Free Will vs Fate

Therese

...different cultures and traditions have different views on how specific "fate" is. It can be anywhere between "your fate is to be born and then to die" and "you will buy a red bicycle on 26th of march 2015". I think it's also important to clarify what exactly astrolgers mean by "fate".

I am still a beginner in astrology. I read a few opinions according to which a person's level of consiousness hugely effects how their chart plays out in their lives. But some also say that you cannot tell how "evolved" a person is based on their chart. And that sounds a bit of a contradiction because if a chart is so specific that we can even describe the hair colour, why can't we tell how "evolved" a person is? Is inner growth and awareness subject to fate, or is it subject to free will? What happens, according to astrology, when you become more aware, more conscious? Are you changing your "fate" or not?

What do we consider a change of fate? if I need to get pneumonia to realize something or a "random" line in a book will take me to the same realization, then is pneumonia my "fate", or is it the specific realization I needed to grow further?

I mean, I'm just musing here...

JUPITERASC

Have you spent a lot of time thinking about this? I thought about these things too, and I wondered about the past and the future.

A lot of people say time is an illusion. I always wondered what that meant. Time is just a way to measure dimensions in space. To get from point a to point b takes x time.

If you took time out of that, you would end up with something like those pictures that show streams of car lights flowing out in a continuous length.

The other thing though... if you can't change the past, and everything in the future inevitably becomes the past then wouldn't that leave the future as unchangeable as the past? And if you took time out of that then you could end up with a model of the universe that would look like a giant tangled ball of lines showing the movement of every particle.
The concept of 'Time' has multiple intriguing interpretations...

Jonathan Orchard won a prize in the US for this song which highlights how to 'change the future'
by using awareness of personal beliefs/accustomed ways of thinking

BECAUSE THE PRESENT HAS THE POWER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO1TcckJBGw :smile: