their enemy lacks the necessary resources
to do any damage to the native



Hahahaha. When I got to the end of reading your post, you made me feel like I got superpowers LOL.

One thing that stood out is when you said "mars has no title or stake in his or her environment."

because that sort of brings me back to my work situation at the moment. I have a very flexible and unusual work pattern that sometimes I do many things in a workplace or I do many jobs at different workplaces.. that sometimes it's hard to say what my title is.

but I'm relating to the point of view you made.

I always looked at my chart and thought that Mars is in the 6th house. Well, he's at the tip, but I never really considered that it was also in the 7th. I guess conjunct, but I thought that's a kinda loose for a conjunction,

Anyways, the whole secret enemies turning into light thing (12th - 7th)
is that influenced more because mars is there? Like when I think of secret enemies, I either think of the whole Jesus and Judas situation or people behind the scenes that I don't know.

Cool, so I guess I'm sorta protected in a way? but doesn't that also goes along with Sagittarius being on the 12th?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 11-26-2014, 08:18 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 63,043
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post


Hahahaha. When I got to the end of reading your post, you made me feel like I got superpowers LOL.

One thing that stood out is when you said "mars has no title or stake in his or her environment."

because that sort of brings me back to my work situation at the moment. I have a very flexible and unusual work pattern that sometimes I do many things in a workplace or I do many jobs at different workplaces.. that sometimes it's hard to say what my title is.

but I'm relating to the point of view you made.

I always looked at my chart and thought that Mars is in the 6th house. Well, he's at the tip, but I never really considered that it was also in the 7th. I guess conjunct, but I thought that's a kinda loose for a conjunction,

Anyways, the whole secret enemies turning into light thing (12th - 7th)
is that influenced more because mars is there? Like when I think of secret enemies, I either think of the whole Jesus and Judas situation or people behind the scenes that I don't know.

Cool, so I guess I'm sorta protected in a way? but doesn't that also goes along with Sagittarius being on the 12th?


Traditionally AQUARIUS is the home territory of SATURN

and so
SATURN is Essentially Dignified in this particular natal chart
and therefore HAS THE RESOURCES to carry out SATURN's significations

and

OPPOSES JUPITER located at 4 Leo
LEO is the home territory of the SUN


because this is a NIGHT chart
and at night JUPITER has Essential Dignity by TRIPLICITY
then JUPITER also has the resources to carry out JUPITER'S significations


SO


both SATURN AND JUPITER have the resources to carry out their significations


unlike MARS
who though STRONGLY PLACED
is lacking in Essential Dignity
and as a MALEFIC
albeit the Lesser Malefic
MARS is therefore a strong, BUT INCAPABLE misfortune
who introduces bad things incompletely
which is probably just as well


Dignity by Domicile trumps Essential dignity by Triplicity
so
Essentially,
SATURN has more resources than JUPITER

HOWEVER

both JUPITER and SATURN
have the necessary resources to carry out their significations


by the way
MERCURY and MARS although in MUTUAL RECEPTION
are EACH in poor circumstances,
comparable to drifters
lacking the resources to be of any tangible assistance to each other

SO

both JUPITER and SATURN are stronger due to having more resources
than MERCURY and MARS
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 11-26-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 11-26-2014, 08:28 PM
dhundhun's Avatar
dhundhun dhundhun is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,458
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post
Well... at the moment my income situation is not at it's best. When it comes to the 8TH House, I excessively try not to rely on that area, only because it comes off very strong for me.

The situation right now is one where I would like to stabilize my second house (in aquarius it's not really stable) because of income issues. I want to be able to put a career together.
I'd say - managing strong opposition is itself putting a career.

It is quite common in India that parents go to Astrologers for asking direction, which one to take. Many kids grow under astrological directions.

Here is an example of grooming for strong oppositions under astrological directions (my son) -
1. During primary education, he was bulled in school, neighborhood. He remained annoyed. I decided him to get Black belt. It took six years (age 9-15). He won couple of medals. After, no one bullies him - he was very well respected in school and neighborhood.

2. Physical strength was not enough for handling opposition. So, I always kept developing more "people skill" in him. While doing masters also, he picked people management as minor. Right now also, he is taking post graduation courses of people management classes in Standford University - that is sponsored by his company. You know Standford is one of the best universities in USA.

In my son's case, it is 3rd house planets acting as apex of wedge. Wedge took him to Standford University. He must be sharing same/similar horoscope with several thousands, every one does not come to Standford. His wedge was/is always kept active towards growth path deliberately. Without keeping wedge active that won't happen.
So, again, managing strong opposition is putting a career. It is never late. Develop skills, I gave some hints in previous post. There are several cases, when ASC, MC, etc. looses significance - everything is your opposition (if you can't manage, or wegde (if you can manage it) for name any relations, your parents, friends, love, employers. I have some other cases also posted - not understood by AW forum members. This is also such a case. You need to channelize, to have focus.

Good luck.

Last edited by dhundhun; 11-26-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dhundhun For This Useful Post:
7401Rizey (11-26-2014)
  #22  
Unread 11-26-2014, 08:33 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 63,043
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post

Hahahaha. When I got to the end of reading your post, you made me feel like I got superpowers LOL.

One thing that stood out is when you said "mars has no title or stake in his or her environment."

because that sort of brings me back to my work situation at the moment. I have a very flexible and unusual work pattern that sometimes I do many things in a workplace or I do many jobs at different workplaces.. that sometimes it's hard to say what my title is.

Symbolically a 'drifter' .....
I rest my case m'lud

HOWEVER a manifestation of the term that allows you to earn a living


Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post

but I'm relating to the point of view you made.

I always looked at my chart and thought that Mars is in the 6th house. Well, he's at the tip, but I never really considered that it was also in the 7th. I guess conjunct, but I thought that's a kinda loose for a conjunction,
MARS is in GEMINI
GEMINI is the OPPOSING SIGN to SAGITTARIUS

WHOLE SIGN HOUSES illustrates more clearly

Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable
or
meant the same thing.
A planet in Aries
was also a planet in the house of Aries,
so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today
....'

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology...ignhouses.html


Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post

Anyways, the whole secret enemies
turning into light thing (12th - 7th)
is that influenced more because mars is there?
Like when I think of secret enemies, I either think of the whole Jesus and Judas situation
or people behind the scenes that I don't know.

Cool, so I guess I'm sorta protected in a way?
but doesn't that also goes along with Sagittarius being on the 12th?
Using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES
SAGITTARIUS is your Ascendant/1st HOUSE
SCORPIO is your 12th WHOLE SIGN house

There is an Extended Chart Selection page at astro,com
there anyone may create their natal chart using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES
as well as any of FOURTEEN alternative house systems on offer there as well
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 11-26-2014, 09:23 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhundhun View Post
I'd say - managing strong opposition is itself putting a career.

It is quite common in India that parents go to Astrologers for asking direction, which one to take. Many kids grow under astrological directions.

Here is an example of grooming for strong oppositions under astrological directions (my son) -
1. During primary education, he was bulled in school, neighborhood. He remained annoyed. I decided him to get Black belt. It took six years (age 9-15). He won couple of medals. After, no one bullies him - he was very well respected in school and neighborhood.

2. Physical strength was not enough for handling opposition. So, I always kept developing more "people skill" in him. While doing masters also, he picked people management as minor. Right now also, he is taking post graduation courses of people management classes in Standford University - that is sponsored by his company. You know Standford is one of the best universities in USA.

In my son's case, it is 3rd house planets acting as apex of wedge. Wedge took him to Standford University. He must be sharing same/similar horoscope with several thousands, every one does not come to Standford. His wedge was/is always kept active towards growth path deliberately. Without keeping wedge active that won't happen.
So, again, managing strong opposition is putting a career. It is never late. Develop skills, I gave some hints in previous post. There are several cases, when ASC, MC, etc. looses significance - everything is your opposition (if you can't manage, or wegde (if you can manage it) for name any relations, your parents, friends, love, employers. I have some other cases also posted - not understood by AW forum members. This is also such a case. You need to channelize, to have focus.

Good luck.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your son's opposition?

Mines in Aquarius and Leo. I have to squeeze out as much as I can from the aspects that are formed towards Mercury..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 11-26-2014, 09:32 PM
7401Rizey 7401Rizey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Symbolically a 'drifter' .....
I rest my case m'lud

HOWEVER a manifestation of the term that allows you to earn a living



MARS is in GEMINI
GEMINI is the OPPOSING SIGN to SAGITTARIUS

WHOLE SIGN HOUSES illustrates more clearly

Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable
or
meant the same thing.
A planet in Aries
was also a planet in the house of Aries,
so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today
....'

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology...ignhouses.html



Using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES
SAGITTARIUS is your Ascendant/1st HOUSE
SCORPIO is your 12th WHOLE SIGN house

There is an Extended Chart Selection page at astro,com
there anyone may create their natal chart using WHOLE SIGN HOUSES
as well as any of FOURTEEN alternative house systems on offer there as well

So, you don't put a great deal of emphasis on the houses and house positions.

I always thought Whole Sign worked better, but Pladius made more sense to me in the long run. I exhibit both Gemini and Sagittarius energy through my ASC. I've been told before that I "TALK TOO MUCH" hahaha, I found it funny because i've always been characterized as a "quiet kid/guy"

That ***** my Mars is strongly placed but isn't able to do anything. Maybe if I had that aspect from Mercury I would be able to do stuff lol.

It always begs the question then because if it's receiving an aspect from the MC, then that would mean that it's impact is not that strong because of it's peregrine disposition. AWH!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 11-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: Is Mercury the answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7401Rizey View Post
So, you don't put a great deal of emphasis on the houses and house positions.
It needs to be said that JupiterASC is a Traditional Astrologer.

As such, most of what he uses originated before 1700 and usually use Equal Houses. Things like outer planets, asteroids, astrodynes, and virtually anything discovered by astronomy after 1700 in not part of the baliwick of a traditional astrologer.

Last edited by Zarathu; 11-26-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
answer, jupiter, mercury, opposition, saturn

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.