Can Astrology actually say whether we make advantage of our potential?

aystro

Let's say a person has a very promising birth chart regarding his/her career. Is it possible to determine whether the person will actually succeed in this part of life? Or is it just ' a possibility' ? i.e. it's not possible to say whether a person will achieve something or not?

Let's say a person has a very promising birth chart regarding his/her career. Is it possible to determine whether the person will actually succeed in this part of life? Or is it just ' a possibility' ? i.e. it's not possible to say whether a person will achieve something or not?
No, it's all about 'potential' astrology cannot tell you if you are a prince, pauper or prostitute either. Neither can it tell you if you are going to win the lottery next week. :love:

What Astrology Can and Can Not Do
http://www.ofspirit.com/susanmiller1.htm
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

dr. farr

It is my belief that macrocosmic analysis ("astrology") shows trends and likely potentials-usually the individual susceptible to these potentials will activate them, at least to some extent: but I am not aware of any astrologically based analysis which will show whether or not the individual will in fact activate those trends, or to what degree they will do so.
Other divinatory methods, however, can show such likelihood-special Tarot and I Ching techniques can do so with a great deal of accuracy.

astro09

PHP:
 but that will not happen if we choose/exercise our freewill to be (say) an accountant...

...Waiting forever is the destiny of those who await their destiny.

Well said.

aystro

Mars would almost certainly be an indicator, Lacellrein......but it's the chart as a whole that tends to reveal whether we are likely to be dreamers, thinkers or doers...and which of our available life paths we will most probably follow unconsciously, whilst believing we are exercising freewill.

For example, my own chart (at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/album.php?albumid=143&pictureid=624 ) has Uranus on Gemini MC, both ruled by Mercury in Scorpio/2nd (which also rules the Virgo Ascendant/chart)....So, Uranus and Mercury point to a potential career as an astrologer......Nevertheless, I became an accountant...

...because Sagitarrius Mars conjunct Jupiter in Capricorn/4th (on IC and trine Saturn in Virgo/11th) drove me to seek a "safe, secure and well-paid" profession that my family/community would respect...

...Hence, astrology was always "destined" to be only a hobby for me...due to my psychological make-up.

EJ

Why do you look at at the mars and jupiter , saturn ? Where do you find the psychology for ' safe, secure and well -paid' from those planets ?

Your Asc => Venus is in the first house ruled by the first house. And like you said 10th ( with the moon ) ruled by the 2nd. It's just seems that you went totally against everything that you are.

Do you find your self emotionally disconnected from being an accountant?

Aystro,

EJ was just citing an example. In my own case I have Uranus in 7th close trine to MC in Saggi. I love teaching astrology -- but hardly anyone can make a living do astrology unless you have literary skills and write a book :biggrin:

Saggi also enjoys 9th house matters like The Law and in fact I am a legal secretary to pay the bills but my heart is with astrology (and other things of course) and the 'aspects' show along with 3basics, Sun, Moon and Asc show our basic drives and functions. Then the elements show a prepondence for practical matters (earth) emotional matters (water) communications/thinking (air) and energy drive and action (fire). It's a synthesis of lots of different things

Your Asc => Venus is in the first house ruled by the first house

EJ's Asc is late Virgo not early Libra rising, so mercury is chart ruler in 2nd scorpio. Notice all his planets on left side of chart and 4above and 6below, suggesting someone who 'initiates' and focuses on self, 2nd house beliefs personal values, self esteem, 3rd house communications and 4th house of family matters.

BUT his N Node is in 8th house in taurus, which really needs security and physical things for it to feel secure, plus in 8th house of joint finances/resources and 'other people's beliefs and values as opposed to 2nd house (his own) So the challenge is as taurus is linked to 2nd by sign, to incorporate other peoples beliefs and value systems whilst retaining what's valid and appropriate for him. Plus learning to use 'others' resources in a practical taurean way, one of those is property. So maybe EJ you are meant to acquire property through inheritances?

Last edited: