A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

Hkk

Account Closed
Opal, since you believe the Aquarian Age began quite some time ago, then you're setting the sidereal Signs in such a way that the sidereal Aquarian Age has not only already begun, but is the reason for the internet. So, anyone with a tropical Sun in Aquarius, is actually a sidereal Capricorn.

This would make sense ? No?......

david starling

This would make sense ? No?......

Only if the warlike Roman Empire was a product of the sidereal Age of Pisces, instead of sidereal Aries. Also, the religious wars after the fall of the Roman Empire wouldn't make sense for an Age of Pisces.

If the sidereal Aquarian Age began 1900 A.D., for example, then the sidereal Age of Pisces began 2150 years earlier, in 250 B.C.E., during the formation of ancient Rome into an awesome military power. It looked to Mars, their god of war, for victory in battle.

Sounds like a sidereal Age of Aries, to me.

Hkk

Account Closed
Only if the warlike Roman Empire was a product of the sidereal Age of Pisces, instead of sidereal Aries. Also, the religious wars after the fall of the Roman Empire wouldn't make sense for an Age of Pisces.

If the sidereal Aquarian Age began 1900 A.D., for example, then the sidereal Age of Pisces began 2150 years earlier, in 250 B.C.E., during the formation of ancient Rome into an awesome military power. It looked to Mars, their god of war, for victory in battle.

Sounds like a sidereal Age of Aries, to me.

Ok, I get that. So you’re looking at historical events etc to match the ages. That’s actually a great way to research and prove what we are in right now as you would do this if for example you didn’t know your rising sign due to not knowing birth time. Makes sense to me.

I don’t know what to believe as I haven’t got my head round your thread yet. It’s a bit too advanced for me. I get what you have explained to me so just learning 😊

david starling

Ok, I get that. So you’re looking at historical events etc to match the ages. That’s actually a great way to research and prove what we are in right now as you would do this if for example you didn’t know your rising sign due to not knowing birth time. Makes sense to me.

I don’t know what to believe as I haven’t got my head round your thread yet. It’s a bit too advanced for me. I get what you have explained to me so just learning 😊

I've had 40 years to research it and mull it over! :biggrin:

david starling

How so?........

Closest analogy I can think of, is AM and FM radio. Except that we're tuned into both at once, on the unconscious level. I'm more consciously aware of tropical, and focus on what that's telling me, but I don't discount sidereal influence happening at the same time.

Last edited:

david starling

The certainty of knowing where the tropical Sign-boundaries are appeals to me. And that way, I can calculate the start-date for the tropical Aquarian Age without the need to choose between the widely different possible sidereal Aquarian Age start-dates.

Opal

Premium Member
Opal, since you believe the Aquarian Age began quite some time ago, then you're setting the sidereal Signs in such a way that the sidereal Aquarian Age has not only already begun, but is the reason for the internet. So, anyone with a tropical Sun in Aquarius, is actually a sidereal Capricorn.

I use tropical for reading natal.

I use sidereal for the ages.

I don’t mix them.

Like there are rules for mundane, or horary, I see them as separate, used for different applications.

For the ages, I am still on Burgoyne, and the age of Aquarius coming in with The Industrial Revolution and Nikola Tesla. Zap! 😄

Opal

Premium Member
With that we would be at about 2 degrees into the age ofAquarius, but technically since it spins the other way we would clock in at 28 degrees Aquarius.

david starling

I use tropical for reading natal.

I use sidereal for the ages.

I don’t mix them.

Like there are rules for mundane, or horary, I see them as separate, used for different applications.

For the ages, I am still on Burgoyne, and the age of Aquarius coming in with The Industrial Revolution and Nikola Tesla. Zap! ��

Pretty sure a distinction can be made between Burgoyne's beginning of the "New Age", and the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. I can see the culmination of the tropical Age of Capricorn as the "New Age", because that's when its most innovative results finally appeared in the last Decant towards the end of the 18th Century and accelerating from there. This also corresponds to the formation of the United States, and the motto, Novus Ordo Seclorum, meaning "New Order of the Ages", with the Age of Capricorn as the first Age of the Winter season of Ages.

Easy to confuse the late blooming of the tropical Capricornian Age with the immediate effectiveness of the tropical Aquarian Age, once the astrology tells us the Mean-setting of the Age-indicator has actually ingressed the Sign.

The tropical Cardinal-sign Ages manifest their true nature very late, because they're innovative, and held back by the traditions of the previous Season of Ages. Same thing happened with the tropical Age of Libra, with walled city states, writing, and the wheel, the plow, animal labor, metallurgy, the balance scale, mathematics, astrology, and a religious pantheon, all occurring in the last Decant, and at the 25th degree of tropical Libra, about 300 years before the beginning of the tropical, Fixed-sign Age of Scorpio, c.3100 B.C.E).

The tropical Fixed-sign Ages are free from the inertia of the past season of Ages, and can get off to an immediate start, right at the beginning, like the First Dynasty of ancient Egypt.

Last edited:

david starling

Opal, seems to me you are mixing them, because you need both to include the astrological Ages. Whereas, I'm using them separately, and can consider the sidereal Ages within the context of the sidereal Zodiac without even mentioning the tropical Zodiac, and vice versa. :biggrin:

Last edited:

david starling

I should have emphasized this more: There's the "New Age", of globalization and technology, and the U.S. motto "Novus Ordo Seclorum", meaning "New Order of the Ages", which is the final, culminating stage of the Age of tropical Capricorn. It began around 1750, and took root in the "New World" of North America. This is what the Industrial Revolution has been about, and now, the Military-Industrial-Financial-Technological-Medical-Complex.
This "New Age" isn't what the Aquarian Age is about at all. In fact, it's what will be overthrown and dismantled once the tropical Aquarian Age becomes effective by the year 2149.

david starling

Science Fiction definitely has some prophetic value. To illustrate the dynamics of the tropical Age transition we're currently experiencing, the movie "Matrix" comes to mind. The Matrix itself, as described in the movie, is representative of the ultimate result of the Saturn-ruled Age of Capricorn, starting with the Industrial revolution, and now reaching its climax at the end of the Age.

The awakening from the Matrix, is about the Uranian-ruled Age of Aquarius, accompanied by the ending of the Kali Yuga.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Opal, seems to me you are mixing them, because you need both to include the astrological Ages. Whereas, I'm using them separately, and can consider the sidereal Ages within the context of the sidereal Zodiac without even mentioning the tropical Zodiac, and vice versa. :biggrin:

In a sense, yes. The Zodiacal sign are depicted similarly in both Sidereal and Tropical. That is not something that I would want to change.

But, I don't yet totally understand the known Sidereal Ages. Trying to prove or disprove a date of start for the Sidereal Ages has not yet been satisfactorily done. Still looking for something, that totally convinces me, besides, my belief. Belief, is not proof.

david starling

In a sense, yes. The Zodiacal sign are depicted similarly in both Sidereal and Tropical. That is not something that I would want to change.

But, I don't yet totally understand the known Sidereal Ages. Trying to prove or disprove a date of start for the Sidereal Ages has not yet been satisfactorily done. Still looking for something, that totally convinces me, besides, my belief. Belief, is not proof.

What if you asked 20 different astrologers to tell you the degree and minute of your sidereal Sun-sign, or Moon-sign, or those of the planets, and you got 20 different answers, including 15 of them from tropical astrologers? Which one would you most likely believe was correct, and what would be the criteria for your decision? :biggrin:

Opal

Premium Member
What if you asked 20 different astrologers to tell you the degree and minute of your sidereal Sun-sign, or Moon-sign, or those of the planets, and you got 20 different answers, including 15 of them from tropical astrologers? Which one would you most likely believe was correct, and what would be the criteria for your decision? :biggrin:

Well, I would agree with me. I have tried to see myself in Sidereal charts. I have done the reading. It doesn't sound familiar, to me. If a siderealist could give me a reading, that sounded like me, I would be open to it. But, I haven't experienced that.

I have done my chart tropical, of course, and it sounds like me. I laugh at the truths that it shows me, of me.

david starling

Well, I would agree with me. I have tried to see myself in Sidereal charts. I have done the reading. It doesn't sound familiar, to me. If a siderealist could give me a reading, that sounded like me, I would be open to it. But, I haven't experienced that.

I have done my chart tropical, of course, and it sounds like me. I laugh at the truths that it shows me, of me.

Well, if you don't trust sidereal for Natal-chart readings, why trust it for the Ages?

Maybe (I said maybe, remember I said maybe) the sidereal Ages, so important to tropicalists, but which are basically ignored by actual siderealists, were just a fortunate coincidence in that they happen to point to an upcoming, sidereal Aquarian Age. And, that's what triggered the intuitive ability of tropicalists, who have an upcoming Aquarian Age of their own without realizing how to determine it. Which isn't surprising, given that tropicalists have almost completely ignored the Precession of the Perihelion, which is the reason for the tropical Ages in the first place.

And, the amazing amount of intuitively-based interest evidenced by tropicalists concerning an Age of Aquarius affecting the future, was unfortunately satisfied by the far more obvious rotation of the First Point of Tropical Aries through the Constellations.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Well, if you don't trust sidereal for Natal-chart readings, why trust it for the Ages?

Maybe (I said maybe, remember I said maybe) the sidereal Ages, so important to tropicalists, but which are basically ignored by actual siderealists, were just a fortunate coincidence in that they happen to point to an upcoming, sidereal Aquarian Age. And, that's what triggered the intuitive ability of tropicalists, who have an upcoming Aquarian Age of their own without realizing how to determine it. Which isn't surprising, given that tropicalists have almost completely ignored the Precession of the Perihelion, which is the reason for the tropical Ages in the first place.

And, the amazing amount of intuitively-based interest evidenced by tropicalists concerning an Age of Aquarius affecting the future, was unfortunately satisfied by the far more obvious rotation of the First Point of Tropical Aries through the Constellations.

:biggrin: Okay, okay, I will go read up on Capricorn some more and read and think. :biggrin: