My chart - am I prone to mental illness? Is there a 'career' somewhere there for me?

Vista

it's just my experience, that with an aspect like pluto trine merc they usually have mental issues, not because they're flawed in some way, but because their understanding is so heightened that it makes them hyper sensitive to problems. since yours is in opposition it (shouldn't) be so bad, but it's still making an aspect, I personally feel when there's a square or an opposition, there's something to overcome or tap into, rather than plague us, there's energy there to work with for a reason, just gotta figure out what it's for.

I am curious about what you are saying about Mercury trine Pluto. Do you feel the same problems exist with Mercury sextile Pluto? What about the conjunction? I have never heard this before but find it extremely interesting. I know certain aspects usually point to common problems for example Moon in hard aspect to Mars usually means problems with the mother or Sun square Saturn self esteem issues, but this is new to me. In fact, what I see written about Mercury in hard aspect to Pluto is that they can be verbally abusive or someone who is quick with retorts.

I am curious about what you are saying about Mercury trine Pluto. Do you feel the same problems exist with Mercury sextile Pluto? What about the conjunction? I have never heard this before but find it extremely interesting. I know certain aspects usually point to common problems for example Moon in hard aspect to Mars usually means problems with the mother or Sun square Saturn self esteem issues,[and lack of rapport with father] but this is new to me. In fact, what I see written about Mercury in hard aspect to Pluto is that they can be verbally abusive or someone who is quick with retorts.

No I've never heard of this either, a trine suggests an easy blending. of course if there are other malifics involved there is a 'possiblity' but on it's own. Use some cautious judgement here.

hard aspects of merc/pluto have a very penetrating mind, probably won't suffer fools gladly and can have an acid tongue, or verbal
lacerations....

Rageypoo

I am curious about what you are saying about Mercury trine Pluto. Do you feel the same problems exist with Mercury sextile Pluto? What about the conjunction? I have never heard this before but find it extremely interesting. I know certain aspects usually point to common problems for example Moon in hard aspect to Mars usually means problems with the mother or Sun square Saturn self esteem issues, but this is new to me. In fact, what I see written about Mercury in hard aspect to Pluto is that they can be verbally abusive or someone who is quick with retorts.

you'd be right, I was thinking Neptune to Mercury, not Pluto, must have been one of those nights.

No I've never heard of this either, a trine suggests an easy blending. of course if there are other malifics involved there is a 'possiblity' but on it's own. Use some cautious judgement here.

hard aspects of merc/pluto have a very penetrating mind, probably won't suffer fools gladly and can have an acid tongue, or verbal
lacerations....

I've mounted my own investigation on people with bi-polar (real diagnosed and obviously noticable bi-polar) and they have always had a neptune aspect to mercury, be it a hard or soft aspect. I can't say it's consistent for Pluto, I have a very wide square to pluto (7 degrees separating), and since my mother is "bi-polar" (though in my research I don't believe she is in the least, uses it more as a crutch to escape responsibility, hers is a wide square, slightly over 6 degrees separating of Mercury square Neptune) then I want to be sure that I don't have it either, so I can't be bias and not include myself. Thanks for catching that, disregard my previous statement for now. Back to the books!

I can say with certainty that, a Pluto/merc connection can make your thoughts quite obsessive if left unchecked, and can really keep you locked into one thought pattern if other creative outlets are not pursued.

Last edited: