Batman Movie Shooting

dr. farr

Sheratan rises in partile longitudinal conjunction with the ascending 4:26 Taurus, in the event chart (outer wheel of the above posted chart) Sheratan (B arietas) is of the nature of Mars+Saturn, and indicates "bodily injuries, destruction, war" (Robson), also "bold and daredevils" (Ebertin) and "indicates danger when acting impulsively" (Ebertin)

...rather appropriate indications...

Peregrine_Moon

The man accused of the shooting has been reported to have been born on December 13, 1987. No time is known, yet, so we need to ignore the houses in the chart:

astro_2gw_02_james_holmes.45046.38907.gif

There's enormous tension in planetary aspects. I'm particularly intrigued by the Mars-Pluto conjunction in Scorpio. Both planets are virtually unaspected, other than their conjunction and a sextile to Neptune. This looks to be someone with enormous anger. While the horoscope is a Mutable-Fire type, Mars and Pluto are the only planets in Fixed houses, increasing their resolution and determination. No planets in Air signs leads me to think that he won't be characterized as quiet or shy for very long. I'm imagining that he may have a considerable presence online somewhere or may have kept an extensive, detailed journal of some kind, perhaps a blog. Those who lack Air always seem compelled to communicate, somehow.

JUPITERASC

.....No planets in Air signs leads me to think that he won't be characterized as quiet or shy for very long. I'm imagining that he may have a considerable presence online somewhere or may have kept an extensive, detailed journal of some kind, perhaps a blog. Those who lack Air always seem compelled to communicate, somehow.
fwiw, IMO Peregrine_Moon, an occurrence providing possible clues is (according to news sources) James Eagan Holmes 24, quiet, shy, brilliant Ph.D student, discovered when he graduated with an Honours neurosciences degree 2010 that the only work available to him was a job working in MacDonalds

THE FOLLOWING 99 WORD EXTRACT IS SOURCED FROM “UCR CHANCELLOR TIMOTHY P. WHITE TALKS TO THE MEDIA”
http://www.mydesert.com/article/20120721/NEWS01/207210322/James-Eagan-Holmes-UC-Riverside-gifted-quiet-?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|s

'....James Eagan Holmes, 24 was a profoundly gifted science scholar who graduated 2010 with top honors at University of California, Riverside. Former classmates/neighbors described him as a shy/private person — at times a “loner.” But noticed no glaring behavior suggesting anything seriously wrong.

“I seem to remember him being somewhat quiet — kind of soft-spoken but not necessarily reclusive,” said David Govea, San Diego software developer who graduated from high school with Eagan in 2006

No Facebook profiles, Twitter accounts or other websites linked directly to Holmes have surfaced to offer even a glimpse into the man's mind....'

Zuri

Here is one astrologer's take on the shooting suspect, using his birthdate (but not the birth time, as it's currently unknown):

"That Uranus is a real wild card here, ready to upset the status quo. Mercury in this combination shows the effect these planets have on his mind. Mercury in Sagittarius has big plans, thinks big thoughts, it believes one can achieve anything one wants.....All these three hinge on those repressed emotions of the Virgo Moon [which the astrologer speculates is his correct Moon sign], which in turn would affect his state of mind."

http://solarisastrology.blogspot.com/2012/07/james-eagan-holmes-astrology-of-aurora.html

claudette

Also that sun, sat, uran stellium is square nodes; and possibly virgo moon conj SN?: Jeff Greene's "skipped step". Oppos chiron: an interest in neuroscience gone horribly wrong?

His venus and uran are out of bounds. natal venus on event MC: 18 cap, transit. sun oppos. New moon 7.18 at 26 cancer oppos. prog. merc 25 cap.

7.12: uran station retro squar orig. nep.
7.14: merc station retro squar natal mars, pluto.

Prog. mars is 29 Scorp: anaretic, unstable.

There's an extensive discussion on astrodienst forum, also.

Peregrine_Moon

This kind of speculation fascinates me, always. In particular, I wonder how someone with no Air managed to express himself before going into that theatre on Thursday night, which is why I still think the authorities will find that this man kept records, a journal, something. I've yet to know someone with no Air signs who didn't feel obsessively compelled to speak, in some way.

The chart certainly seems to show someone who is highly repressed and probably not at all happy about it! Lots of Fire, which is intuitive and imaginative, but so tightly bound that we can almost feel the tension emanating from the tight constellation.

The Mars-Pluto conjunction sextile Neptune is the one that really gives me pause. If it should happen that his birth time was near noon, placing Uranus near the MC as it is in the sample chart, I think the whole thing becomes incendiary. But even without Uranus at the apex, the rage, the secrecy and the calculated quality of Mars conjunct Pluto is a focal point for me.

My daughter has that conjunction. In fact, she's about two and a half weeks older than Mr. Holmes. I don't want to hijack this discussion or turn it into something personal, but my daughter's chart has some striking similarities to Mr. Holmes' and, to me at least, there's much to be learned from the charts of people who were born close in time. (I'm 8 days younger than Madonna, a day older than Tim Burton and a week older than Michael Jackson.) I'm attaching a copy of her chart to this post.

She's brilliant, highly imaginative and creative. The Mars-Pluto conjunction gives her enormous drive in her work and also makes her bloody-minded when she feels angry, confused or hurt. The anger is cold, slow-burning, deep and long-lasting--Scorpio. When she makes up her mind about something, there's no going back. Secrecy is second nature to her. But, unlike Mr. Holmes, my daughter tends to turn her anger, frustration and anxiety inward, on herself, causing depression and for a brief time in her teens when she was under enormous stress, a kind of manic paranoia. She would never be a threat to anyone other than herself. She's the oldest of my three children, but even though their father and I had a very difficult relationship, she's the only one with Sun square Moon. She has no Air; she was a chatterbox from the age of five months, wrote extensively from the age of six, was a major contributor to several online discussions in her teens and also produced a multiple-award-winning podcast for four years in university--a good expression of the Neptune sextile. She's a mechanical engineer and intends to focus on long-distance robotics--like the Mars landers and other exploratory devices. However, she could have become a veterinarian or animal trainer. She always has at least one dog nearby and I think that helps reduce some of her obsessive focus on her work (6th house).

Comparing the charts is interesting, but it inevitably raises the question about what an astrologer might do if their child had Mr. Holmes' chart. How would we raise a child like that, hoping to encourage him in positive ways to deal with the ferocious tensions and constraints he feels within himself?

Attachments

• RBF.gif
    RBF.gif
    62.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

claudette

peregrine moon,

I personally think it's helpful to share insight you have on a chart; especially a person you have observed for a long period of time.

As to your suspicion JH does somehow have written communications, there is web page possibly that is him on Adult Friend Finder, which I guess if for sexual encounters. In his photo there he looks like JH and has dyed red hair.

The commonalities with your daughter are interesting. She doesn't have the tight mars, pluto conj. JH has and with gem and sag on asc and dsc, she has an outlet for all that energy, evidently. Her sun is not conj uranus, which is brilliance that can go either way, IMO. And a stacked 6th house: mars, pluto, merc intercepted in scorp. Does that contribute to her secretiveness, internalizing, do you think? Yet she manages to focus this energy in her work?

With all that drive, perhaps she'll be getting a Nobel Prize on her Saturn Return...

claudette

Did Carelli refer to only saturn at 23 sag in this? moving away from sun or toward uranus? I'm confused.

I specifically asked about this as I have sat and uran conj. in my chart and I don't think I have any objectivity about that as that is the way I have experienced them both all my life-conjunct/combined. I guess that's how I feel about all close conjunctiosn: it's difficult to experience them separately. As an astrologer you can cognitively understand the differences but it seems they are somehow intertwined.

And what a powerfu force; mars and pluto in close conjunction in scorpio. I almost want to shudder. My sat/uranus seem tame, compared to that.

Peregrine_Moon

I don't think it's really possible to experience conjoined planets as separate entities. When conjunct, they merge completely. If they're in opposition, they're on a continuum and need to "flow" together productively. But with a conjunction, that's not possible.

I don't have the Mars-Pluto aspect, but I do have Pluto conjunct my Sun, only 51' away. I don't feel this as two planets, as far as I know. I would say that I don't really feel the Pluto but I know that others experience it: it's basically "hidden" from me, as Pluto is wont to do.

LeoCassandra

Have you seen the James Holmes(shooter) photo. He does look very pleasant,nice. Maybe he's an early Libra ASC. natal moon in 12th house sagittaurius stellium in 3rd house. BML in 11th. Transisting Mars in his natal 1st house square T pluto(4th house) and opposition from T uranus(7th House)...maybe

Caro

I think holmes is a virgo asc with moon in the first house. he has those prominent eyes. the recent mars transit triggered something here when conj his moon.

I though it might be interesting to look at Christian Bale's(Batman actor) chart. I think again time is not correct. he had transit of mars conj natal pluto the day of this event.
he is known to be quite a volatile character himself. He also has a pluto square pluto transit. His saturn is on the south note is conj gemini.28 degrees . transit of saturn in uranus is close to his natal uranus at 27 degrees libra.
http://www.astrotheme.com/astrology/Christian_Bale

There do appear to be some links with Holmes chart.

(I not detaching from the awfulness of this event by the way - its is dreadful)

paneagle7

A proof of SOL ASTROLOGY (60TH HARMONIC SOLAR SYSTEM)

The Sol of the evening of MovieKilling event was 26 Scorpio at 0:30am
The (terrible) saga of a scorpio sol event.

Please Note; James Holmes was born with either Libra or Scorpio Sol. PM evening birth would be SCORPIO 60th harmonic of the Sun.
The chart of shooting event has 8th house cusp near 28 degree of Scorpio. The Sol (60th harmonic) of Node was 12 sagittarius and Sol Mars at 10 Sagittarius. These were in the 8th house during the event. PLuto was at sol 15 virgo conjunct the moon at 15 capricorn at 12:15am. This coincided with the time Holmes was preparing his weapons and dark suit.
The sol moon was in capricorn during the entire hour of the preparation and shootings. It was conjunct the neptune in Capricorn of Holmes.
and in the 9th house of the shootings, the sagittarius house, where Holmes was most active.

As the Sol continued into Sagittarius that early morning, and Gemini rises, and Sagittarius set, the sol joined the node and mars as J. Holmes was being transferred into custody and jail. From this he will never get out.
This event chart is the chart for the events of the rest of his life. His old self has been killed with his victims. He will never have the sagittarian freedom in this life again.

On the MOVIE of Life and hollywood manias; They say Morons are those low IQ who do not know what to do. Idiots are those who know better, and still do wrong. This one is Idiot somnabulent, who let himself be seduced by some dark entity or agenda, like those inspired by the dark knight story. They walk in urge to violence/hate, or lack of love/negatively. The urge for movie money urges the sensationalistic media. Negative fantasm is easy to promote. The music of recent (30) times is filled with the same mania. The sociopathic killers like manson or holmes fell to its insidious mental grasp. This was a conscious act, planned with an agenda, and yet, at some level, the real player hidden underneath, has not been seen or recognized. Yes, we could say it is the devil, but one may also suggest it is something less broad, another agent perhaps, and for what its worth, it doesnt really matter. What matters is karma, and being released from it, and those who learn this, are wise indeed.

We can express Soul, our true self, in any number of ways. The sol of a sign can be for good, or ill, even scorpio. Sol Scorpio is the wealthy Prabhu aka the dragon, or serpent, and also the doctor healer, aligned to Ohiuchcus. (See the celestial zodiac, solastrology.blogspot)

We are in charge of how our signs or lives are expressed, and how we use consciousness, and even how we use astrology systems. Find your way, by finding the high road, the best way, the good soul in each. Scorpio soul like Ophra Winfrey, Selma Hayek, or Bob Dylan are examples. They can be creative, wealthy, passionate, supportive, but do not have to be negative.

To James Holmes; You've not lost your soul, but being darkened is to lose its light. The laws of karma exist to enforce such illegal actions against soul, and human beings, and these victims although also living souls, that have moved on, will also know what you have done to them, in soul's long memory, where all things are never forgotten. The living must live on, but we should never want to live in karmic hell, which you have found.

Last edited:

paneagle7

I suggest you draw a chart for late PM hours when the sol was in scorpio for James Holmes birth date, perhaps with a virgo rising like 10Pm, when he would have completed his bomb preps at his apartment, and begun to drive to the theatre, ready to do his plan.

Scorpio seems more in alignment with his inner nature. But as saturn was at 23 libra, it seems possible the libra sol degree of that birth in afternoon would be aligned with saturn, also possible with mars in libra as well. However, my choice is the scorpio pm which aligned so much with the event chart.

paneagle7

I think holmes is a virgo asc with moon in the first house.

(I not detaching from the awfulness of this event by the way - it's is dreadful)

I agree with possible PM birth, as scorpio sol would be in evening PM hours and he would be aligned to cusp degree of 8th house of event, and to the sol degree of that evening at 26 scorpio as well. Sol degree is the 60th harmonic.

claudette

Nikolaos,

That's fascinating: that degree of sag being a Chironic gateway of healing through trauma. So, who or what could be healed through this experience? The gunman, the victims and their families, our nation with its dangerous policy of anonymous, un-regulated purchases of guns and ammunition through the internet and gun shows? The spirit of a country that is already experiencing violent crimes in its cities and even small communities? Much needs to be healed.

Caro,

Very interesting connections with Bale's chart. I've often wondered if actors ever question the influence their violent roles play. T. mars conj his pluto-I guess it got his attention. Also his saturn and SN conj JH n. Chiron, so it ties in with his mutable cross. I just realized Chiron in gem is JH's ONLY air, oppos that sag stellium. Amazing. The image I just got was of a gernade.

Cassandraleo,

BML? I'm stumped! Maybe libra asc, but JH is 6'2". Do you associate that with tall stature? I guess heighth can come with a number of asc signs.

That n. mars, pluto is sextile Nep but semi-square SN and possibly moon in virgo, sesquiquadrate NN and semi-square uran; so very complex.

And when T.moon and Retro merc co-joined at 11 leo at the shooting, they triggered that configuration, as well as adding more fuel: square n. mars, pluto, sesquiquadrate uran, semi-square SN moon, sesquiquadrate NN.

One thing that fascinates me is how hundreds of people can be born with almost identical charts; yet most live relatively, at least, "normal" lives. There must have been dozens of births in San Diego near that time. All of them have a similar chart, including the sag stellium in trine to retrograde jup in aries. Did that retro jup somehow skew or stifle all that sag? Frankly, I cannot even imagine having 4 of any planets in less than 10 degree conjunction-that just sounds like a maelstorm to me. It certainly sounds as though he was in that mode when he planned and executed this horrendous act.

It will be interesting to see if this event provokes a discussion in the presidential campaign.

LeoCassandra

Cassandraleo,

BML? I'm stumped! Maybe libra asc, but JH is 6'2". Do you associate that with tall stature? I guess heighth can come with a number of asc signs.
It was only my guess.First thing thaht came to my mind when i saw his photo was "nice", 'good boy',happy.
Im 5'8-5'9 and Im Libra ASC
One of my friends is 5'10 a she is Libra rising too
Courtney Love Libra ASC and she is at least 5'9
BML-Black Moon Lilith