Lack of materialization, lack of Earth signs?

Sackoci

Hey All,
I am struggling with materializing ideas, wishes, desires in my life. I am full of them, but my whole life I am afraid of really going for realizing them. I do work on these fears with a professional and I hope astrology can also give some insights.
As you can see the only Earth sign is my Saturn conjunt True Node in Virgo 11th/12th house (which one is it actually) and my Chiron in Taurus in the 8th.
How can I use this tiny Earth portion of my chart to make the best of it and manifesting the life I want instead of overthinking, being indecisive and lacking action? Is there a way out of this safe Cancerian pace? Which parts of my chart does show persistance and real drive? Is there any? Which field of life is where I can be most authentic and true to myself?
Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, Good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.

Thanks and please be real in your answers,
Sára

Last edited:

Sackoci

My birth chart

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_saci.67564.51599.png
    astro_w2gw_saci.67564.51599.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 37

OuterPlanets89

Quick analysis

1) With an early Libra ASC, you have a "reversed" chart, with the signs in their opposite sign's natural house (i.e. Scorpio in the 2nd House, Taurus's home). This means that balancing the polarities will be especially critical in your life, both in terms of where transiting planets are in your houses, and the houses activated in your chart natally. It also makes reading a chart much more difficult, when you're trying to figure out the meaning of a Sun on the MC in Cancer, opposite an IC in Capricorn, when they're more comfortable switched around. This does certainly point to a distinct dynamic in the mother/father roles in your home (sometimes switched traditional gender roles).

2) You have a lot of major squares in your chart, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, you just have to put more work in (and that will reap rewards).

- The Sun in Cancer in the 10th (a complicated placement in itself) square Pluto in the 1st in Libra is a major one. Sun/Pluto aspects have many cycles of transformation, and are very unique to the individual, I've found.
- The biggest configuration are the squares made to the apex of your chart, your Node/Saturn in Virgo. But it's not a T-Square, as your Neptune in the 3rd doesn't oppose your Mars in the 9th, making the energy more difficult to master, I'd imagine. Your Neptune does roughly oppose your Venus/Mars midpoint though, so I'd look into that relationship for clues.
- Your Scorpio Moon squaring your Jupiter/Mercury in Leo sounds pretty central to your post. Your Pluto and Mars feed this "big thinking" conjunction in Leo by sextiles on each side too.

3) Any planet conjunct your NN makes a major theme of your life journey. My mother has her NN in Virgo around the same degree, and it's conjunct to her Pluto. Her life has been a tale of someone who took control of her life in a major way, after spending her first 30ish years without any. Most charts I've seen with Pluto/NN and Saturn/NN focus on something similar, but with yours if would be a more Saturnian way -- as in providing structure around you, and the Virgo placement suggests routine. The 11th H makes it more complicated, however.

4) Transiting Pluto, Saturn and Jupiter are all in your 4th right now, which brings lots heavy energy to your personal house of home/feeling/sensitivity. I'd go easy on yourself.

kimbermoon

Your primary orientation in life involves the combination of
Sun in water, Moon in Water, with an Air Rising sign.
This also adds emphasis on your emotional nature, rather than your material orientation.

Such a lack of the Earth Element can tend to bog you down in terms of handling the physical / material reality and leave you feeling out of place, and possibly less in control of the direction your life is taking.

Having an afflicted Saturn in Virgo keeps you distracted by being indecisive and overthinking all the minor details of daily living. You can also be more prone to physical handicaps due to excess stress and internalized fears.
Saturn joined with the north node hints at themes that you have inherited
which contribute to instability and some sense of repression or fear that holds you back from moving forward.

While you have both Jupiter and Mercury [ruler of Virgo] influenced by the fire energy, they are also afflicted by Uranus contributing instability, restlessnes, confusion and unpredictability. This can show a disordered mind which can indicate some form of mental illness that requires a degree of consistency and discipline.
It is especially important to recognize that there is a greater need to gain control of the mind, rather than allowing it to control you.

Mars in Gemini also adds variable degrees of ‘flightyness’ and lack of focus.

As per your individual life path, we look to the Nodes of the Moon for hints at what we are here to focus on in life. Having the North Node in the 11th house suggests that you can find greater happiness through the serving and healing of others, rather than just chasing after your apparent personal ambitions.

Remember that we are meant to find a greater balance between the differing energies of both ends of the axis: for you, Pisces in your 5th H suggests the potential for emotional disruptions or perhaps unrealistic expectations in terms of love and matters of the heart: your imagination can get the better of you. Again this highlights the necessity of balancing between your scant earth energy and your more dominant water tendencies.

With Chiron also earth-influenced this suggests that you need to be focusing less on achieving material ambitions and more on healing that is necessary on the level of the psyche.

The current situation involving the pandemic is affecting us all in terms of
where we stand in life and in determining what is truly important rather then
just working to fulfill our individual needs.

Sackoci

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time and analysing my chart! :smile:

Dear OuterPlanets89,

1) Thanks for highlighting that I have a reserved chart, never thought about it this way. I don't know what to think about the dynamic in the mother/father roles in our home. You mean at my parent's or my house?
2) Good to have a confirmation that I need to put more work in, but at the end it will reap rewards. I also think that discipline and routine can help me the most. I just need complete solitude and peace to be able to focus.
3) Hearing about your mother is also very encouraging. It is never too late. I am definitely maturing late....

For me it is very difficult to go easy on myself and I found the quarantined life as a very good opportunity to make choices for my future life. I don't like my job, although I still have it in these crazy times and I am paid good. But I did have a burn-out in 2019. As many others around me...
I am also thinking of studying astrology, which I have been attracted to since young age, but never realized it apart from some self-study. My other idea was also to get into IT and programming as a careershift.
Apart from searching for courses and doing an IT course online, I do just think about these things so far... Still need to make a decision...

Dear kimbermoon,

Thanks for your thoughts and pointing out all my weaknesses :)
I can get overstressed and only reach out for help when I am overwhelmed.

I am working for years with psychologists on those hidden fears and the recent one seems to be finally someone who can understand my complexity and face me with myself and hopefully we can get rid of them together.

To be honest, I really don't like the Gemini flightyness in my chart, I would be happy to replace it with some good earthiness. To sit on my *** and get long-term things done.

I was never diagnosed with any mental illness, during my last year's burn-out I heard once the doctor mentioning depression, but that's all. It was most of the time me, who wanted to hear some real diagnose of some sort of psychological problem. However it sounds scary. Can you tell me more what you mean with that?

It speaks to my heart when you say I can find greater happiness through the serving and healing of others and by focusing on healing that is necessary on the level of the psyche. I will keep that in mind.

Thank you,
Sára

Kannon

First of all, I don't believe in "lack of" interpretations. If you start with that, then you start from a mindset of lack. Start from a place of strength, knowing your strength. Every person's chart has all the elements there in the form of the planets, their placements, and their aspects. There is no need for you or anyone else to have at least one planet in every sign element. We interpret what IS in the chart, not what isn't. Besides, there is no lack of Earth here in terms of planets-in-signs.

The issue here as I see it is that you are in a slow process of learning what is worthwhile. You've probably heard the devil is in the details. Well, for you so are the angels. Saturn conjunct North Lunar Node in Virgo is a kind of guide in which the conscientiousness of the full effects of your choices, aims, and ambitions must be faced. Time should be honored as being an aid to wisdom and wise choices. It is not important for you to hurry or show results at arbitrary landmarks in life (20, 30, 40, etc). Instead, it is more important that you know the quality and integrity of your efforts and take setbacks as having some meaning (not to be assumed as negatives against yourself).

Back to the idea of a mindset of strength ...

The Sun is clearly the strongest planet in your chart (assuming your Asc here is relatively accurate) and positioned the way it is in the 10th near the MC your expectations of yourself will be quite high. However, in the sign of Cancer it is primarily attuned emotionally to the needs and feelings states of the world-at-large in addition to others generally. This means it is important to deal with underlying emotional issues within yourself that may run interference with your perception of what is your feeling and urge versus what comes from others. In other words, underlying personal fears and healthy personal boundaries.

Fear and idealism (high expectations) or perfectionism can put you on the horns of a dilemma everywhere you turn. First, allow yourself to be imperfect and to have less-than-stellar results. You have got to give yourself full permission to make an effort that results in something relatively mundane. What matters most is the quality of your motivation and intentions: are you motivated to create mutually beneficial outcomes with others? If so, let it be sloppy. Let it be imperfect. What matters is that you make the effort and understand the whole outcome does not rest on your shoulders and you are allowed to have some failures. That's the only way you learn.

Saturn is the weakest planet in your chart, which tends to show the need to develop more experience overcoming problems and obstacles before your confidence dealing with them will grow. Don't expect shiny, sparkling outcomes with everything you touch. Expect setbacks, issues, diversions, delays, etc, because that is exactly the nature of life on Earth. None of us make a straight linear progression to success.

The road to success is paved with failures.

The question is what do we learn from it that adds to our strength?

Last edited:

OuterPlanets89

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time and analysing my chart! :smile:

Dear OuterPlanets89,

1) Thanks for highlighting that I have a reserved chart, never thought about it this way. I don't know what to think about the dynamic in the mother/father roles in our home. You mean at my parent's or my house?
2) Good to have a confirmation that I need to put more work in, but at the end it will reap rewards. I also think that discipline and routine can help me the most. I just need complete solitude and peace to be able to focus.
3) Hearing about your mother is also very encouraging. It is never too late. I am definitely maturing late....

For me it is very difficult to go easy on myself and I found the quarantined life as a very good opportunity to make choices for my future life. I don't like my job, although I still have it in these crazy times and I am paid good. But I did have a burn-out in 2019. As many others around me...
I am also thinking of studying astrology, which I have been attracted to since young age, but never realized it apart from some self-study. My other idea was also to get into IT and programming as a careershift.
Apart from searching for courses and doing an IT course online, I do just think about these things so far... Still need to make a decision...
You're welcome!

Keep in mind that Saturn often delays "success," and with NN pointing towards your final direction, it makes sense why you might be frustrated about the "lack of materialization" of your goals. But it also rewards hard work, and it sounds like you know what needs to be done. The hard part is figuring out the daily steps needed, and sticking to it of course. Developing your Saturn will be key, but unfortunately it's not strongly aspected, so there's no obvious answer as to how you can best tap into this energy.

As for family, I was talking about your dad/mom. Most people I know with an early Libra ASC have a unique theme of finding balance due to having signs in opposite houses, which goes along with Libra's natural purpose. My little brother has a Cancer MC/Capricorn IC and my mom was the Saturnian figure in the house to him.

- 1/7 Axis (Interacting; self-interest vs. other-centric): Libra ASC means Aries rules the 7th, meaning you might come off as friendly and charming in public (Pluto in the 1st changes this, but it does offer magnetism), but might be ruthless in relationships (7th).
- 2/8 Axis (Possessing; objects/security bring power vs. people/psychological influence bring power): This one's difficult to figure out, but with the Moon (2nd) and Chiron (8th) involved, it's key to study this axis, and figure out where your wounds lie.
- 3/9 Axis (Thinking; micro-facts/communication vs. macro-intuition): Having Neptune in the 3rd can be difficult, as it blurs a lot of the tangible thinking needed to make things happen. I'm curious as to how a Gemini Venus/Mars in the 9th would play out. I have family members with Gem/9th and Sag/3rd placements, and they're difficult to figure out.
- 4/10 Axis (Separating; private/family life vs. public/career life): With Cancer Sun on the MC, it could mean that you might be seen as loving and kind, but had a cold/strict home environment growing up (Cap IC).
- 5/11 Axis (Identity; self-expression vs. group/society focused): With Saturn and your NN in the 11th, I'd say that the "secret" towards finding that Saturnian structure likely lies in 11th house matters -- friendships, humanitarian efforts, out-of-the box subjects etc...but the 11th H is one of the more complicated houses to define, or so I've found. I have several planets there.
- 6/12 Axis (Serving; the practical vs. the spiritual): You have no planets in either, but with Virgo in the 12th, it can mean that you gloss over details.

Basically, there are a lot of conflicting energies there, which feeds right into your Libra ASC's tendency towards indecision (I have a Libra ASC too, but in late degrees). I'm guessing there's a strong inner-voice that stops you from doing A/B because your brain likely sees both sides of an issue right away (i.e. "I want to go into an esoteric field...or maybe not, it probably won't pay the bills").

But it also means that you likely think and introspect more than most, which can be a gift.

Sackoci

Dear All,

I am really touched by the in-depth answers you have given me. It feels so good to be supported and understood in this community. Where did you all study astrology? Are you professionals with clients or is it a hobby? Do you find it helpful in your own life? Can you recommend any good sources you use and where you learned from?

Kannon: I agree so much with what you have said and you have confirmed a lot of my own realizations about the devil in the details and honoring time as being an aid to wisdom. It comes naturally for me to put others first, but I am making huge steps to set healthy personal boundaries. And just thinking of being sloppy and imperfect gives me such a relief. And yes, let's better do things and fail, than not do anything.

OuterPlanets89: There is no other way than hard work it seems. Good to know this.
In my parents house the gender roles are very traditional, my mother is taking care of everything in the house, and my father makes the final decisions. My mother also achieved a lot in her own career, but was never recognized by my engineer father.They are together since 1974.
In my relationships however I strive for equality and most of my boyfriends had a lot of feminine sides and liked cooking more than me. :)
- 1/7 Axis: I know what you mean. A smiling face, showing balance to the outside world and in the beginning of a relationship. But when it becomes close, the dark sides also show. I am aware of this and I consciously do show my anger or frustration on the spot, mostly at work, instead of bringing it home. This Libra Rising can be so misleading to others and the balance is so shaky.
- 3/9 Axis: I always thought Neptune in the 3rd brings imagination in writing in my case. I have a style that is a bit blurry and I like to escape into the world of reading. Could this also indicate a neurotic older sister, who will probably never grow up/live in reality?
Gemini Venus/Mars in the 9th to me means that I am a thinker to the point of going nuts. And I need to communicate, so that all those thoughts don't get stuck. I moved abroad when I was 30, I speak a few languages, my partner is also a foreigner and I feel happy on the move, travelling. I had multiple affairs and a few important relationships. I love discussions, I love to use my brain and admire people with an in-depth knowledge. A can be aggressive defending my opinion, I can get into fights.

- 4/10 Axis: my parents are both Capricorns. They provided material security, but emotional security and affection was lacking in our house. They are tough people, but not able or even willing to develop emotionally. They probably didn't get the affection in their own families and got love only if they performed well. However, that was long ago and I tried several times to open them up. But they don't. It's a kind of 1 sided give and take. Especially with my father. As I said, my father is the stronger person, and he couldn't be more down to earth. We do love eachother, but the more I understand myself, the more we grow apart. I used to be closer with my mom too. I feel like being the most emotionally mature person in my family, while in my own relationship I recognise the mistakes my parents did make and still are. But I have a partner who supports me in this journey in a very honest way.
- 5/11 Axis: I have limited my friend's circle to a very few and good ones, and assorted a few needy ones. In the quarantine they are the only ones I miss and nature and animals.

Have a good Saturday All :smile:

Last edited: