Mercury retrograde 2016 August-September

Julijana

So mercury is going retro in august 30 until september 22. What to expect for people with direct and retro mercury? What about important meatings?

katydid

My husband has Mercury retrograde. He is a writer. Whenever Mercury retrogrades he has GOOD LUCK with his work. When he was self employed, the retrograde cycle helped us squeak through.

I don't know if it works the same way with other retro-Mercury people though.

SapSac

Mercury spends the entirety of its retrograde period in the sign of Virgo. Mercury rules both Virgo and Gemini, in sort of a left-brained/right brained relationship. In my opinion, Mercury seems less comfortable in its Virgo home than in Gemini, mainly because of the more air-oriented aspects of the planet itself (quick thought, travel, music, and the arts). What we get with Mercury in Virgo is the essential grounding of Mercury that happens during its visit to the virgin sign each year. Gemini Mercury fuels incessant human curiosity , while Virgo Mercury puts gathered information to use.

With Mercury going retrograde in Virgo I would expect the classic "communication breakdown" features of a retrograde to effect the Virgo aspects of our lives. Routine, self-awareness, and health are all aspects of virgo that may come under target during this retrograde.

Mercury retrograde gets a lot of social media recognition, and I feel that part of that has to do with the communicative powers of Mercury. The ability to broadcast and voice our opinions is a highly Mercurian task. Mercury retrograde can fluster your thought and cause you to be misunderstood or confusing so putting effort into approaching the way you broadcast your thoughts with clarity is going to be important during the time.

People with intense Virgo influences in their chart may feel this retrograde period more than most. If you find yourself feeling overly insecure or awkward during this time, remember that it may be this Mercury retrograde in Virgo affecting your awareness of self. Virgo can be an extremely volatile sign in terms of self-image and esteem.

Now would be a good moment to reacquaint ourselves with routines that provide us with self-worth, even if it seems cheesy. We may need to dip into our reserves of self-assurance during this retrograde.