Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Dignities & debilities

Dignities & debilities Board for discussing planets in dignities and debilities in natal charts.

Unread 06-29-2020, 04:58 AM
Banned

mars in cancer- stress and depression

Does mars cancer have other characteristics than being very emotional?

Unread 06-30-2020, 04:03 AM

Re: mars in cancer- stress and depression

Please post your chart, and make sure it is legible and that we can read the degrees. It's hard to say anything based on one snippet of information.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 06-30-2020, 05:04 AM

They call Mars Cancer in detriment. It isnít because it is weak there. It gives strength, and defensiveness to you, most particularly to those that you feel close to. I do have strong emotions, although most would not call me emotional. I listen closely, to what is said. I have learned to pick my battles, some, just roll your eyes and walk away.

Yes I have Mars in Cancer, some may see it as a detriment, I prefer to see it as a strength.

Like Waybread said though, without anymore information, thatís about it.

Last edited by Opal; 06-30-2020 at 05:06 AM.
Unread 06-30-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yutah View Post
Does mars cancer have other characteristics than being very emotional?
Mars is the planet of energetic activity and assertivity,
Cancer is the Water element sign of expression of feeling.
Put Mars in Cancer and you get an effect of a red hot poker in water.

It can activate a strong stirring of inner feeling that can act positively or negatively, depending upon how hot or cold the water in the inner cauldron is.

Excellent towards releasing perspiration through steam from any sport activity, followed by a shower or the sauna.

Anything that 'warms the tummy', like a hot water bottle, or can be cuddled and embraced, or punched, like a bag, pillow or favourite soft toy. Especially when upset and steaming inside.... and is better than 'hitting out in response' or reaching out for the popcorn or ice cream for the comfort effect.

It will probably prefer hot,spicy food in preference to cucumbers in a cold salad.

It can create an active imagination through what it feels 'is', rather than what manifested events show or not show to be actually physically occuring (opposite Capricorn influences?).

It can have an impounding effect on gender factors. The male in the female or vice-versa, as well as that in the other which sets off the feelings.

If feelings are blocked through other factors, it can eventually open the water tap, that can turn into a waterfall.

If harshly aspected and in an astrological house concerned with physical health, watch out for the warning signs of impeding danger.

How Mars acts can depend a lot upon how Cancer's ruler, the moon, is situated.

Another Mars in Cancer.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frisiangal For This Useful Post:
Opal (07-01-2020), R4VEN (08-19-2020), Thirdteenth (11-25-2020)
Unread 09-20-2020, 09:11 AM

My ex-husband has Mars in Cancer and he is extremely sensitive but it manifests itself into aggression unfortunately. He is very aggressive and picks fights with everyone constantly. He does not deal with stress so well at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aniko For This Useful Post:
Thirdteenth (11-25-2020)
Unread 11-25-2020, 01:45 AM

I can't speak to the stress and depression because a lot of planetary interactions can cause that reaction. I do think depression is more likely generally when connected to Saturn/Capricorn and moon/Cancer, but can show her ugly head with other planetary interactions. What I have noticed is that Mars is frustrated in Cancer and at the very least in some people can produce those who cry when they are angry. It's as if the anger has no direct way to express itself (hence depression, anger turned inwards) However the beauty of astrology is that it gives you the awareness to begin to work with it. So finding healthy ways to express anger, even if you don't have direct access to it could be great. sex, exercise, and anything physical are great ways to release pent up stress even if you don't have direct access or comfort with the angry feelings.
Unread 11-25-2020, 03:17 AM

Ciao Mind if I put two cents into this thread?

What I noticed about the people who have the sign of Cancer as the Mars placement is this need to protect what it is that they deem to be personal onto them, especially if it had to do with family members or even very close friends but again it is whoever they deemed to be close to them (even if they do not like someone. It is like ďI can talk ill of them but you cannot sort of thingĒ). I get a really territorial sort of feeling from this placement. It is like they would be the sort of people if put in a friend group setting, they would not be so open to a new person coming into this group because it would be an unfamiliar sort of energy to them. Also I always got a poking the bear sort of feeling from these people because they can get so angry or just really aggressive out of nowhere (like scary angry but Iím not scared because Iím used to combativeness). It isnít sporadic, it is definitely...a build up but an unnecessary build up because a lot of stuff I find that they get upset about makes no sense (that is just my own perspective. Maybe cause I have such a strange way that I handle things lol). However, this defensiveness that a cancer Mars person has, I donít feel like it would just be there just to be there but it had developed into that throughout their life somehow.

Unread 11-25-2020, 03:34 AM

I think it strange that you donít know what a Mars cancer is upset about. It is rarely not obvious.
Unread 11-25-2020, 03:55 AM

Hi Opal! What do you know, you’re a Cancer Mars native correct? Do you make your troubles known to those around? How does it manifest in your case Opal? If you did not mind sharing that to the thread, so there could be clearer understanding on all parts. That is okay if you do not want to as well. I will respect your decision.

Unread 11-25-2020, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdteenth View Post
Hi Opal! What do you know, youíre a Cancer Mars native correct? Do you make your troubles known to those around? How does it manifest in your case Opal? If you did not mind sharing that to the thread, so there could be clearer understanding on all parts. That is okay if you do not want to as well. I will respect your decision.
Mostly, I am pretty patient. I am usually the person to greet a stranger in a crowd that they are unknown to. You really have to press my buttons to get me there. If you do get me there, itís like, ďwhy did you make me do that to youĒ I am mercury libra. Libra sun. Sun very square Mars.
Unread Yesterday, 03:01 AM

Hi Thirdteenth,

I do not know, if you were reading my Clymer thread. If you were, you would have seen how well, I can control my composure. I was being personally attacked by someone who was intentionally trying to get me to argue, and trying to get themselves ejected from here. They never succeeded in making me lose my composure with them. But, in all honesty, the person was pming me, of their intentions. Very nice in the pmís, I didnít see all of his attacks on me in my thread, many were deleted by Osamenor while I was at work. Cancer Mars, can listen to a lot of negativity about themselves. They are more protective of others.

Tags
cancer, depression, mars, stress