Is he happy with his girlfriend?

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
Thank you for your openness and input. :)

(How do I do individual quotes? I've tried to do this, but it's not coming through when I preview it.)

I got Neptune as his significant other by classing her into the 5th house (Pisces cusp) - house of lovers/romance, etc.

Ahh I didn't know that semi-sextile wasn't used in Horary. I've been reading an older Astrology book and the author made a remark about not forgetting minor aspects, so this has been imprinted in my mind. :cool:
Good to know Astrologers are still open to minor aspects in Horary Astrology.

I was referring to Saturn in general, though I see now that it's linked to the 4th house, which may amplify relationship glue.

I've felt a bit confused about how the planets move through a chart.
What you said makes sense though, thank you. :)
Okay scratch -- while Mars approaches the threesome taking place on the IC. --
I assumed that the planets slowly moved <--.
If I'm seeing this correctly, Mars is then moving towards Neptune (the wife), which could point to how they eventually got married... (I want to put the ~thinking emoji here, but this will do) :-o

Sweet, cluster will be added to my Astrology vocabulary. :biggrin:

<<What about moon squaring pluto and Jupiter?
Surely this doesn't promise a happy ending, or does it?>>

Hmmm. With Moon square Jupiter: I've read that affliction between benefic planets still produces a positive outcome - in this case, if we're just considering the moon as a benefic in general, and ignoring it being in Aries. I see that it was Waning, but maybe because it's aspecting a benefic (Jupiter), the malefic nature of a Waning Moon is neutralized?
With the Moon square Pluto, I'd definitely find this indicative of an ~unhappy relationship, but I sense that because it's separating from the square, the effect of the square was left in the past. Perhaps this had something to do with family getting in the way of the relationship since the Moon is in the 7th and Pluto is conjunct the IC.

<<I've just noticed that sun (the male figure of the chart) is in the degree of the nodes.
And North Node is in the 9th of legal matters (which is what a marriage is, a legal contract).>>

Nice find!! :biggrin:
And then Venus and Mercury are sitting close to the North Node too.

Thank you again!

ElenaJ

(How do I do individual quotes? I've tried to do this, but it's not coming through when I preview it.)

Click the "quote" button rather than QR, and the text in whatever box you've clicked will appear in your reply box. When you write, you can interpose your reply between the quoted text. If you then put your text in either bold or italic it will differentiate it from the base text. See if that will work for you.

I got Neptune as his significant other by classing her into the 5th house (Pisces cusp) - house of lovers/romance, etc.

That's especially interesting, because the ruler of the 7th, mars, is near the cusp of the 5th, which could show his interest in her. She then also has Jupiter as co-significator, which becomes significant because Jupiter receives the square from moon in the 7th.

Ahh I didn't know that semi-sextile wasn't used in Horary. I've been reading an older Astrology book Who is the author? and the author made a remark about not forgetting minor aspects, so this has been imprinted in my mind. :cool:
Good to know Astrologers are still open to minor aspects in Horary Astrology.

Not all are. Just as not all use the outer planets.

I was referring to Saturn in general, though I see now that it's linked to the 4th house, which may amplify relationship glue.

If I'm seeing this correctly, Mars is then moving towards Neptune (the wife), which could point to how they eventually got married... (I want to put the ~thinking emoji here, but this will do) :-o

Yes, mars will eventually conjunct Neptune, bringing them together.

Sweet, cluster will be added to my Astrology vocabulary. :biggrin:

<<What about moon squaring pluto and Jupiter?
Surely this doesn't promise a happy ending, or does it?>>

Hmmm. With Moon square Jupiter: I've read that affliction between benefic planets still produces a positive outcome - in this case, if we're just considering the moon as a benefic in general, and ignoring it being in Aries. I see that it was Waning, but maybe because it's aspecting a benefic (Jupiter), the malefic nature of a Waning Moon is neutralized?

Yes, there could still be a positive outcome, but we would need to see something that links them, there is no reception at all between them. Jupiter as a major benefic does help to tone down any negative energy.
A waning moon isn't necessarily "malefic", it is just losing energy.

With the Moon square Pluto, I'd definitely find this indicative of an ~unhappy relationship, but I sense that because it's separating from the square, the effect of the square was left in the past. Perhaps this had something to do with family getting in the way of the relationship since the Moon is in the 7th and Pluto is conjunct the IC.

The 4th is the house of endings. This could possibly refer to the abrupt closing of his relationship with our querent, Scahm.

<<I've just noticed that sun (the male figure of the chart) is in the degree of the nodes.
And North Node is in the 9th of legal matters (which is what a marriage is, a legal contract).>>

Nice find!! :biggrin:
And then Venus and Mercury are sitting close to the North Node too.

Actually aspects to the nodes have to be very tight to have effect, and these are quite wide. they don't hurt but they aren't really very helpful.
Keep in mind, Venus is the significator of the querent/ascendent, separating from a square to Neptune in the 5th.

Thank you again!

Remove the last "quote" of the copied text to leave the text body open. If you don't you will have an alert that says your message is too short to post!
Thank you for the insight and exchange!

uranianplutonian

Account Closed

Click the "quote" button rather than QR, and the text in whatever box you've clicked will appear in your reply box. When you write, you can interpose your reply between the quoted text. If you then put your text in either bold or italic it will differentiate it from the base text. See if that will work for you.

Perfect. I believe I've figured it out.
Thank you!! :joyful:

That's especially interesting, because the ruler of the 7th, mars, is near the cusp of the 5th, which could show his interest in her. She then also has Jupiter as co-significator, which becomes significant because Jupiter receives the square from moon in the 7th.

Right! Mars and Neptune stood out to me immediately.
How did you get Jupiter as the co-significator? I'm only really familiar with the Moon as the co-significator for the querent, but I'd love to know how other co-significators are found.

Also, the author is C. AQ; Libra. The book title: Astrology Its Technics and Ethics, published in February 1917. I believe the original text was translated from Dutch.
Let me find the part about the minor aspects...
I can't find this specific mention at the moment, so now I'm wondering if it was this author that mentioned it, or another. Either way, he goes into nice detail about the minor aspects and gives an interesting perspective on how they play out/why we were born with them. E.g., "The Semi-Sextile represents the tendency of character which has developed, but which has not yet become a characteristic because it is not yet hardened in the purifying fire of trial. This aspect is expressed more as contemplation than as action. Only with very progressive natures it can transpose itself already in harmonious action, because here the purifying fire of the next aspect has already worked." (Libra, 1917, p. 80-81)
If I do find the remark I'm thinking of, I will paste it in here. :innocent: If I don't, then it was from another author with a similar blunt and sarcastic tone.
I highly recommend this book. It's about 260 pages, quite dense, doesn't beat around the bush, and every bit of information in it is of great value (imo). I think it might be one of those books that require more effort than usual to acquire. I was fortunate enough to find it (or it found me) at a used bookstore. :joyful:

This is what I love about Astrology. It has ~rules, yet it seems the rules aren't absolute in terms of arriving at an accurate prediction, delineation, etc.

Yes, mars will eventually conjunct Neptune, bringing them together.

Thank you for the validation! It's good to know I'm on the right track.

Yes, there could still be a positive outcome, but we would need to see something that links them, there is no reception at all between them. Jupiter as a major benefic does help to tone down any negative energy.
A waning moon isn't necessarily "malefic", it is just losing energy.

I wonder if the querent will be keeping tabs on the relationship so we can find the connection. Probably not... But, this would be really good research.

The 4th is the house of endings. This could possibly refer to the abrupt closing of his relationship with our querent, Scahm.

Interesting. Saturn, the ruler of the 4th, does make a semi-square with Mercury, and then Mercury is applying to a conjunction with Venus (the querent). Maybe this shows the querent's final ending, with Mars moving away from Saturn/ruler of the house of endings in this case.
Oh and then I'm seeing Mars applying to a sextile with Uranus, which is in the 7th house. Perhaps this shows a good change for Mars - I think maybe you alluded to this without these exact words? (It feels weird to use the word 'good' here because I don't want to imply that the querent was/is any less ~good.)

Actually aspects to the nodes have to be very tight to have effect, and these are quite wide. they don't hurt but they aren't really very helpful.
Keep in mind, Venus is the significator of the querent/ascendent, separating from a square to Neptune in the 5th.

Thank you for informing me on the orb allowance of the Nodes!

Remove the last "quote" of the copied text to leave the text body open. If you don't you will have an alert that says your message is too short to post!
Thank you for the insight and exchange!

Merci!! Et toi de même !

ElenaJ

How did you get Jupiter as the co-significator? I'm only really familiar with the Moon as the co-significator for the querent, but I'd love to know how other co-significators are found.

Jupiter is co-ruler of the sign on the 5th cusp, pisces.

Also, the author is C. AQ; Libra. The book title: Astrology Its Technics and Ethics, published in February 1917. I believe the original text was translated from Dutch.

C. AQ is a name?

"The Semi-Sextile represents the tendency of character which has developed, but which has not yet become a characteristic because it is not yet hardened in the purifying fire of trial. This aspect is expressed more as contemplation than as action. Only with very progressive natures it can transpose itself already in harmonious action, because here the purifying fire of the next aspect has already worked." (Libra, 1917, p. 80-81)

Careful about context here. In natal charts semi-sextile is very appropriate, it just isn't normally used in horary.

This is what I love about Astrology. It has ~rules, yet it seems the rules aren't absolute in terms of arriving at an accurate prediction, delineation, etc.

Actually, to be fair, they are two "schools" of thought, rather than bending the rules.

I wonder if the querent will be keeping tabs on the relationship so we can find the connection. Probably not... But, this would be really good research.

Scahm usually does update.

Interesting. Saturn, the ruler of the 4th, does make a semi-square with Mercury,

Another aspect not considered in horary...Unless it is just backing up other aspect energies taking place in the chart.

Oh and then I'm seeing Mars applying to a sextile with Uranus, which is in the 7th house. Perhaps this shows a good change for Mars - I think maybe you alluded to this without these exact words? (It feels weird to use the word 'good' here because I don't want to imply that the querent was/is any less ~good.)

Mars as the quesited, ruler of the 7th, approaches the sextile, easy aspect, with Uranus in the 7th, which I interpreted as a move towards freedom, especially because Uranus is co-significator of the 4th of endings.
A bit of a puzzling aspect.

It would be interesting if scahm were able to post a chart for the marriage!

ElenaJ

Found the book online!
It is written by P. Dz. Veen, Amersfort, Netherlands.
So it was translated into English from the Dutch, as you wrote.
I have several books from the early 1900's and find them extremely helpful.
It was a period of study and research, before the idea of "bending all the rules" was introduced.
I've actually ordered it, so thank you.

scahm

Thanks all for your interesting inputs on the chart. I'm curious, would Neptune being the significator for his wife have any implications of illusions/delusions, in the same way some use the Sun as male co-significator to represent how attracted he may be to you?

The point about family getting in the way is interesting - I don't know the details of his relationship but I'm inclined to think his wife's family would have pressured them into marriage - he claimed to never really believe in marriage when we were together.

ElenaJ

I'm curious, would Neptune being the significator for his wife have any implications of illusions/delusions,

As a significator not necessarily. It could be a sensitive, idealist. Or romanticist. Or nurse.

uranianplutonian

Account Closed

Jupiter is co-ruler of the sign on the 5th cusp, pisces.

Ahh, this is so helpful. Thank you for reminding me of this. I forgot that Neptune is a new ruler of Pisces.

C. AQ is a name?

I'll attach a photo of one of the pages where it shows names under the title. It seems (to me) like it's by C. AQ Libra and published by P. Dz Veen, in Amersfoort, Netherlands. The name does seem quite different.

Careful about context here. In natal charts semi-sextile is very appropriate, it just isn't normally used in horary.

I shall keep this in mind!

Scahm usually does update.

Parfait. :joyful:

Mars as the quesited, ruler of the 7th, approaches the sextile, easy aspect, with Uranus in the 7th, which I interpreted as a move towards freedom, especially because Uranus is co-significator of the 4th of endings.
A bit of a puzzling aspect.

Oh I'm also seeing how Uranus in the 7th house is separating from a semi-square with Venus in the 11th house (the querent). So perhaps the applying sextile between Mars and Uranus indicates an easy ending between the querent and Mars, the quesited.

It would be interesting if scahm were able to post a chart for the marriage!

This would be very interesting!

Attachments

• IMG_8533 JPEG-min.jpg
    IMG_8533 JPEG-min.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

uranianplutonian

Account Closed
Found the book online!
It is written by P. Dz. Veen, Amersfort, Netherlands.
So it was translated into English from the Dutch, as you wrote.
I have several books from the early 1900's and find them extremely helpful.
It was a period of study and research, before the idea of "bending all the rules" was introduced.
I've actually ordered it, so thank you.

This is good to hear! I'd love to know your thoughts once you've read it. I'm on the last page now. I'd say it's a wonderful foundation for a beginner, and valuable for intermediate and expert astrologers to reflect on. I try to stick to Astrology books published before 1980. I feel like the research is more thorough and primary before the internet, which in my opinion, provides more of a stable foundation to build on.

Also, I attached a photo of the ~inner front page with the author name, publisher, etc. I believe P. Dz. Veen is the publisher. C. AQ. Libra seems like an anglicized alias to me.