Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 01-03-2012, 08:31 PM
likeBoss

Re: Am i more of a leo (fire) or gemini (air)

I noticed that my my moon, venus, mars, jupiter are leo and all fall into the 8th house. Does this give me possessions of what a scorpio would have? since the 8th house is the ruler of money, inheritance, death, sex, regeneration, sacrifice, money, loses ect... ?

Unread 01-03-2012, 08:33 PM

I consider the whole sign of Leo the 9th house and all those planets in the 9th house.
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:39 PM
likeBoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Uranian View Post
I consider the whole sign of Leo the 9th house and all those planets in the 9th house.
http://interactive.0800-horoscope.co...n#.TwN2cvJj6So

i'm confused. but it says it's in he 8th house? be patient with me, I'm a noob with all this and learning haha.

Last edited by likeBoss; 01-03-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeBoss View Post
I noticed that my my moon, venus, mars, jupiter are leo and all fall into the 8th house. Does this give me possessions of what a scorpio would have? since the 8th house is the ruler of money, inheritance, death, sex, regeneration, sacrifice, money, loses ect... ?
You may consider looking at/posting a chart that's equal house (versus placidus which is astro's default) as some of your houses are large. It could make a significant difference. Maybe it wont change your 8th house but possibly others...
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
I'll leave that for the OP to decide.
right on...

Outer planets are extremely important to Modern astrologers (the majority on here). It's just traditional astrologers that don't use them or go past saturn.....

if you want to read the debate about outers/modern/trad then read here.

are outer planets generational or personal
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39021
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:06 PM

@StillOne - Or they could use whole signs like me, which I'm going to advocate until someone tells me how exactly dignities in the other systems work. Preferably on another thread in order not to jack this one.

@astrologer50 - If you think someone called Rebel Uranian is a trad who doesn't use Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto then you're kind of wrong. (I do have Saturn, the planet of tradition, in the 4th house of tradition, but it's sextile Uranus and Jupiter and a couple of others so...)

Last edited by Rebel Uranian; 01-03-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Unread 01-03-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felkin View Post
I'd say you are more Leo with that stellium. You then have a smaller stellium in (please sit down for this) in Capricorn. This means that all that Leo energy is here to stay b/c coming up right behind it, you have cementing Cappy. I don't know where you got Gemini from but unless I missed something I don't see a ton of it represented in your chart.

I love Leo like people...my Venus is there.
A stellium requires 3 or more, there's only 2 planets there in capricorn, I wouldn't call that a stellium

Quote:
You may consider looking at/posting a chart that's equal house (versus placidus which is astro's default) as some of your houses are large. It could make a significant difference. Maybe it wont change your 8th house but possibly others...
I did his equal house chart in post #10, and it puts his IC in pisces, and wile it isn't a planet, I felt it didn't make pluto that much of a "singleton" as the angular houses can (somewhat) count in adding some element to the native (or at the very least, show how that singleton planet will affect your life with its influence)

The Imum Coeli, just like the MC, AC, and DC hold significant importance to the Native;

Quote:
This is the area of our deepest concern for security and shelter. The issues here are home, traditions, stability, and nurturing. This is where you seek comfort and protection. Your activities here will be private and concealed. When many planets are near the IC, accomplishments may not get the notoriety they deserve. http://www.astrology-numerology.com/angles.html
That's why on a chart, you'll see the 4 angles in nice bold lines, so you know their significance
Any texts that have direct quotes come from my own personal license of Solar Fire Gold, and I do not hold these copyrights, but the copyright comes from Solar Fire, Astrolabe, and CELESTE software. http://alabe.com/

|CLICK HERE to see my chart|CLICK HERE to see my chart with CHIRON aspects|

Last edited by Rageypoo; 01-04-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:00 PM
likeBoss

cool cool dude
Unread 01-04-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageypoo View Post
I did his equal house chart in post #10, and it puts his IC in pisces, and wile it isn't a planet, I felt it didn't make pluto that much of a "singleton" as the angular houses can (somewhat) count.
Angles are emphases (plural of "emphasis") like planets, lots, and lots (no pun intended oops :P) of other things. It is automatic to have an angular house in an element in equal and whole signs, so I wouldn't count that.

Last edited by Rebel Uranian; 01-04-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Unread 01-04-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Angles are emphases like planets, lots, and lots (no pun intended oops :P) of other things. It is automatic to have an angular house in an element in equal and whole signs, so I wouldn't count that.
This statement makes little sense, it IS automatic to have an angular house in an element regardless of equal, whole signs, or any chart. What does this have to do with angels, or planets, or...anything?
Any texts that have direct quotes come from my own personal license of Solar Fire Gold, and I do not hold these copyrights, but the copyright comes from Solar Fire, Astrolabe, and CELESTE software. http://alabe.com/

Unread 01-04-2012, 12:34 AM

It has to do with the fact that having an angular house in Pisces doesn't make Pluto less of a singleton. I wouldn't consider the IC in Pisces to either.
Unread 01-04-2012, 12:50 AM

Pluto is still a singleton because Pluto is the only planet in an element. The MC/IC axis constitutes an emphasis but a singleton planet can only be a planet, not a point or an end of an axis.

NOW back on-topic.
Unread 01-04-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Pluto is still a singleton because Pluto is the only planet in an element. The MC/IC axis constitutes an emphasis but a singleton planet can only be a planet, not a point or an end of an axis.

NOW back on-topic.
I see, well then lets use your whole sign method shall we?

In whole signs, we use the sign as the "house" and is a way of determining planetary strength, and figuring out how active the houses are.

Quote:
Vettius Valens explains a type of ‘dynamical’ division, which would be the equivalent to Porphyry, where the first third of each quadrant, from each of the four angular points, (i.e. the Asc/Dsc., MC/IC) known in modern house division as the angular ‘houses’ (1st, 4th, 7th, 10th) are the most ‘busy’ or active ’houses’. The following third of the quadrant (i.e. 2nd, 5th, 8th, 11th) is only 'moderately active’. And the last third of each quadrant (i.e. 3, 6, 9, 12) is the 'least active' of all the divisions. So. This is called a 'dynamical' division of the chart, because it is a way to gauge planetary activity, or strength, BUT it does not delegate, or signify the areas of life affected by the planetary placements. That’s what the 'topical' division of the chart is for, i.e. Whole Sign houses, because that shows what area of life is effected. http://classicalastrology.tribe.net/...5-50f5f753761d
I'll give you two guesses where Whole Signs throws your Pluto, and how influential it really is as a "singleton" (should I mention it's retrograde?)

Using Equal house puts the IC in a water element, and thus reducing again the significance of Pluto being "singleton" of water in this chart

shall we continue this dance or have you had enough?

Last edited by Rageypoo; 01-04-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Unread 01-04-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Vettius Valens explains a type of ‘dynamical’ division, which would be the equivalent to Porphyry
You just posted about the house system of Porphyry, not whole signs :P Porphyry puts it in the 10th. And my Pluto is not only direct but swift. Stationary direct would be better, but swift is almost as good :P 12th house isn't a great place for it to have high "dynamical" influence, but it still does have that influence.

Last edited by Rebel Uranian; 01-05-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Unread 01-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
I see, well then lets use your whole sign method shall we?

Using Equal house puts the IC in a water element, and thus reducing again the significance of Pluto being "singleton" of water in this chart

shall we continue this dance or have you had enough?
In Equal house IC is IC and never changes, IC remains in Aries.... BUT 4th house cusp is like having a weaker second IC and rules 4th house to....

Pluto in Equal is conj 12th house cusp and would be interpreted as if in 12th house...

[off-topic comments - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 01-04-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Unread 01-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Signs of outer planets aren't that important. Even if Pluto was in Taurus, Libra or Cancer, that wouldn't be too bad depending on how it was placed. [really??]

Pluto is not that bad. Sure, it makes you moody, but people can't tell with Pluto. I have a singleton Pluto and it's 1' (minute) conjunct my Sun/Moon midpoint and a few other midpoints at other orbs so it's in a quite sensitive spot on my chart too. In real life, basically no one can ever tell and I can read them easily too. Oh, and your Pluto is retrograde (moving backwards,) so you might want to examine that a little.
then perhaps you should hmmm 'educate' this member who thinks a whole generation of Uranus in scorpio have propensity towards 'autism'....
capaquarpis,
Quote:
Not based entirely on generation, nor limited to gender (Autism more frequent among boys, and notice Aquarius is a masculine sign) or race (the risk of Autism found in ethnic groups, but can be found in all races).

Autism is a pandemic to children or teens born between 1990 and 2005, or should I say among them originating in generation "Y" (the 25th letter of the Roman alphabet, or 12th sign/house?) have the most diagnosis rate of autism than any previous generation. Uranus was in Sagittarius, Capricorn and Aquarius in that time period, currently in Pisces going onto Aries
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...t=44277&page=2

Last edited by astrologer50; 01-05-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Unread 01-05-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
Not based entirely on generation, nor limited to gender (Autism more frequent among boys, and notice Aquarius is a masculine sign) or race (the risk of Autism found in ethnic groups, but can be found in all races).

Autism is a pandemic to children or teens born between 1990 and 2005, or should I say among them originating in generation "Y" (the 25th letter of the Roman alphabet, or 12th sign/house?) have the most diagnosis rate of autism than any previous generation. Uranus was in Sagittarius, Capricorn and Aquarius in that time period, currently in Pisces going onto Aries.

Masculine Signs in astrology are signs which have traditionally been conceived as more active and less receptive, primarily focusing on the spiritual/mental world. Air and Fire Signs are considered Masculine, whereas Earth and Water Signs are considered Feminine.

There are six masculine signs and six feminine signs

The masculine signs are:
Aries, Gemini, Leo, Libra, Sagittarius, Aquarius
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 01-05-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:38 PM

Well, from what I can tell from reading some of your recent discussions on here, I'd say FIRE!

So, I guess the Pluto Singleton in Water was inaccurate...
Unread 01-07-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Well, from what I can tell from reading some of your recent discussions on here, I'd say FIRE!

Pluto is definitely cheering the war going on between saturn and the rest of the personal planets, sitting quietly, watching them kill eachother

Unread 01-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:

yes they are important but 12th is THE most cadent/hidden house. I delinated pluto here for another member on this thread...

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=39298

Singleton planets
“If a planet happens to be the only one in an element, quality, or house type, that planet is a Singleton and it can funnel all of the “energy” of the horoscope. This planet is often the most important one in the horoscope. In other words, if you just interpret the position of this one planet by sign, house, and aspect, you will get to the “heart of the horoscope”. The effect is the same as if that planet were the only one on one side of the chart.”
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/13.0Singletons.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org
http://en.mimi.hu/astrology/singleton.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2334.html
(There is a book out by Shirley Lyons Meier, "Elemental Voids, More than Meets the Eye", which gives a good discussion of missing elements.) The Inferior Function can be a source of great motivation and creative expression.
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/intro/singleton_intro.htm

quite often singleton are also missing or lacking in elemental balances, there wouldn't be a lack of water element with a stellium in 8th though..

perhaps the thread starter will come back after self analysis to add comments IF he can identify with this pluto singleton????

Last edited by astrologer50; 01-08-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Unread 01-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
yes they are important but 12th is THE most cadent/hidden house. I delinated pluto here for another member on this thread...

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=39298

Singleton planets
“If a planet happens to be the only one in an element, quality, or house type, that planet is a Singleton and it can funnel all of the “energy” of the horoscope. This planet is often the most important one in the horoscope. In other words, if you just interpret the position of this one planet by sign, house, and aspect, you will get to the “heart of the horoscope”. The effect is the same as if that planet were the only one on one side of the chart.”
http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/13.0Singletons.htm
http://www.astrologyclub.org
http://en.mimi.hu/astrology/singleton.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2334.html
(There is a book out by Shirley Lyons Meier, "Elemental Voids, More than Meets the Eye", which gives a good discussion of missing elements.) The Inferior Function can be a source of great motivation and creative expression.
http://www.astrologyclub.org/articles/singletons/intro/singleton_intro.htm

quite often singleton are also missing or lacking in elemental balances, there wouldn't be a lack of water element with a stellium in 8th though..

perhaps the thread starter will come back after self analysis to add comments IF he can identify with this pluto singleton????
Ohh nice link, heated battle

Unread 01-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ohh nice link, heated battle
not really rageypoo, just debate. This is why it's *SOoooo* important to get feedback from members here. Problem is if they are newbies, it CAN take a lot of self analysis to identify with facets of their personality within themselves.....
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
not really rageypoo, just debate. This is why it's *SOoooo* important to get feedback from members here. Problem is if they are newbies, it CAN take a lot of self analysis to identify with facets of their personality within themselves.....
I like the banter, the astrologers get stronger, challenged, friendly rivalry is always a good thing, and I think we all like eachother here (for the most part)

i would like to know too though, do you feel you lack a bit of water in your chart OP? water deals with emotions, sensitivity, the ebb and flow, and being able to be receptive to others, I imagine with all that fire you might be one sided, but Leo is usually generous and giving, and 8th house can be a "take" house if left unchecked, perhaps thats why saturn is being picky with you ; )

Unread 01-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
I like the banter, the astrologers get stronger, challenged, friendly rivalry is always a good thing, and I think we all like eachother here (for the most part)
I forgot to mention, that everything in my chart above horizon is retrograde, including 11th(hopes and wishes) jup retro 8th. Point is if someone had asked me in my 20's about neptune singleton, i would have a completely different response. It wasnt' until my 40's that spiritual matters and 'working with spirit' really kicked in -- this all be due to retrogrades. But hey the master plan worked well, as first half of my life was fulfilling karma towards family and being a single parent for 15 years, just to reinforce the responsibilities and payback. It's only when these responsibilities are discharged that we can get on with 'other matters'

Quote:
i would like to know too though, do you feel you lack a bit of water in your chart OP? water deals with emotions, sensitivity, the ebb and flow, and being able to be receptive to others, I imagine with all that fire you might be one sided, but Leo is usually generous and giving, and 8th house can be a "take" house if left unchecked, perhaps thats why saturn is being picky with you ; )
with stellium in 8th house of scorpio/water, I dout it. I only have neptune sinlgeton in water in my chart BUT have 4planets in water houses....

Last edited by astrologer50; 01-08-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
I forgot to mention, that everything in my chart above horizon is retrograde, including 11th(hopes and wishes) jup retro 8th. Point is if someone had asked me in my 20's about neptune singleton, i would have a completely different response. It wasnt' until my 40's that spiritual matters and 'working with spirit' really kicked in -- this all be due to retrogrades. But hey the master plan worked well, as first half of my life was fulfilling karma towards family and being a single parent for 15 years, just to reinforce the responsibilities and payback. It's only when these responsibilities are discharged that we can get on with 'other matters'

with stellium in 8th house of scorpio/water, I dout it. I only have neptune sinlgeton in water in my chart BUT have 4planets in water houses....
ugh post your chart already, or at least PM it to me!

Tags
birth chart analysis, dominants, fire, gemini