Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 05-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Banned

Re: Natal's 9th house and living abroad.

I have Venus on 9th cusp (placidus). I have never lived abroad, but everytime I've traveled to a foreign country, I've encountered men who wanted to marry me.

I have also had more boyfriends who were foreign-born, than American born. I am strongly attracted to men with heavy accents, dark skin and cultural differences.

I learn a lot about geography and history from them, as well.

Unread 05-10-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
Me, too - sextile between 9 and 4 rulers, trine between 4 and 1 ruler, opposition between 9 and 1 ruler - and I've lived all over the world, and do not live in the same country either where I was born or where I grew up.

You'll find the occasional exception, but it's a pretty good rule overall.
Normally for travel you find the Almuten of Travel and then look at the aspects.

Jupiter is the Almuten of Travel in my chart. The Lot of Travel (ASC + 9th House Cusp - 9th House Ruler -- assumes Whole Sign or Alcabitius Houses Cusps -- can't guarantee performance for non-conformist House Systems) is in the Pisces 5th House. Jupiter is in the 5th House conjunct the Lot and is the Exaltation Ruler of the Cancer 9th House. Moon ruling the 9th House is conjunct Jupiter. Venus at 4° Cancer in the 9th House trines Moon/Jupiter/Lot of Travel

Moon, Venus and Jupiter all trine 1st House and Moon/Jupiter trine 9th House.

I've spent 30 days (or more) in Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Iraq, Thailand, Korea, Honduras, Slovakia, Hungaria and Serbia, lived for 6 years in Germany, 2 years in the UK and 5 years in Romania, plus spent at least 3 days in Monaco, Cheha, Ireland, Canada and a few other places.

Using Alcabitius Houses, Moon/Jupiter are in Pisces 4th House (with 4th House Ruler Jupiter receiving 9th House Ruler Moon by Sign), no Planets in Cancer 9th House, but Lot of Travel is in Aries in the 5th House and unaspected and ruled by Aries 6th House Mars. That would make Venus the Almuten of Travel (Venus is Term Ruler for 9th House Cusp and Lot of Travel and 9th House Ruler Moon is in the Term of Venus) and Venus trines Moon/Jupiter.

I mentioned before the Almuten aspecting the 1st House, that indicates how much control the Native has over their travel. Where you find there is no aspect to the Ascendant (in the 2nd, 6th, 8th or 12th) they have little or no choice in the matter, and they are often expelled, exiled or forced to flee for political or social reasons, or because of conflict or in the case of minors, they go wherever their parents go. When it does aspect the Ascendant, the Native travels by choice for whatever reason.
Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."

Last edited by BobZemco; 05-10-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Unread 05-11-2011, 05:10 AM

using traditional rulers:
My 4th ruler:mars
my 9th ruler: mars
Mars is in Taurus in the 9th!!!
same ruler and in the 9th. You would think I moved across the world, but no. well.....I only lived where I was born for 3 months. Moved up and down east coast of US till 8. At 19 moved from the deep south to northwest california. This is not abroad per se, but the entire width of the North American continent. Where I moved is a world onto its self....very counter culture and rural. Not like the rest of american culture. I have traveled most of the US. I have been to Hawaii and Bahamas. I use to want to travel more, but am pretty content to not go overseas( I Hate flying).

Men: Did most of said traveling with ex husband. We met on a trip and I moved across the continent to live with him and go to college here. He also moved across the entire continent.
My ex boyfriend has moon in 9th. He never felt at home in US so he moved to Europe for 16 years. He was living there when we got back together. He is definately European influenced now.

Both these relationships started out very long distance....I think I just discovered why that happens to me. My first real relationship as a teenager was long distance too....weird.
Unread 12-22-2011, 03:39 PM

hello!

I'm trying to revive this thread somehow so, I've tried to contact Lord Byron via personal message but he didn't reply. And I can't find his e-mail anywhere....I hope he might read this and contact me )

Once again, we're astrological twins ) I think it's amazing and this is a once in a lifetime opportunity...his Sun is 0 degrees Cancer, mine is 29 Gemini. My Moon is 22 Saggittarius, his is 7 Capricorn. Everything else, I mean literaly EVERYTHING is pretty much THE SAME...Ascendant, Venus, Mercury, Pluto, Uranus, Saturn, aspects between planets...it's just amazing....it would be great to hear from him....if anyone knows his e-mail adress it would be sooooo great to let me know.....

cheers!

http://www.use.com/showorig.pl?set=4...440ff5fff5&p=1

"It's hard to eat shits without having a vision" Allen Ginsberg
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:32 AM

Quote:
For living abroad, I would look for aspects between the 4th and 9th rulers (traditional only, don't use modern rulerships for this), and sometimes even 1-9-4 rulers mixing it up - but almost always there's a major aspect between the 4th and 9th house rulers.
Interesting!
The above is true for me too. 4th and 9th rulers are squared, 4th and 1st rulers are in a sextile. I have Mars and Saturn in my 9th.

I've moved around quite a bit...
Born in country#1
Raised in country#2
Grew up in country#3
Finished high school + first couple jobs in country#2
Emancipated + higher education in country#3
Married someone from country#4
Employment in country#4
Moving back Home soon to country#2!

(Not to mention the 5 different neighborhoods I've lived in in country/city#3)
Attached Images
File Type: gif my chart.gif (49.0 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by invivo; 01-08-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:40 AM

True for me, too: trine between rulers of 4th and 9th. 4th in Gemini often means a lot of 'action' regarding the home. I have lived in 6 countries so far, and am definitely not ready to settle down yet. Very restless.
Unread 01-08-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermoon View Post
True for me, too: trine between rulers of 4th and 9th. 4th in Gemini often means a lot of 'action' regarding the home. I have lived in 6 countries so far, and am definitely not ready to settle down yet. Very restless.
Wow, Sun, Moon & Rising in water signs! That should also help things in terms of "moving around". I'd love to see what else is in your chart.

Last edited by invivo; 01-08-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by invivo View Post
Interesting!
The above is true for me too. 4th and 9th rulers are squared, 4th and 1st rulers are in a sextile. I have Mars and Saturn in my 9th.

I've moved around quite a bit...
Born in country#1
Raised in country#2
Grew up in country#3
Finished high school + first couple jobs in country#2
Emancipated + higher education in country#3
Married someone from country#4
Employment in country#4
Moving back Home soon to country#2!

(Not to mention the 5 different neighborhoods I've lived in in country/city#3)
If you use Equal house system, we see Leo/sun ruling 10th house cusp and aquarius 4th house cusp and then we see a *sextile* aspect...

I wonder if you identify with your sun quincunx mars?

Sun Quincunx Mars
There is a combative and defensive part of your nature that fears being taken advantage of. As a result of this concern you develop a pattern of self-expression that is energetic and creative, but often leads you far afield from your designated goal. You are on the path of real development when your enthusiastic explosions of interest attract other person's positive interest, and carry toward your aims, even when your path is rather convoluted
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

indicates that there is an ­element of strain in everything you try to do. You are ­enthusiastic, energetic, and eager to demonstrate your skills, but you seem to offer your services to the wrong persons. Disappointment is likely when you find out that your efforts are unappreciated. You seem to be on the prowl for problems to contaminate your life, and you don't lack for them. You want to win the approval of everybody you meet and be remembered for all the favours you have done for them. Although you competent by anyone's standards, you aren't personally sure of it.
From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

Sometimes these quincunxs (aka Inconjuncts 150’) are obvious and recognised in personality, other times it can take a lot of self examination to identify with the planets energies and of course they (like all aspects) don't operate 100% of the time, they are simply a facet of your personality. Some say they cause health issues that are unresolved, underlying, dormant waiting to be triggered.... some say you stay at one end, to the detriment of the other, OR end up see-sawing between the two until you learn balance, integration of two unlikely pairings.

Next look at the signs, then houses and then aspects. Now the *others aspects* from these quincunxs/Yods as they can act like escape routes, that can help or hinder the expressions. A chart with lots of Yods (Finger of God) will always be *searching* for the divine answers to the meaning of life, to find synthesis

What tends to happen with quincunxs is that with progessions and transits will create temporary Yods aka 'Finger of god' configurations. Like with common TSquares, they create a temp Grand Square...

If we just look at the signs involved leo and capricorn and see why they don't get on or gel it adds another layer..

Leo is fixed and fire sign. Again all fixed signs are stubborn and don’t like changes unless it suits them but has lots of loyalty and fidelity. Fire tends to act first and think later. Leo are usually sociable, confident extrovert focusing on love and partnerships, but always want the control (like Scorpio) very bossy, very well organised. Wants to be the centre of attention if not will have tantrum or throw toys out of pram. Lots of pride, occasional arrogance and tends to be bit theatrical (some should be on the stage)

Capricorn is cardinal and earth. Capricorns, serious, hardworking ambitious. Care very much about status, achievements and career and what people will think. Practical, excellent with money and hanging onto it longer and harder than the rest of us. Cancer and Capricorn share these traits tight…. Capricorn and Cancer are also the two hoarders of the zodiac, Cancer hordes for emotional and sentimental reasons, old birthday cards, anniversary cards old photos anything looking back. Capricorns hoards for practical reasons, these people have attic or/and garage full of junk just in case the brownies want a pair of curtains cutting up for something. Capricorns always want value for money and expect their purchases to last. Capricorn will always want to structure the life of Gemini and keep them grounded, which is probably what they need. Capricorn and Scorpio at the two least sociable signs. Hence the problem Leo wants to be centre of attention and wants to be in control and Capricorn want someone ambitious, hardworking who will get them the status, achievements and recognition they want.

Last edited by astrologer50; 01-08-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenfluff View Post
I have Venus in Leo in the 9th as well.

I read that the 9th house also covers different cultures, religion, philosophy, fine arts and higher education. I have spent most of my life earning degrees of various sorts so that would definately apply to me - not sure how that would translate to having Venus in Leo there but i definatley know I am like the Venus in Leo description. I am interested in different cultures and fine arts.

I also read that the traveling associated with the 9th house doesn't always mean physical traveling. It can be in your mind too. I have strong Neptune in my chart and I tend to "day dream travel." haha.

And speaking of Venus/Neptune, I have Venus Square Neptune and boy can it cause problems! I hate it!
Remember planets are modified by signs, where they express are houses and how they express are *aspects*

so venus is where we get and give pleasure, romance and finances. so I bet you get pleasure in higher education, in leo it will feed the pride and ego, then square to neptune can suggests confusions illusions (neptune) about how you spend it.

Neptune in lst House – angular house
Should try to avoid alcohol and drugs. Often have an air of mystery about you. Indicates a sensitive ‑ intuitive awareness of yourself and your environment. Highly impressionable. Certainly artistic and a great appreciation of music. Dreamy innocent look ‑ drift off when talking! Dissatisfied with appearance in some way ie; manner, looks. Sometime appear to live in world of own. Idealist. Physical appearance probably something you don't care for. People may often say to you ‑ look at me when I'm talking to you! Can daydream with eyes wide open. Neptunian illnesses ‑ movements affected ‑ will walk funny ‑ at least with one foot. (twine‑toed as small child or when first walking ) Mysterious allergies on skin or where obvious, and suddenly disappear.

I'm sure if you use our search engine, you will find more delinations on neptune conj Asc...
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07.Re View Post
Liv, this bit is accurate for me.

Fourth house ruler (Saturn) is found in ninth house (Gemini) and there is a trine aspect between Saturn and Mercury (in first house). I emigrated three and a half years ago.
Also it's important to explore house systems and 9th may well have another ruler. this theory doesn't work in my case as I have libra ruling 9th and taurus ruling 4th where venus is posited, so there can be no aspects between the two

The *main signifer* for emigrating is Moon in 9th house....
Unread 01-10-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight sun View Post
I know a person who has 3 planets in 9th house; Sun, Mars, Mercury and she doesn't live abroad or work abroad. Even the ruler of her 7th house is in 9th house, she didn't marry to a foreigner. All these planets are in Cancer and she's a doctor. (I think typical Cancer in 9th house)

So I'm surprised when people talk so exact like "you will live abroad and marry a foreigner". You're acting like a fortune teller. I think the chart gives the opportunity. But the person has to know how to use it and the other conditions has to be right. And 9th house is not just about abroad.

9th house is also about inner travelling. Thinking and discovering yourself and the world. If a planet in 9th house is the ruler of 7th, not just a foreigner but it can show an interest in people who has deep thinking and is idealist. And usually interest in higher education, with Mercury there, a person can be a teacher or researcher in a university.
I agree. I have Sun, Mercury and Venus in the 9th along with Chiron & Juno. I am a complete wanderlust by nature but don't much care to live abroad. I do attract people from different cultural backgrounds but I find that, for me, the 9th house represents MUCH more...

Last edited by Optimistic Approach; 01-10-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:29 PM

Moon opposition sun indicates parents divided in every chart? if they are with in closer orbit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
research into moon ruling 9th house cusp and it's natal aspects. Moon conj Neptune, emotional confusions, illusions and delusions. Moon opp sun divided parents, moon quincunx venus
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:53 PM

I have sun conjunct north node in 9th house (aries on cusp), so I think I'm destined to live abroad.
I hope it will happen some day
I also have uranus in sagittarius (retrograde) in fourth house, with scorpio on cusp.
But saturn is there too (retrograde in sagittarius) .

And.... My husband has jupiter in aquarius in fourth house
Unread 01-12-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
I wanted to live abroad so much(I have 2 planets in 9th) I'm now abroad and I want to go back.
I have this notion about living abroad, that once im there i will want to go back.

Quote:
And to my opinion, 9th house is travelling. Don't mix the idea of travelling and living in somewhere else. Travelling is always more nice. And living is hard.
Yeah i have a tendency to confuse the two, i have a North Node in the 9th house(Aquarius) which is in Trine to Jupiter,Mercury and Moon 1st house(Gemini). And right now in my life im considering moving overseas to travel and live for a while.. i've been oversea's before with family and friends to travel and to be honest i've never felt more in my 'element' then when im constantly moving around. But there's still a large degree of hesitation and anxiety about going over on my own to live and travel.
Lives in eternity's sun rise."
- William Blake.
Unread 01-12-2012, 02:36 AM
Banned

I have lived abroad in 4 countries.

ruler of my 4th and 9th are same (mars)

and my mars is in cancer (water, so good for travel) and sextile ruler of fist house. Mars is also conjunct jup you see...
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:47 PM

I really want to study or live abroad so can someone please see if I have indications for it in my natal chart here it is and thank you http://astro.horoskop.hr/cgi-bin/gra...=-1.00&lang=hr
Unread 01-24-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
For living abroad, I would look for aspects between the 4th and 9th rulers (traditional only, don't use modern rulerships for this), and sometimes even 1-9-4 rulers mixing it up - but almost always there's a major aspect between the 4th and 9th house rulers.
Hello Olivia, this is an older thread but I wanted to ask if the 4th & 9th & traditional rulers ALL have aspects like squares does that reduce the possibility of living/working abroad?

Details:

1st Ruler (Cancer cusp) :Moon
4nd Ruler(Libra cusp): Venus
9th Ruler(Pisces cusp): Jupiter

Venus square Jupiter
Venus square Moon
Moon opposition Jupiter

In whole signs I have 9th H Sun & Venus & North Node (in Pisces)

p.s I have already lived abroad as a student & been wondering about work abroad.

Many Thanks,
Best wishes
Tam
Unread 01-24-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
I wanted to ask if the 4th & 9th & traditional rulers ALL have aspects like squares does that reduce the possibility of living/working abroad?
I don't think it would. Traditionally, my 4th ruler squares the 9th ruler. Although what may be indicative is if the move is a compulsive or non-compulsive one.
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Saturnian For This Useful Post:
TamaraL (01-24-2014)
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:42 PM

hI

wHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF LIVING ABROAD.?
Heres my chart.
thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_23gw_01_ll_m_20111230_65814_14366.jpg (85.8 KB, 7 views)
Unread 01-27-2014, 10:56 PM

My personal example. My 9th house is Taurus, ruled by Venus in Libra,2nd house Libra also ruled by Venus in Libra placed in Placidus 1st but whole sign 2nd house. I gained my higher education aboard, also earning my income aboard here now.

These are all done by my own will and effort but of course with a lot of help from my mum and sister, the older/authoritative women in my life, in my night chart Moon in Capricorn as the night triplicity trine Venus in Libra, while my Venus is within the degree of Term in Capricorn, so received Term from Moon in Capricorn. I also work with a lot of women, the best teachers were usually women, many of my female friends have always guided me and favored me at work. Moon in Capricorn rules Part of Fortune, also the 11th house and 11th sign.

Venus also square by Neptune in Sagittarius, Neptune is parallel to Uranus, IC, SN, Jupiter.

My 4th house is Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter in Sagittarius inside the house. My own home/property is aboard which is also further confirmed by conjunction with the South Node, detachment from IC birthplace, homeland. Manifestation time was when transit Pluto conjunct IC, Jupiter, SN. There could be other transit, progression, eclipse to confirm also.

My chart in natal is pretty clear cut definite as it directly parallel to the IC and 4th house lord Jupiter in his own domicile also inside 4th at IC with SN.
“I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery.” --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World

Last edited by poyi; 01-27-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Unread 01-28-2014, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyi View Post
My personal example. My 9th house is Taurus, ruled by Venus in Libra,2nd house Libra also ruled by Venus in Libra placed in Placidus 1st but whole sign 2nd house. I gained my higher education aboard, also earning my income aboard here now.

These are all done by my own will and effort but of course with a lot of help from my mum and sister, the older/authoritative women in my life, in my night chart Moon in Capricorn as the night triplicity trine Venus in Libra, while my Venus is within the degree of Term in Capricorn, so received Term from Moon in Capricorn. I also work with a lot of women, the best teachers were usually women, many of my female friends have always guided me and favored me at work. Moon in Capricorn rules Part of Fortune, also the 11th house and 11th sign.

Venus also square by Neptune in Sagittarius, Neptune is parallel to Uranus, IC, SN, Jupiter.

My 4th house is Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter in Sagittarius inside the house. My own home/property is aboard which is also further confirmed by conjunction with the South Node, detachment from IC birthplace, homeland. Manifestation time was when transit Pluto conjunct IC, Jupiter, SN. There could be other transit, progression, eclipse to confirm also.

My chart in natal is pretty clear cut definite as it directly parallel to the IC and 4th house lord Jupiter in his own domicile also inside 4th at IC with SN.
my south node is at 18 aquarius in 9th(wsh) or 10h(placidus)
I lost my religion if it makes sense,no longer catholic
Unread 01-28-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates View Post
my south node is at 18 aquarius in 9th(wsh) or 10h(placidus)
I lost my religion if it makes sense,no longer catholic
Totally normal. According to the readings I had so far, South Node unfortunately often leads to detachment, disappointment, sorrow, despair energy of the Saturn but can also become wisdom, and enlightenment when is expressed as gain through lost. In horary is a definate No and negative.
“I believe there is something of the divine mystery in everything that exists. We can see it sparkle in a sunflower or a poppy. We sense more of the unfathomable mystery in a butterfly that flutters from a twig--or in a goldfish swimming in a bowl. But we are closest to God in our own soul. Only there can we become one with the greatest mystery of life. In truth, at very rare moments we can experience that we ourselves are that divine mystery.” --Jostein Gaarder, Sophie's World
Unread 01-28-2014, 06:46 AM

Other than 9th house, I think the connection with 3rd, Mercury, Moon, Jupiter as traveling planets, would be important as indicator of traveling aboard, while migration and actually living aboard in long term, will need to have confirmation from 4th house or 4th house ruler.
Unread 05-15-2016, 04:28 PM

Unfortunately, your chart is not visible anymore. The 9th house is about expanding our vision, our understanding and our ideas. This can be achieved by travelling or living abroad. If you have a stellium in that house, it only makes sense that you would want to live abroad.
Unread 05-15-2016, 05:09 PM

Cool Re: Natal's 9th house and living abroad.

When your Mercury is in the 9th (esp Pisces), you're having a wanderlust for a variety of places, as well you wish to relocate to an area of your choice. The 9th house has much to do with travel and relocation, and Mercury is the planet of flight, along with the sign of Pisces shown deep interests. I had an opportunity to visit places I wanted to go (across CA, the Southwest and Northwest states, family trips to UT and OK, twice in Mexico, and (northern) France along with pass-bys of Belgium, Holland and England).

Tags
abroad, house, living, natal