Help me choose a Wedding Date!

Opal

Premium Member
I like October 9th. Sun is in Libra, close to the midpoint of both your suns. 17 degrees is in both charts, favourable aspects.

Congratulations!

Opal

Premium Member
I like Capricorn ascendant. Fixed, and easy to fit into your day. Right now, with the state of the world, I recommend, getting married when you get the chance. I wish you luck, whatever day the Cosmos makes available to you!

ElenaJ

Looking at the chart, there is a moon/venus conjunction, very nice, but it is in mutable sagittarius and conjunct south node.
The libra sun is a good isign for marriage, but it is exactly conjunct mars and mercury. Is that really positive?
With a Capricorn ascendent, the significators become moon and Saturn, who apply to sextile, and Saturn is strong in Aquarius. But it also puts pluto in first house.
In NYC Capricorn would be rising about 2pm, which is a convenient hour.
But why do you consider Capricorn fixed?

Opal

Premium Member
Looking at the chart, there is a moon/venus conjunction, very nice, but it is in mutable sagittarius and conjunct south node.
The libra sun is a good isign for marriage, but it is exactly conjunct mars and mercury. Is that really positive?
With a Capricorn ascendent, the significators become moon and Saturn, who apply to sextile, and Saturn is strong in Aquarius. But it also puts pluto in first house.
In NYC Capricorn would be rising about 2pm, which is a convenient hour.
But why do you consider Capricorn fixed?

Ah, I am guessing I was tired. Oops! Thanks for the correction ElenaJ, I have been staying out of everything, Transit Pluto is square my natal Mercury, and soon it’s going to retrograde back. Communication has been challenging, I am just trying to duck and cover.

Thanks! I guess Cardinal rules. Back to my dungeon.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
No worry. It was very kind of you to have a go at the election chart. Not at all easy.

I prefer mundane, but, you know, you see things here and there, right now, I am seriously trying to lay low. Pluto rules pretty heavy in my chart, and Jupiter, but with Pluto right now, I am just trying really hard, not to be called Karen. :biggrin::whistling:

ElenaJ

Why would anyone call you Karen?
Pluto really pushes and pulls until you accept the transformation, doesn't it?

Opal

Premium Member
Pluto is also explosive situations. Not always you either, sometimes towards you. With the Capricorn Pluto transit square to natal Libra Mercury, I have found that communication is affected, especially with Capricorn women, where Pluto is passing through now, and Libra men, where my natal mercury is. Weird eh! That too shall pass, after the retrograde, Pluto goes nowhere fast. Like I said I am ducking and covering.

Petosiris was a Libra. I don’t know if you saw that saga.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

"Not always you either, sometimes towards you"
This is very true. It's basically energy, and it must manifest, one direction or the other.
From you or towards you.

What house do you have mercury in?

Who is Petosiris?

Opal

Premium Member
"Not always you either, sometimes towards you"
This is very true. It's basically energy, and it must manifest, one direction or the other.
From you or towards you.

What house do you have mercury in?

Who is Petosiris?

Mercury in Libra, 11th. Transit Pluto, well, it just left the 2nd house, now in the 3rd, but will retrograde back into the 2nd. The cusp of 2nd to 3rd is at 24.something.

I can usually control myself, but others, not so much🙂!

Yes, the energy will manifest, and cause transformation, but with Pluto it can be, a volatile transition, I am trying to be zen, and accept transition, somewhat, sort of, kinda! 🙂

ElenaJ

Interesting lessons to be learned!
The 11th is friends, so you may be led to change the way you comunicate with friends.
In libra, the sign of partners, pushes the energy in that area.
Not sure where you live or what type of restrictions Covid forces on you, but for many it is effecting friendships, just the fact that you can't mingle at will with who you want, when and where you want. New contacts, like meeting up on zoom, etc, which is very different from going out for a meal in the evening. Just a few examples.
Of course 2nd is self esteem, challenges in that area.
Pluto is transformation. It uproots to replant new. And as you say, the square pushes in a harsh way.
You say, I can usually control myself..... you are touching here on Pluto's realm. Control issues.
Go with the flow is easy to say, not easy to do!
Good luck with it. Remember, it won't last forever.

leomoon

I like October 9th. Sun is in Libra, close to the midpoint of both your suns. 17 degrees is in both charts, favourable aspects.

Congratulations!

October 9th, is my husband's birthday! :love:

Here is my marriage date chart - although at this time in my life (and certainly his), neither of us bothered with astrology, we just "winged it".
So far it's lasted going on 50 years next September. Ironically, it was just him and me and 2 witnesses as I had made a mistake before and had the big hoopla wedding...so this time, just us.
However, we had planned on going to a small little town where you didn't have to wait any period of time after getting a license then. It was about a 2 hr drive to get there. I had no idea when we got there, the courthouse was closed! (no wonder, it was a Saturday) We ended up waiting another week and got married by a Lutheran minister.

"couples from throughout the Northeast flocked to Elkton—the first county seat south of the State line—where they could be married without delay. Independent wedding chapels lined Main Street. In 1936, the town issued 11,791 marriage license "

Apparently accdg. to the Wedding chapel on the photo, many celebrities also came here to be married fast:
https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=154173...936, the town issued 11,791 marriage licenses.

May you also be so lucky as I was! (I thought you might like to see a comparison of a chart not chosen but just let fate take its' course) Yet IF I can been using astrology back then for more of a serious nature then I did - (I was using only the books written by the late Linda Goodman as a guide) :smile:

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
October 9th, is my husband's birthday! :love:

Here is my marriage date chart - although at this time in my life (and certainly his), neither of us bothered with astrology, we just "winged it".
So far it's lasted going on 50 years next September. Ironically, it was just him and me and 2 witnesses as I had made a mistake before and had the big hoopla wedding...so this time, just us.
However, we had planned on going to a small little town where you didn't have to wait any period of time after getting a license then. It was about a 2 hr drive to get there. I had no idea when we got there, the courthouse was closed! (no wonder, it was a Saturday) We ended up waiting another week and got married by a Lutheran minister.

Apparently accdg. to the Wedding chapel on the photo, many celebrities also came here to be married fast:
https://www.hmdb.org/m.asp?m=154173...936, the town issued 11,791 marriage licenses.

May you also be so lucky as I was! (I thought you might like to see a comparison of a chart not chosen but just let fate take its' course) Yet IF I can been using astrology back then for more of a serious nature then I did - (I was using only the books written by the late Linda Goodman as a guide) :smile:

I like fate. There will always be challenges. Conjunction of sun Pluto. Oppositions. You can’t pick everything, and even if you do, there will be challenges.

Yes, sometimes let fate work!

Pick a date that works for you and your families, and que sera, sera. 🙂

That’s funny, I picked his birthday!

leomoon

Opal: You didn't pick up the 12th house "automatic writing"that took place suddenly when we were very young into the marriage. Who would, lol? :happy: I forgot about it too until I just looked.
Chiron in the 4th (lots of difficulties and heartache with adult children)

Hope this lady can find a marriage date that is just perfect!! Wishing them all the luck...

Last edited:

leomoon

Thanks too, for commenting on it.

Thinking of our long life together and especially regards the few years in the beginning,(as mentioned regarding the 12th house) and planets there, we had a spontaneous few events of automatic writing, quite spiritual actually. At the time, I immediately typed up everything he wrote and still have it to this day (and that was in 1973-74-75 era) ...on an old typewriter I had.

That truly was the highlight of our lives (imo) not his I don't think because he never talks or even then remembered any of it. It just happened. Those pages of information guided me thoughout the hard times, and truly sad times, but it helped me stay stronger.
But for me I realized it was fated to be.

As for the 6th house, I think I know how fitting that is too. The 2nd house of finances & assets is ruled by Saturn (my own Sun ruler) and found in the 6th. Since the 6th is service related jobs, for sure, that is what we lived on. Especially after the mid 80s, we entered real estate then, and managed rentals. Not my favorite but we worked together from that point on which I did enjoy until we retired from it altogether and sold what we had after our youngest daughter became ill and later died. Life didn't seem worthy of things such as working any longer so we made do on less and it worked out just fine.

Truly, the 12th, the 6th & 2nd - and sadly, the 4th all fit very well telling the story of our almost half a century. It wasn't all up times, there were many hard times too which Chiron displays although I'd think it should be by rights in the 5th hs....yet either/or.

The 9th too because I have always been one on a special quest for spirituality, and finally understand as he always knew it's within us and not outside.

I wish you happiness in all your endeavors, just starting out. Its a truly happy and blessed time.

I guess there is something which guides us because that chart would not have existed had the original plan worked out in Elkton. :unsure: :wink:

Last edited:

leomoon

So, a very spiritual union, it seems. That is very nice.
Do you partake in spiritual activities together? Do you share similar spiritual ideas and philosophies?

Thank you for the good wishes.

Not really, except for inner work. (i.e. dream interpretation we share and other such Philosophical things I'll share with him. He is agnostic, and doesn't believe in going to any church organized events. I think its a layover from his childhood when his mother had him and his sister going to Sunday Schools when he'd prefer playing ball. That never sat right with him, and he preferred bringing the children up without church attendance. I went along with him although I don't have the same hangups about organized religion he does. He espouses, just being a good person is all we need do.

The spiritual writing was automatic, not forced - so really something to see and be a part of . Much like seeing a UFO up close would be. We have had that pleasure as well.

I have a chart for the UFO event if anyone is interested in them.

leomoon

What about if you open a thread on this? I saw a UFO last year and, I also have the date and time. Time might be off by a few minutes. I would really like to post it in your thread and see what everyone else has to say.

I have no knowledge on interpreting these type of charts but, this experience was out of the ordinary and I am curious.

I'll try to open one and share the url if successful doing so. :alien:

It's HERE:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1105082&posted=1#post1105082

Last edited: