Should I trade my lease for another lease?

sandyv63

I have to admit, I have no idea how to interpret this chart. I am used to looking at career horary but this is new territory for me. Some background info. I have a lease that goes another year on a 2012 model car. My mileage is really low so I figured I could get a good deal if I trade it in for a new lease. The reason I want a new lease is that my driving is all city driving and while this car gets great highway mileage, it is awful under city driving conditions. I wanted to get a smaller, more fuel efficient car (Toyota or Honda.) I'd also like to lower my monthly payment a little bit. So the question is, should I do it or hold on till the end of the lease next June?

I am thinking a car lease would be represented by the 3rd house. Or maybe the 8th house because it is a lease? Jeez. Regardless, I am Capricorn ruled by Saturn (of course. Let's get the most difficult planet to represent me.) I am trying to be very practical about this as the only reason I am doing this is to get better mileage and a lower lease payment. If we use the third house, Pisces is on the cusp and Neptune rules. Or is it Jupiter since most astrologers ignore the outer planets? Neptune is in it's home sign in the 2nd house so this seems right to me. I am basing this decision solely on financial considerations. Neptune will eventually trine Saturn, another good omen. But is the orb too wide to consider this a trine aspect? Looking at Saturn, it is in the 10th house which I am going to assume signifies the importance of this question to me. It is also conjunct the POF. Not sure if this even matters (but it can't hurt, right?) Neptune trines the POF as well. Of course maybe I'm looking at the incorrect houses/ruling planets and I could be way off and this would be a terrible time to get a new lease.

I should have asked a career question. I'd be sitting pretty with Venus in the 6th applying to a trine to Saturn in the 10th, and the POF. Hmm, I am going on some job interviews in the next couple of weeks. Maybe I really subconsciously wanted to ask about that! :biggrin:

Seriously though, can someone with better horary skills in these matters take a look at this chart and provide an opinion?

Thank you in advance for reading my post!

Attachments

• Lease question.jpg
    Lease question.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 23

tikana

i wouldnt do it

you have weak saturn ruling 1st and 2nd money
moon is very far from any aspects moon being cardealership .. they may not like this trade to begin with.

saturn L2nd worries me more because it shows you may not be able to afford it

wca

hey! loved your question. let's dive right in.

I have to admit, I have no idea how to interpret this chart. I am used to looking at career horary but this is new territory for me.

I appreciated this chart because it answers a question I've never personally received. so we're both in new territory together. :)

Some background info. I have a lease that goes another year on a 2012 model car. My mileage is really low so I figured I could get a good deal if I trade it in for a new lease. The reason I want a new lease is that my driving is all city driving and while this car gets great highway mileage, it is awful under city driving conditions. I wanted to get a smaller, more fuel efficient car (Toyota or Honda.) I'd also like to lower my monthly payment a little bit.

man, I feel you. I live in LA. driving city eats up all my gas. I don't have car payments anymore but when I did, I frequently wanted to bash my head against the wall for a bit of peace.

So the question is, should I do it or hold on till the end of the lease next June?

I am thinking a car lease would be represented by the 3rd house. Or maybe the 8th house because it is a lease?

well, step back and take a look at what you're asking. you're asking if you should stay in the current situation you're in, or get yourself into a new situation. that's essentially a 4th/7th house matter, 4th house representing the ground literally under your feet (your current lease) and the 7th house representing the potential destination (a potential new lease). this is generally something you use more for "should I stay or should I go?" but your question boils down to the same basic premise.

my friends have suggested using a buy/sell scenario.. worth some investigation on that route if anyone's interesting in taking that up. (would still come to the same conclusion, though.)

Regardless, I am Capricorn ruled by Saturn (of course. Let's get the most difficult planet to represent me.)

that you are. stationing direct in Scorpio, on the cusp of the 11th, receiving a trine from Mercury. Mercury is critical here because he 1) naturally rules contracts such as leases, but 2) is positioned in the 7th house, which we've already identified is the house to associate with a new lease and/or lender. notice Mercury is in the sign of Saturn's detriment. we'll get back to that, but that's pretty important.

I am trying to be very practical about this as the only reason I am doing this is to get better mileage and a lower lease payment.

again, I respect your interests. and of course economical considerations are front of mind! you're represented by Saturn!

If we use the third house, Pisces is on the cusp and Neptune rules. Or is it Jupiter since most astrologers ignore the outer planets?

definitely Jupiter. here's a link to walk you through why that is: Traditional Sign-rulerships (from Skyscript, written by Deborah Houlding).

Neptune is in it's home sign in the 2nd house so this seems right to me. I am basing this decision solely on financial considerations. Neptune will eventually trine Saturn, another good omen.

any other planet aspecting a primary significator (or more correctly, a primary significator aspecting an outer planet) is not a good anything. this is based on ages-old theory about what lies beyond the realm of Saturn. a conversation for another time, but an aspect to your significator from Neptune is not a good thing, trine or otherwise. (granted the orb is too wide to really matter. I'm also aware that you drew attention to this because you were taking Neptune as ruler of Pisces.)

But is the orb too wide to consider this a trine aspect?

as said above, yes.

Looking at Saturn, it is in the 10th house which I am going to assume signifies the importance of this question to me. It is also conjunct the POF. Not sure if this even matters (but it can't hurt, right?) Neptune trines the POF as well. Of course maybe I'm looking at the incorrect houses/ruling planets and I could be way off and this would be a terrible time to get a new lease.

Saturn is in the 10th, yes, but on the cusp of the 11th and lends his influence to that house.

I should have asked a career question. I'd be sitting pretty with Venus in the 6th applying to a trine to Saturn in the 10th, and the POF. Hmm, I am going on some job interviews in the next couple of weeks. Maybe I really subconsciously wanted to ask about that! :biggrin:

I assure you this is actually not a great situation for a career chart, at all. this is conversation for a separate thread or conversation (you can PM me if you like), but I worry if there is danger of losing your current job.

so, from my perspective (and again, my friends look at this different but have a similar end result) your current lease is seen through 4th and L4. ruled by Mars on 10th cusp, in detriment. potential new lease is the Moon, and I would also say Mercury (for reasons mentioned above).

Moon is incredibly void. incredibly. won't contact anyone until she reaches Mars nearly 24º away. Mercury comes to Saturn, but from Saturn's detriment. this is the opposite of reception, where Saturn essentially rejects what Mercury offers. it appears to me that you are unlikely to successfully close a new lease agreement, because a suitable option isn't out there. options that come forward (Mercury) you will reject (Saturn). I can see that your car is depleting your finances from the chart, and I can see it's a source of constant agitation. but I think it's best that you wait until 2015 when the situation will be more clear. the only thing is that I'm not sure how this fits into your financial situation, and the shakiness the chart seems to imply regarding your job.. hm. perhaps you could advise.

best,
wade.

sandyv63

First of all, a huge thank you to you guys for posting replies to my question! I am really learning something here as I've never posted this kind of question (and it shows...)

Well I totally missed the boat on this one, didn't I? 4th and 7th houses. I was waaaaaay off. I already rejected one offer and I wanted to see what a horary chart would have to say about trading my lease in for another before I continued because I knew horary was uniquely suited to answer such a question. After rejecting one option yesterday, I kinda felt like I'd be holding on to this car a while longer, which is fine. I am not in a terrible situation but I did want to see if a better option was available right now. The car isn't killing me financially (payments are decent but gas mileage for city driving - not so much.) As for driving in LA, yeah, been there, done that. I LOVE SOCAL and I so want to move to OC one fine day but it isn't affordable right now.

As for a new job, my current job is horrible. Everyone in my department quit because of predatory narcissistic manager. Yet management continues to protect her. She is a true, full blown narcissist and it seems only her employees are able to see it because like all good narcissists, she manipulates management into getting what she wants and believing everything she tells them. The fact that 3 people quit within 2 weeks and one was fired (leaving me to do all the work because she certainly isn't going to do it) speaks volumes to everyone except upper management. So no, I don't think my job is in jeopardy although there is a lot of instability here due to the mass exodus. Recruiters refuse to send people because of the situation (yes, it is really that bad. Can you imagine recruiters not willing to send candidates?) They are in huge jeopardy of me leaving though. That would be a huge blow to the company because there is literally nobody else who can do the work (the knowledge base has left in the past 2 weeks and I'm it) and as I already mentioned, predatory narcissistic manager (who took the week off to go on vacation when her entire team just quit) feels it is beneath her to do analyst work since she is a "MANAGER" now. Currently if anyone asks for a half a day off, they get a lecture about not leaving the company because management is so worried more will leave. Yeah, that will motivate people to stay...

I have 2 interviews lined up but I am doing it in a way to avoid the lecture. One is a lunchtime interview today and the other is tomorrow after work. Both are with recruiters so these interviews are not for actual jobs just yet, although one recruiter seems anxious to send me out on interviews already. I have another horary chart still in effect for my job situation and the timing for it to turn around for me was end of July-early August so we are in the zone now, so to speak. Besides that other horary, I have multiple things going on in my charts. Off the top of my head, I have a Mars return in the 6th house, T Pluto going over my Virgo stellium (final pass now so progress, I hope. Currently it is trining natal Pluto and will then trine my natal Sun and Venus), Progressed Moon just changed signs, Solar Arc Ascendant about to change signs, SA MC = natal Pluto (this one is about to separate though and I think describes the past 2 years at my current job), and SA MC = natal Sun (applying.) I'm sure there's more but that's what I remember. Looks like lots of change to me and since I've been trying to get out of this current job I am hopeful that a new job is on the horizon.

Anyway, I think I will put the brakes on getting into a new lease and concentrate on getting a new job. Thank you all for your responses! :smile: