Using Planetary Patterns. The Bundle. Harrison Ford

greybeard

With respect to how a sole dispositor works:

Mars is sole dispositor in the chart of Bruce Lee, obviously a warrior. Mars also disposes the chart of Martin Luther, the 16th century priest who fathered the Reformation. Not so obvious, but warrior he was.

david starling

Missed the "sole" part. I do look for the Chart dispositor. Mine bounces around and ends up in Neptune in Libra. Since it's not the sole dispositor, would I have Venus as a co-dispositor?

greybeard

What are the characteristics or qualities typically embodied in the bundle personality?

Shared with the bowl are intensity of character and an incredible self-sufficiency. Accompanying these traits are independence and high self-esteem.

A bundle cannot contain an opposition aspect. Therefore life can be seen only from the point of view of self. Lack of perspective, enclosure in a private world. Highly focused on a limited slice of life.

But here is the key. I quote from Jones; he says it so well:
This type is the "creator or proponent of an exclusive and well-ordered world within which his own immediate competence or superiority may have constant manifestation...."

greybeard

And now the story of a man I know, a bundle type.

He has a small business, his living. But more importantly, he is an ordained minister and runs a little community church. Very well versed on the bible, good knowledge of ancient Greek.... You don't want to get into a biblical argument with him. Here is his "competence or superiority". From the foundation of his church he has built an AA/NA group and other "counseling" activities. In each area of his life -- his business, his church, his alcohol and drug programs -- he is The Chief, the center and Sun of his world. He feels himself to be spiritually superior to others, wiser, "plugged into" the mind of God (ample self-esteem).

greybeard

I don't believe lack of a trine imposes severe handicap and lack of resources. But, then, maybe I wasn't looking and didn't see.

I don't use the quintile much. Lilly did. I should. But I don't. I look elsewhere in the chart for a directive dynamic.

Let each chart talk to you. No reason to force things, try to impose rigid parameters on what is what it is.

greybeard

And to Gemw....

I took Harrison Ford because:

The chart was posted right under my nose. I looked it over and saw some things worth talking about.

I hope you don't feel slighted. After we discuss Ford, you're welcome to post any bundle chart and we'll look it over.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
And to Gemw....

I took Harrison Ford because:

The chart was posted right under my nose. I looked it over and saw some things worth talking about.

I hope you don't feel slighted. After we discuss Ford, you're welcome to post any bundle chart and we'll look it over.

Thanks for this GB. I was gonna say it would be educational to do Katy Perry's chart. For the sole reasons her's is a very tight bundle located in a single quadrant. This is rarer to find. Quite synonymous with the theory behind bundle charts, so we can easily see and demonstrate how everything manifest in real life, without potentially being distracted by conflicting or lesser influences.

Also by memory most of her signs are dispersed in 3 placements - Scorpio, Capricorn and Sagittarius, which adds to the focused nature.

Therese

What are the characteristics or qualities typically embodied in the bundle personality?

Shared with the bowl are intensity of character and an incredible self-sufficiency. Accompanying these traits are independence and high self-esteem.

A bundle cannot contain an opposition aspect. Therefore life can be seen only from the point of view of self. Lack of perspective, enclosure in a private world. Highly focused on a limited slice of life.

But here is the key. I quote from Jones; he says it so well:
This type is the "creator or proponent of an exclusive and well-ordered world within which his own immediate competence or superiority may have constant manifestation...."

It depends on what we mean by perspective. All of us can access the world and others only through ourselves, so an opposition shows how someone needs to perceive another person or what they want/invite from them, etc rather than the actual ability to see people for who they are. Natives with oppositions may or may not get to a point in their life when they recognize their projections and relationship patterns, etc.

Jones also says "While the bundle temperament identifies the most concentrated rather than the broadest spread of self-realization, this does not imply that the native is at all provincial or incapable of a well-rounded development. What is revealed instead is a tendency to self-fulfillment in an unusually selective ordering of his own affairs."

I think the bundle chart explores by full immersion into an experience, which is different from the balancing, one-foot-here-and-one-foot-there approach of the see-saw, for example. But with time, we will go full circle, too, and will have the possibility to immerse into different kinds of experiences (we will have friendships, we will develop skills, we will get married, have kids, and so on). So, like any other native, we too may or may not develop a greater perspective.

I understand that for someone as scientifically minded as Jones this full immersion into experience would translate into competence, but I don't think that even for him this automatically becomes a sense of superiority (he uses "or").

Natives with any kind of chart can develop a superiority complex. Bobby Fischer comes to mind. Maybe the chart pattern rather
shows how it will manifest. I know someone with a see-saw chart and a grand trine in water who thinks she knows everything better than everybody else. She tried to crush several marriages in her family because she decided they were not ideal for each other, she despises anybody who doesn't accept her latest revelations as higher wisdom, etc. She recently made a youtube video in which she gives a solution to all current problems of the world in about 20 minutes and considers herself a spiritual leader (she's in her late thirties). At least your guy has his limits, lol.

Last edited:

david starling

Bobby Fischer has a nearly perfect Mars/Asc opposition by Sign. It's in less than 1 degree of arc of Leo (Asc) and Aquarius (Mars).
Also, Mars in Aquarius is in perfect trine to :uranus: in Gemini.

Last edited:

david starling

In-Sign Grand Trine with less than 1 degree orb, with :uranus: in Gem most elevated of the 3, Neptune in Libra and Mars in Aquarius at the base. Looking forward to the pattern.

Last edited:

greybeard

Most everyone lives with "ego problems"; we go through life thinking "I" am Important, "I" am Special...and that creates all sorts of difficulties.

Ali was the greatest. Fischer (a locomotive) was the greatest. They both earned their bragging rights.

greybeard

Missed the "sole" part. I do look for the Chart dispositor. Mine bounces around and ends up in Neptune in Libra. Since it's not the sole dispositor, would I have Venus as a co-dispositor?

A "Sole Dispositor" MUST be "in domicile". If it doesn't rule itself how can it be "king of kings"?

Disposition (final or sole) means "The buck stops here." In your case, Venus rules Neptune in Libra. But if Venus is not in one of her own houses (signs) her power is diluted -- she is beholden to whoever rules the sign she occupies -- and she cannot be the Last Word (sole or final dispositor).

In Harrison Ford's chart Uranus is leading planet and holds great power over the whole life; Uranus "stands out". But a very powerful Moon is sole dispositor. We have a possible conflict here, a need to serve two gods. It is the astrologer's task to figure out how these two forces will blend (or not) in real life. Challenging; Moon and Uranus are natural enemies.

In my experience the final dispositor works quietly beneath the surface. A leading planet is more "in your face".

Bradley (Chelsea) Manning's chart provides a very interesting study in final disposition. Both Mars and Pluto are in 12th house Scorpio. Mars is sole dispositor of the chart...but is "out of touch" with the other planets (12th house and no aspects). But he directly rules (disposes) Jupiter in Aries, who disposes all else.

So the lord of the chart, the king, rules through a prime minister or grand vizier, Jupiter. Study Jupiter and you will know why Manning revealed all those secrets. Look to Mars, Pluto and Moon in Scorpio 12th to understand the deeper, hidden motivations, what ultimately drives Manning.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
First review. Some analysis points:

1) This bundle is located at the upper hemisphere, with tight points close to the MC. The native’s life is, for the most part, publicly oriented.

2) Pattern wise, the dermacating points of this bundle is the Neptune-Uranus Trine. Greybeard, you said “The trine. Momentum, building on itself continually, effortlessly. Accretion.” Which one is the leading planet here, and which one the ending?

3) If we give a lot of weight to the Neptune-Uranus trine, lets look at the houses. Uranus is in the 9th house of space, intergalactic travels, and Neptune in 12th house of hidden realms, which can signify a lot of things. (Does the 9th rule movies or the 5th?) The Uranus in 9th confers brilliant, novel undertakings in 9th realms (Starwars franchise anyone?) that’s combined with structure and long term development; seen with the conjunction to Saturn (business).

Last edited: