Where's the Earth in the astrology chart?

AppLeo

I mean I guess we don't put Earth down cuz when we cast a chart it's on Earth.

But I guess Earth doesn't matter because we are Earth-bound beings, so Earth energy in the chart is already there.

But can Earth be in a zodiac sign? I guess it's only possible if you view Earth from another planet, like Mars.

If you casted a chart on Mars, then Mars wouldn't matter in the chart because everyone born on mars would be martian. But then Earth in your chart would play a key role because it becomes visible through the zodiac.

conspiracy theorist

Re: Where's Earth in the astrology chart?

Astrology that is usually practiced is geocentric, which means that the horoscope is plotted from the vantage point of Earth.

If you want to explore Earth as an astrological planet, you can check out heliocentrism http://www.magiastrology.com/fin_astro/heliocentriclesson1.html

Apparently the Earth is always in opposition to the Sun, so that you who has a Leo Sun, has an "Aquarius Earth". Instead of Appleo, under heliocentric astrology you would be called AptQuarius.

AppLeo

Astrology that is usually practiced is geocentric, which means that the horoscope is plotted from the vantage point of Earth.

If you want to explore Earth as an astrological planet, you can check out heliocentrism http://www.magiastrology.com/fin_astro/heliocentriclesson1.html

Apparently the Earth is always in opposition to the Sun, so that you who has a Leo Sun, has an "Aquarius Earth". Instead of Appleo, under heliocentric astrology you would be called AptQuarius.

Wow, that's really interesting. No Moon, or Sun sign, or rising or midheaven! If you were born on Jupiter, you'd have like what, 10 moon signs? Jesus.

I have an Aquarius Earth woot!

Wait, under the heliocentric system, planets never go retrograde then do they? Naww they don't. We should all live on the Sun.

CapAquaPis

Supposedly, the Earth in a sign is opposite of the Sun, which makes sense to go by in heliocentric astrology.

The months when the Earth is in a given zodiac sign: July-Cap, Aug-Aqu, Sep-Pis, Oct-Ari, Nov-Tau, Dec-Gem, Jan-Can, Feb-Leo, Mar-Vir, Apr-Lib, May-Sco and Jun-Sag.

According to heliocentric charts, I'm a Leo - the Lion, King and Sun - the star is not an important factor in this version of astrology.

katydid

My teacher used to say that the Earth was represented by the VERTEX in one's chart:

The Vertex is a point located in the western hemisphere of a chart (the right-hand side) that represents the intersection of the ecliptic and the prime vertical. In astrology, it is considered an auxiliary Descendant. The Anti-Vertex is the point that is exactly opposite the Vertex. Some astrologers refer to the Vertex as the “third angle” of a chart.

The ecliptic is an imaginary line on the sky that marks the annual path of the sun. It is the projection of Earth's orbit onto the celestial sphere. ... Besides define the path of the sun, the ecliptic marks the line along which eclipses occur, the moon and planets and asteroids wander, the Zodiac constellations live.

In astronomy and astrology, the prime vertical is the vertical circle passing east and west through the zenith of a specific location, and intersecting the horizon in its east and west points.

greybeard

Earth is at the center of the chart...we are smackdab in the middle of Heaven right now and dont even know it.

The horoscopic chart is a 2 dimensional representation of a 4 dimensional universe. Time is shown by positions of planets and points while spherical space is represented by a circle. Earth sits at the intersection of meridian and horizon at the center of the circle. It shows our perspective or point of view...at the center of the universe.

At the end of the day the horoscope shows YOU and after all you are the center of the universe.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Earth is at the center of the chart...we are smackdab in the middle of Heaven right now and dont even know it.

The horoscopic chart is a 2 dimensional representation of a 4 dimensional universe. Time is shown by positions of planets and points while spherical space is represented by a circle. Earth sits at the intersection of meridian and horizon at the center of the circle. It shows our perspective or point of view...at the center of the universe.

At the end of the day the horoscope shows YOU and after all you are the center of the universe.

As I live and breathe, greybeard...what a pleasure to see you and your viewpoint here.
I hope do this finds you well!

Virinchi

Sign rising on east direction is your Asc and sign on west in Dsc.
10th H is on your head (sky), 4th H is below you.
You (on earth) do not exist in any sign of a horoscope. That horoscope and planets are with reference to your position