Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 06-25-2014, 09:39 AM

Yod Aspect Pattern

Can anyone give me an insight on the Yod pattern in my chart? It's been said that the one who has this aspect has a "special mission" to go through during their lifetime.

Unread 06-25-2014, 09:42 AM

Re: Yod Aspect Pattern

my chart.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_05_rizey_hw.84966.27026.jpg (86.1 KB, 14 views)
Unread 06-25-2014, 10:13 PM

Not to say your special mission has been cancelled....

But Mars 150 Pluto seems the only aspect (among the three needed to compose a classic Yod) that lies within acceptable orb (and, anyway, those fuzzy keywords for configs seem aimed more at obfuscation than guidance one can grip).
Unread 06-26-2014, 02:57 AM

Are you trying to say that I don't have a yod aspect in my chart? I have venus and mars inconjunct pluto, with venus and mars making a sextile aspect.
Unread 06-26-2014, 04:11 AM

As the orb allowed for a quincunx is 2 degrees, Venus is a bit out of orb. However, as Venus/Mars midpoints Pluto I would be inclined to allow it as a YOD.

Pluto is an important dwarf planet for you as it also midpoints your Ascendant/MC and conjoins your Part of Fortune.

As Pluto is in your 11th house, the types of friends you choose will determine the way your YOD functions so it is wise to be quite discriminating. As both Venus and Mars are involved I would suggest particular discrimination in sexual partners.

I have written a bit about the YOD aspect here that you might find interesting: http://aliceportman.com/yods-and-quincunx/

Alice
The Following User Says Thank You to Alice McDermott For This Useful Post:
StillOne (06-26-2014)
Unread 06-27-2014, 01:04 AM

This should not work as YOD. However had it been a YOD, it'd require commitment and diplomacy to manage challenges in this. I can imagine to the extent of marriage (and ...).
Unread 06-27-2014, 04:48 AM

T'was a sad day when I said goodbye to sextiles way over 3 dgrees (as is your Ven "60" Mars). Charts lose a lot of fuzzy/weak-influenced, feel-good aspects, exposing a cooler, even crueler, aspect mix which, ime, helps to better focus on reality, rather than what one would wish it to be.
Similarly, t'was a happy day when I said goodbye to 150's orbed way over one degree (compelled by welcoming the septile family aspects into my synthesis toolbox, among which your Ven tri-septile Pluto is 1.22 degree orbed and, so, not an inconjuct with 2.55 degree loose orb).
Puzzling, why an above comment directs you to webpages about inconjuncts and Yods when (last time I checked) that same website professes belief in the septile family aspects.
In sum, one can bend over to justify a fuzzy/flexible orb policy in all sorts of ways among which is *not* included this type of situation where the aspect in question becomes mislabeled as a result.

Last edited by Krewster; 06-27-2014 at 04:55 AM.
Unread 06-27-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
=Krewster;560190]]Puzzling, why an above comment directs you to webpages about inconjuncts and Yods when (last time I checked) that same website professes belief in the septile family aspects.
I understand Krewster and overall agree.

It was just that this pattern had a midpoint to the focal planet and wasn't all that out of orb so I thought I would consider it on that basis.

Still ... it is not a 'proper' YOD as the orb is too wide.

The YOD is based on the 12th harmonic and the Septile series is based on the 7th harmonic so it is probably best not to mix them.

Alice

Tags
aspect, pattern, quincuinx