Question for Wilsontc

L

Lissy

Hello there,
I have been devouring your site again and apologise for contacting you on here but could not see how to contact you on there.

Please would you have a look at my daughters chart:
Born 30-December 1998 at 1.31pm, Stevenage - England

From your site I would deduce that she has most of her planets in the top half of the chart and that she would be fairly extrovert. However, she is extremely introvert and also has terrible problems expressing her emotions. I believe from my interpretations that she has Gemini Asc as well as Gemini Moon which I also thought was an extrovert placing so this does confuse me somewhat.

I will agree though that she is very restless and never sticks at anything which are Gemini traits. We have yet to find an activity she will stick at for more than two weeks, having already tried ballet, disco dancing, football and gymnastics.

I would appreciate your opinion on this.

Thanks
Lissy

A

Anonymous

About children's charts

Lissy,

Thank you for your comments. The content on my site is focused more on the adult who wants to understand how best to use their energies. However, children, in general, are just discovering their own energies and, as a result, have very little control over how their energies occur. As a result, the powerful challenges of the energy are what they directly experience. So Mars frequently becomes "anger", Saturn becomes "restriction", Uranus becomes "rebellion", Neptune becomes "confusion" and Pluto becomes "Power". Children who have yet to learn HOW to use their energy simply express their energy in the most direct way they can...you can imagine how this would work with a child with Mars (anger) conjunct (energy is combined with) Pluto (power)!

In the case of your daughter, she has Neptune (confusion) conjunct (energy is combined with) Midheaven (outer world). So, while her energy is to be out and about in the outer world, she may get confused about what to DO out there, and so may at times retreat from the outer world, although she is later "drawn out" into it by her own energy. More importantly, your daughter right now has transiting (planets in the sky) Saturn (restriction) conjuncting (energy is combined with) Nadir (inner world), so she feels inwardly restricted. When transiting Saturn conjuncts the Nadir it is a time when the person "goes inward" and may retreat from the world, as they try to structure (Saturn) their own inner world. It also can be a time of sadness, reclusiveness, etc. For a child this can be a very challenging time because there is a feeling of "inner restrictions" WITHOUT an "outer reason"...if asked "What's the matter?" "I just feel sad" might be a typical response for a child with this transit. ALSO transiting Saturn is squaring (energy needs to be combined with) birth Saturn. These transits will be over around this time next year, so she should feel better at that time. AND, when Saturn (structuring) is moving from the Nadir to the Descendant is a time when a person begins "structuring" their life, so she might be more inclined to be more disciplined about her interests at this time.

One of the thing that fascinates me about astrology is that it is a "window" into someone else...but it is ONLY a window, we can not know ourselves how that other person sees the world. It is likely that your daughter, when she gets older and gets more control of her energies will very much see herself as an "outside" person, who always wants to be outside doing something. In fact, just in telling me that she has been involved with "ballet, disco dancing, football and gymnastics" tells me that she is VERY much an "outside person". All of the things you describe are social activities and, yes, with Gemini (social learning) modifying the Ascendant (self), she may be involved in many different social activities as a way of learning more about herself and the world.

Wishing you and your daughter much happy social learning,

Tim

A

Anonymous

Thanks for visiting my astrological web site!

Lissy,

Let me restate the first sentence of my reply:

Thank you very much for your interest in my astrological web site! I am pleased that it has been of use to you and (hopefully) of use to your understanding of your daughter, although, as mentioned previously, it may be more challenging to use it for your daughter. It sounds as if you have gotten as far as step 3 in the 6 step approach to learning astrological chart interpretation. I urge you to complete all 6 steps in their entirety, particularly steps 5 and 6, as these explain how the divisions of the astrological chart work and how all the "parts" of the astrological chart interrelate with each other. It may take a awhile to fully understand how to analyze a chart, but with the completion of all of steps 5 and 6, all the pieces of basic astrology should come together.

Trying to help,

Tim

L

Lissy

Thank you for that explanation Wilson, which I must say fits very well. I expect that we all have to develop each part of our personality and some things will happen before others. I can really relate to her wanting to be more social but doesn't know 'what to do'.
I have read in one of my books that we tend to express our Moon sign more when we are young. Is this something you would agree with?

Just going to reread your tutorial again. I know this is to do with houses, but not quite got to grips with it yet.

Thanks again for you help.

Lissy

A

Anonymous

About the houses in life

Lissy,

As long as we are talking about our evolving awareness of the birth chart, let me take the opportunity to talk about the houses in life-evolutionary way, in which each house represents one necessary stage of our life.

So, we come into this world with little more than an awareness of BEING, knowing only that we exist (1rst house). Later we develop an awareness that we have a PHYSICAL body with physical needs and urges (2nd house). From that point we become "aware of being aware" and realize that we are THINKING (3rd house) and have the capability to think about who and what we are. Eventually all these three things (being, physical, and thinking) and we are "born" (not the physical birth, but an "awareness" kind of birth) into full awareness in our new "HOME" (4th house).

From this awareness of HOME comes our sense of being "at home" with ourselves. The more "at home" we become the more aware we become that we have a unique and special way of SELF-EXPRESSION (5th house). We enjoy our self-expression, but are continually reminded that there are so many things we have to work on and practice in order to be the best we can be. It takes continual DAILY WORK on ourselves and our self-expression for us to become truly "at home" with who we are. Eventually we take all these three things (home, self-expression, and daily work) and go out in the world to make RELATIONSHIPS (7th house) with other people.

These RELATIONSHIPS are the result of a growing awareness that there is a world outside of ourselves, that there are other people with whom we must learn to interact with in order to fully live our life. The result of this continual interaction with others is a TRANSFORMATION (8th house) in ourselves. However, in order for the transformation to be substantial, it is necessary that we have EXPANSION in our relationships so we blend and transform with many other people. Eventually we take all these three things (relationships, transformation, and expansion) and learn that we have a personal DUTY to the outside world.

The world expects certain things of us and, in order for us to perform with full strength in the world we need to understand what our DUTY is. An awareness of duty and responsiblity leads to our structuring our daily life, following a career path, and creating a "certainty" about who we are and what we have to do. But life changes and we need to change with it, so we branch out our relationships to get as many FRIENDS as we can to help us cope with the challenges of life. These friends lead us to unstructuring from some of the outworn structures in our life and in restructuring our life in a new way, which opens us up to more opportunities in the world. This structuring and unstructuring process continues until everything is unstructured and the world simply dissolves away as we realize our SPIRITUALITY in our interconnection with everything. This spiritual dissolving is the final stage in our life, when we truly relate with everything and everything relates with us.

And, if you are a believer in reincarnation, you would say that eventually, after death we take all these three things (duty, friends, and spirituality) and use our awareness of these things for deciding what we need to be doing in our next life.

This is a LONG way around to explain the "Moon" comment ;-) , but hopefully it makes a little more sense now. Since we as children are "born" into fulll awareness of ourselves in the 4th house of home (which sign is Cancer and planet is Moon), we tend to be more "in touch" with our Cancer/Moon/4th house energy/focuses), which form the basis of our child-world. And, in following the planets who rule the houses described in the "pre-relationship" time they are: Mars (1rst house), Venus (2nd house), Mercury (3rd and 6th house), Moon (4th house), and Sun (self-expression). We could say that all of childhood is a way of getting us into understanding how to "relate" (7th house) to the world. The houses AFTER the 7th house are the houses where the "adult" energies are most strongly indicated. As mentioned, most children have challenges in effectively accessing the energies beyond the 7th house in their early years.

From child to adult,

Tim