Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Spiritual Realm

Spiritual Realm This is the place for deep conversations on the divine, spiritual, esoteric, metaphysical, and arcane in your life.

Unread 02-27-2013, 01:06 PM

Re: Severe twitching/convulsing from meditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenzites betulina View Post
I am not trying to stigmatize you, but other people may. If you are perceiving these questions as stigmatizations, than that is your choice. I'm speaking with honesty and asking for it in return. I'd like to understand where you, us, or whatever you want to call yourself are coming from and why. Meanwhile, I will maintain my position that you, me, and everybody else on this forum share one thing in common. We are all members of the physical reality, whether we like it or not.

'I' understand, explanations are in order. 'I' collapsed on January the 1st 2013, 'I' was unable to speak, 'I' could not move without assistance and 'I' was prone to drooling. 'I' was spending a lot of time in the dark as I could not tolerate the light, 'I' found 'myself' sleeping a lot, 'I' was only awake for a few hours in a day. 'I' am now after approximately 40 days able to spend little time with 'my' family and tolerate low levels of light, this was very hard on 'my' loved ones and on the surface it seemed selfish of 'me' to work toward this goal. As you may or may not be able to imagine when you spend that amount of time unconscious you become aware of things previously you had no inkling of. One of those things was a growing awareness of 'my' other half, that is to say 'my' subconscious mind as an entity much the same way as 'my' conscious mind is an entity that you are now conversing with. Now 'I' am acutely aware of the presence of the other in all that 'I' do, it/she/he does not feel separate from 'me', nor does it/she/he seem to have independent thoughts from 'me' rather it/she/he seems to round 'me' out and augments 'my' thoughts.
'I' am not trying to transcend "I", it is a matter of not feeling like an "I" at all. In daily life it jars when 'I' have to use "I" when speaking as it feels more natural to say 'us' and 'our'.
It is irrelevant to me that 'my' physical body occupies a physical realm, 'I' do not associate totally with a physical vehicle, it is a part only.

Unread 02-28-2013, 07:24 AM

'I' am now after approximately 40 days able to spend little time with 'my' family and tolerate low levels of light, this was very hard on 'my' loved ones and on the surface it seemed selfish of 'me' to work toward this goal.

I am unclear on what your specified goal is here? Are you trying to tolerate higher levels of light and familial contact, or further reinforce the results of your collapse(the split perception of your own consciousness)? Please clarify this for me.

It is irrelevant to me that 'my' physical body occupies a physical realm, 'I' do not associate totally with a physical vehicle, it is a part only.

Parts are relevant. My toe is a part of me, but not myself in its entirety. I do not necessarily identify with my toe so much, but having reasonably healthy toes grants me the ability to walk with relative ease. Have you ever broke a toe? I have. You would be suprised how important a tiny little toe is. It took three days to teach myself how to walk with a broken toe. Until then I could barely stumble.

Even though I don't necessarily identify with my toe, I would be rather distraught if somebody cut it off. As my toe is a part of me, if it were taken away, I would not be whole. The whole is more than the sum of the parts, but in order to have a whole that is greater than the sum, one must have the corresponding and constituent parts to create that whole. If one severs themselves from their respective parts, how can they expect to acheive wholeness?

The body is a tool. Just as a shovel can be used to tend to a garden and create life, as well as to hit somebody on the head and bury them alive, the inherent goodness or badness of most tools(outside of advanced weaponry) depends upon the application. But, if you don't use your tools, you will never get anything accomplished at all. My garden will not tend itself. If I allow my garden tools to sit in the toolshed for years on end, my garden will become that of blight. If I decide to fix this twenty years later, I may find that the wooden handles have rotted, or the metal has rusted and my tool no longer works to acheive what it was made for.

If your body were not relevant, you would have not been incarnated into the physical realm.

Last edited by Lenzites betulina; 02-28-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntuzangmo View Post
I would add that taking the breath as an object of attention will help to keep you in the present, and in the body. When your mind wanders just bring it back again and again.
It tends to have a very calming effect of the mind and the body and the breath.
I totally agree, having go through various types of mediation, finally settling naturally on the breath awareness meditation. At the moment, its the only thing that keeps me anchored to this planet in this body.

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retinoid View Post
It could be Kundalini...this has been happening for years without mental break down.
Yes usually with guidance of an experienced person. As everyone else agrees, you cannot do this on your own. I've heard about people having mental breakdowns who had no idea of the spiritual process they were going through. If it is kundalini, these are suggestions.

