Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 08-10-2017, 11:20 AM

Critical degrees- 29 degree planets

Exactly what does it mean to have planets in those degrees. I've researched a little bit, and it said something about an urge of the planet to embody the sign BEFORE it proceeds to the next sign. But how does it apply to the chart holder?

The reason why I'm curious is because I have two planets in that degree. Neptune and Saturn. Neptune is in 1st house Capricorn and Saturn is in Aries in the 4th house. Plus they're both part of my T-squares.

But yeah, I just wanted to know the general effect of having planets in that degree. If you guys have some experiences and insights, please do share even just a little.

Unread 08-10-2017, 10:21 PM

Re: Critical degrees- 29 degree planets

Quote:
Originally Posted by UraSatVen1029 View Post
Exactly what does it mean to have planets in those degrees. I've researched a little bit, and it said something about an urge of the planet to embody the sign BEFORE it proceeds to the next sign. But how does it apply to the chart holder?

The reason why I'm curious is because I have two planets in that degree. Neptune and Saturn. Neptune is in 1st house Capricorn and Saturn is in Aries in the 4th house. Plus they're both part of my T-squares.

But yeah, I just wanted to know the general effect of having planets in that degree. If you guys have some experiences and insights, please do share even just a little.
I think they don't affect the energy at all, instead you should only consider what fixed stars are conjunct
Unread 08-10-2017, 11:28 PM

Hello UraSatVen,

critical degrees mean high success often. If you can show me your chart, I will tell you more.

Thank you.

Saturn often means real-estate or government or sometimes music. )

Music means business sometimes. )

Have any question?

I am here to help and guide you.

Luna

Last edited by Luna Green; 08-13-2017 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Luna
Unread 08-11-2017, 01:17 AM

Critical degrees mean that planets (or chart or house cusps or Lots) in those degrees might have a special emphasis in the chart, and should be studied in particular in the given chart, to see if in fact that chart factor should be accorded special emphasis in the chart delineation.

Example> Trumps natal ascending degree is in 29 (actually 29:58) degrees of Leo.
Unread 08-11-2017, 02:36 AM

http://imgur.com/a/TFxpQ Would it be okay to see if there is this "emphasis" in my chart?

Hmm, high success? I don't know much successful people having that degrees. Although usually in celebrities, especially the extra famous ones, I see an Aries point in their chart. I consider that high success as well.

And what do you mean by special emphasis? Would this mean that if a planet has that emphasis, it would also affect the chart holder as a whole as well?
Unread 08-11-2017, 03:20 AM

Quote:
http://imgur.com/a/TFxpQ special emphasis? Would this mean that if a planet has that emphasis, it would also affect the chart holder as a whole as well?
Yes, that is my meaning.
Unread 08-11-2017, 03:34 AM

Neptune has a special emphasis, its energies being both in the 1st and 2nd whole sign houses of the chart; Neptune is conjunct a star in the constellation of Aquila, the Eagle, and suggests strong intuitive (even clairvoyant) potentials, keen and penetrating mind, and the possibility for advancement in the area of chemical (or alchemical) research-note that Neptune AND the constellation of Aquila, possess these qualities.

Saturn's energies are both in the 4th and 5th whole sign houses: Saturn is conjunct the star Mirach; on the positive side we find potential for excellent mechanical abilities; we also find here a warning to beware of potentials for misdirected talents and abilities, and to beware of strong passions (since this energy sweeps into the 5th house, this is a warning against too passionate romantic relations, and also against speculations that might be carried away by too great "passion" for quick gains-a warning here also against reckless speculation, or excessive gambling, etc)
Unread 08-12-2017, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
Neptune has a special emphasis, its energies being both in the 1st and 2nd whole sign houses of the chart; Neptune is conjunct a star in the constellation of Aquila, the Eagle, and suggests strong intuitive (even clairvoyant) potentials, keen and penetrating mind, and the possibility for advancement in the area of chemical (or alchemical) research-note that Neptune AND the constellation of Aquila, possess these qualities.

Saturn's energies are both in the 4th and 5th whole sign houses: Saturn is conjunct the star Mirach; on the positive side we find potential for excellent mechanical abilities; we also find here a warning to beware of potentials for misdirected talents and abilities, and to beware of strong passions (since this energy sweeps into the 5th house, this is a warning against too passionate romantic relations, and also against speculations that might be carried away by too great "passion" for quick gains-a warning here also against reckless speculation, or excessive gambling, etc)
Oh.. thank you so much! Does Saturn have special emphasis as well or is it just Neptune?

Do these planets generally have a bad effect on the chart holder?
Unread 08-12-2017, 04:46 AM

I think that Saturn is also emphasized.
Neptune here has a net + influence over the chart; Saturn a more mixed general influence.
Unread 08-12-2017, 05:43 AM

People who have planets in critical degrees tend be like "magical" from what I've noticed.
sandrang123 (08-14-2017)
Unread 08-12-2017, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
People who have planets in critical degrees tend be like "magical" from what I've noticed.
Magical how?
Unread 08-12-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Magical how?
Famous, rich, popular, original
Unread 08-12-2017, 08:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ANUP

Dear Friend

There is special planet which get stronest at the last degree of it's own sign.
This is jupitor.Once Jupitor is in sagittarius at 29 deg15" to 29 deg 20',
JUPITOR BECOMES STRONGEST IN ALL THE DIVISIONAL CHARTS AND ACT ACCORDINGLY FOR A PERSON.You can find out other planets degree when and how these comes out strongest and at what degree because i can not explain here all this technique.

-Anup
www.kascorner.com
Unread 08-13-2017, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchad View Post
What about a man having Venus at 29.x degrees in Leo? What would that mean about his relationships with women irrespective of house position? It's not his first house.
He would not only want to be admired, but also depended on. Since it's at the anaretic degree transitioning into Virgo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermeshadesluna For This Useful Post:
cherylchad (08-13-2017)
Unread 08-13-2017, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermeshadesluna View Post
He would not only want to be admired, but also depended on. Since it's at the anaretic degree transitioning into Virgo.
Sooo this transition thing will cause the energy of the planet to be expressed in two ways? The energy of its original sign and the sign that comes after it?
Unread 08-13-2017, 03:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ANUP

Well, it depends which programe you are using and which ayanamasa this program is using.All programes/softwares in the world use different school of astroly.So in one program if venus is at 29 deg in leo then in another program it might be showing in virgo at different degree.Hence,first one has to claim for accurate ayanamsa( difference between tropical and sidereal zodiacs) for the precission.Most accurate is 24 Feb 366AD when this touches zero value.Now as on today,its 23 deg albeit.

So better do not fall upon such things.In general,if Venus is in cancer,a person might love to enjoyworldly pleasure where as if venus is in leo,it is call "spoiled" venus or qualities of venus are spoiled.

-Anup
www.kascorner.com
Unread 08-13-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Sooo this transition thing will cause the energy of the planet to be expressed in two ways? The energy of its original sign and the sign that comes after it?
Pretty much.
Unread 08-13-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
That's a misconception. The signs next to eachother don't blend into each other. For instance 0 degrees of any sign is considered the strongest embodiment of that sign. It doesn't have elements of the previous sign or vice-versa. 29 Pisces is nothing like 0 Aries, they are as different as you could imagine. Signs next to each other are inconjunct eachother, i.e. they have little to nothing astrologically in common, like a quincunx.

Signs of the same element sort of blend into eachother with decans. For instance, 0-10 degrees of Aries is the Aries decan of Aries, 10-20 is the Leo decan of Aries and 20-30 the Sagittarius decan. You'll often notice people of different signs but the same element sometimes looking like eachother, I believe this is a manifestation of the decans.
Unread 08-13-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldOrFold View Post
That's a misconception. The signs next to eachother don't blend into each other. For instance 0 degrees of any sign is considered the strongest embodiment of that sign. It doesn't have elements of the previous sign or vice-versa. 29 Pisces is nothing like 0 Aries, they are as different as you could imagine. Signs next to each other are inconjunct eachother, i.e. they have little to nothing astrologically in common, like a quincunx.

Signs of the same element sort of blend into eachother with decans. For instance, 0-10 degrees of Aries is the Aries decan of Aries, 10-20 is the Leo decan of Aries and 20-30 the Sagittarius decan. You'll often notice people of different signs but the same element sometimes looking like eachother, I believe this is a manifestation of the decans.
So, what you are saying is that the second face of Aries is more like Leo? 3rd face is more like Sagittarius? Do you think that a 2nd decan Aries can be mistaken for a Leo?
Unread 08-13-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchad View Post
What about a man having Venus at 29.x degrees in Leo? What would that mean about his relationships with women irrespective of house position? It's not his first house.
Venus in the last degree of Leo is conjunct Regulus (in the tropical zodiac), a very important fixed star. This star gives honor and nobility. You can look up the information about it on the Internet. Overall any planet conjunct Regulus can be considered lucky, even if it doesn't have any essential dignity. However, in my opinion (and experience), it won't make Venus have Virgo traits, it will still be 100% Leo.

By the way, in case you actually know a man with this configuration (or if it's you) and it's not just an example, let this man know about the eclipse on August 21 this year, it will happen very closely to his Venus. If he lives in the North America, it will definitely affect him.
Unread 08-13-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
6 most magical 29' of the zodiac: 1. Gemini-cusp Cancer (June 21 for the sun), 2. Cancer (Millionaire's degree)-cusp Leo, 3. Leo-cusp Virgo (Pres Trump's ascendant), 4. Virgo-cusp Libra (exact middle of the astrological year and zodiacal ecliptic), 5. Sagittarius-cusp Capricorn (Dec. 21 for the Sun - my half-sister's birthdate 1970 - she happens to be a millionaire from her mother's side) and 6. Pisces-cusp Aries (end of the zodiacal or astrological year).
ashriia (08-20-2017)
Unread 08-13-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Famous, rich, popular, original
For my mother's natal chart - Sun Taurus (April 29, 1951), Moon cusp Aqua-Pisces and ASC cusp Sag-Cap, not sure they're exactly 29' placements. Her birth time between 11 and 11:30pm - birthplace Torrance near L.A., CA, US. Would a 29' Aquarius be a great degree placement - if not associated with money, wealth or riches, which 29' Leo (the very opposite) happens to be?
Unread 08-13-2017, 02:23 PM

I have my Sun at 29 degrees in the 9th house of Libra. Would that count as a critical degree planet? How would that manifest?
Unread 08-13-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldOrFold View Post

My bad, the anaretic degree is the culmination and the sudden release degree. Had to do more research.
Unread 08-14-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidianmineral View Post
So, what you are saying is that the second face of Aries is more like Leo? 3rd face is more like Sagittarius? Do you think that a 2nd decan Aries can be mistaken for a Leo?
I've noticed signs have a few signature facial types but often signs of the same element can be mistaken for eachother.

Just a few examples off the top of my head:
- Roger Federer is a Leo with a typical Leo facial type.
- Quentin Tarantino is an Aries with a cartoonish version of this Leo facial type
- Daniel Radcliff Leo with the Leo facial type
- Joquin Phoenix Moon in Aries with Leo facial type

Billie Piper (Moon Sagittarius) and Leona Lewis (Sun Aries) share a long faced, large mouthed (almost horse-like) facial sub-type I've seen in lots of Sagittarius.

I see this a lot with people I know and new people I meet of different signs of the same element. I'd have to do more research to see if this is to do with the decans, but that's my hypothesis for now since that's how the signs are said to blend into eachother in the same element.

Last edited by HoldOrFold; 08-14-2017 at 06:34 AM.

Tags
critical, degree, degrees, planets