You say you went to the doctor and they said everything was fine. That is a pretty broad statement. Did they test your blood, for example?

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:

The body is a tool. Just as a shovel can be used to tend to a garden and create life, as well as to hit somebody on the head and bury them alive, the inherent goodness or badness of most tools(outside of advanced weaponry) depends upon the application. But, if you don't use your tools, you will never get anything accomplished at all. My garden will not tend itself. If I allow my garden tools to sit in the toolshed for years on end, my garden will become that of blight. If I decide to fix this twenty years later, I may find that the wooden handles have rotted, or the metal has rusted and my tool no longer works to acheive what it was made for.

If your body were not relevant, you would have not been incarnated into the physical realm.
The specified goal was to break down programming set in early childhood, the awareness of the 'other' as an entity was unexpected. In 'my' world the body/mind is the 'prima materia', the living environment is the alembic and furnace with life itself playing the role of fire, all interactions are the flame that heats and transforms the body/mind, currently you are the flame. 'I' did not expect a full on collapse, but 'I' knew something was on the way.'I' had been hitting the yoga really hard together with yoga nidra for the majority of 2011 and 2012 in addition to my occult studies so 'I' figured that there would be repercussions. 'I' was not as surprised as you may think by 'my' body shutting down, 'I' was warned in a dream Dec 16, the vision was 'I' was given a full frontal lobotomy replete with real time experience of drooling and inability to communicate., naturally 'I' was a bit worried about that one, but the tarot cards reassured 'me' that all will work out in the very end, so 'I' gave it no more thought.
'I' do not think that mental,neurological and physical disabilities are separate from spiritual growth, 'I' believe they are a necessary part of the process,
'I' am not as attached to 'my' body as you appear to be, no amount of pointing out how attached we our to our physical frame will alter this.
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM

Your dream sounds rather frightening.

I will no longer attempt to convince you of anything you do not want to be a part of.

However, your perception that I am attached to my body is erroneous. I am only aware of the complications involved with ungroundedness. These complications range from obstacles in daily life, hinderences in the quest for truth, interference from the lower astral, and a death in which the soul knows not up from down, and therefore has difficulty navigating when outside of the body. Being ungrounded is like being a balloon full of helium, allowing the slightest breeze to carry one to far off lands. A helium balloon has no influence upon which direction it is headed. It may land in either paradise or hell and to float like that is a gamble. I simply value the ability to be self-directed.

Last edited by Lenzites betulina; 02-28-2013 at 12:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lenzites betulina For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-28-2013)
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:

I will no longer attempt to convince you of anything you do not want to be a part of.

However, your perception that I am attached to my body is erroneous. I am only aware of the complications involved with ungroundedness. These complications range from obstacles in daily life, hinderences in the quest for truth, interference from the lower astral, and a death in which the soul knows not up from down, and therefore has difficulty navigating when outside of the body. Being ungrounded is like being a balloon full of helium, allowing the slightest breeze to carry one to far off lands. A helium balloon has no influence upon which direction it is headed. It may land in either paradise or hell and to float like that is a gamble. I simply value the ability to be self-directed.
'My' dream life is rich, 'I' have been killed a few times which is always interesting.
'I' see, not being grounded, a hearty sex life and a good laugh take care of that.
Thank you for the exchange.
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdecc View Post
'My' dream life is rich, 'I' have been killed a few times which is always interesting.....
Dreams are intriguing!

QUOTE:

"To dream that you have been killed suggests that your actions are disconnected from your emotions and conscience.

The dream refers to drastic changes that you are trying to make.

There is a characteristic that you want to get rid of or a habit that you want to end within yourself.

Killing represents the killing off of the old parts and old habits.

Alternatively, the dream represents feelings of being let down or betrayed by someone in your waking life and feeling overwhelmed, shocked and disappointed"

source
: A - Z Dream Dictionary
http://www.dreammoods.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
mrdecc (02-28-2013)
Unread 02-28-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Dreams are intriguing!

QUOTE:

"To dream that you have been killed suggests that your actions are disconnected from your emotions and conscience.

The dream refers to drastic changes that you are trying to make.

There is a characteristic that you want to get rid of or a habit that you want to end within yourself.

Killing represents the killing off of the old parts and old habits.
/
That's very interesting , 'I' have written my dreams down for years, one of the times 'I' was killed, 'I' was had been working on trying to change how my 'dream self' reacted to stimuli, it bothered me greatly that the 'dream self' was prone to extreme violence, rampant sexual conduct and fear. So over time little threads of lucidity bled into the dream environment, the first chance 'I' got to throw myself at the mercy of 'demon' resulted very favourably, naturally 'my' dream body was brutally murdered finally culminating in 'my' face being chewed off, 'I' merely floated above and watched.
'My' whole life is dedicated to drastic change.
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdecc View Post
.....naturally 'my' dream body was brutally murdered finally culminating in 'my' face being chewed off....
Unlikely and unbelievable at it may seem these kinds of events have been reported on news reports mrdecc, for example just a year ago a homeless man had his face chewed off in Miami. Evidence in the form of news reports made at that time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw3mQD2eZHo

Update From Hospital As the Homeless Man Gradually Recovered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5gGTPlHuHw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM

'I' remember that story, 'my' dream was quite a long while ago, 6 years in fact.
Its bizarre how things are turning out in the world at large, folk chewing on each others faces, whatever next?.
Unread 03-01-2013, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune Rising View Post
Yes usually with guidance of an experienced person. As everyone else agrees, you cannot do this on your own. I've heard about people having mental breakdowns who had no idea of the spiritual process they were going through. If it is kundalini, these are suggestions.

You say you went to the doctor and they said everything was fine. That is a pretty broad statement. Did they test your blood, for example?
They did yes. I mean it could be biological, I am not denying this. But it is odd that it occurs coincidentally at these 'moments'. Sometimes it can happen when I am upset as well.

*If I read a chart it is via the whole sign house system.*
Unread 03-06-2013, 10:50 AM

The seizures sound like what are called kriyas and are a symptom of kundalini activation.

You can read about them near the bottom of this symptoms page on this very useful website (explore the links down the left hand side).

http://biologyofkundalini.com/articl...s&query=kriyas
Unread 03-06-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
The seizures sound like what are called kriyas and are a symptom of kundalini activation.

You can read about them near the bottom of this symptoms page on this very useful website (explore the links down the left hand side).

http://biologyofkundalini.com/articl...s&query=kriyas
kriyas are seizure type impulses related to certain neurotransmitters and areas in the brain. Traditionally it was thought kriyas were purifying movements or cleansing actions revealing blocks to the flow of kundalini. They say that yoga arose through observing the various spontaneously arising positions (asanas) created by kriyas. I think this might be partly the case...whether a voluntary complying with the way the energy wants to go, or involuntary compulsory asanas

Wow! There were times where I began to contort and move my arms without conscious thought (I just went with it and let this involuntary movement go) and it was in weird yoga like movements. I never did yoga in my life and still have not seen any poses. Once I hurt my neck because I 'moved' in a certain position. Again I didn't do it consciously and if I resisted I would begin to twitch a lot. Very weird that it mentions yoga could have been founded this way! I literally did yogic poses and twisted and such with no meaning or thought about which poses. My right arm for instance moved in movements and then my left arm made very similar complex movements without me even paying attention. My friend was in the room when this was happening and said maybe I was possessed because I was CONSCIOUS, and was talking to him but my body was moving unconsciously.

*If I read a chart it is via the whole sign house system.*
The Following User Says Thank You to retinoid For This Useful Post:
Sweet Pea (03-06-2013)
Unread 03-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by retinoid View Post
I have been unable to find a similar case on the internet. But for years, whenever I am in an altered state of consciousness, I begin to have extreme muscle movements such as uncontrollable hand and arm movements and neck movements where I can sway my head back and forth or do odd postures. In extreme cases, like what happened tonight, I could severely convulse yet still be conscious but look like I am having a seizure. That happened today, I was listening to a hypnosis tape and was very deep in concentration and for a second felt separated from my body and began to convulse. I even went to the doctor's and they said everything was fine (such as no parkinson's...)

Someone said it could be kundalini energy...if I say mantras it begins to happen for example but only very rarely will I just totally get out of control. And then hours later I will 'twitch'...almost like muscle contractions after such a dramatic event such as what happened tonight. Right now I am still having random twitches such as my leg 'kicking' or what not. There is no pain just like there is energy that is cooped up inside of my body and cannot get out so it is bouncing back and forth. This only happens when I begin to say mantras or meditate or am at extremes in emotions. Only about 4 times have I outright began to seizure, almost like 'possession' except I am totally conscious I just feel this pent up energy surging through me creating havoc in my body.

Any idea what it is? And please don't say it is the body relaxing or stress, convulsing is not a symptom of this. Thanks.
Where you listening to hemi-sync?