Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Mundane Astrology

Mundane Astrology Discuss the astrology of towns, cities, states, provinces, countries, empires, and the world in general.

Unread 03-08-2020, 05:52 PM

Re: USA Nov. 2020 Presidential Election, the Democrat Party Contenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Biden seems to be considering picking a woman for his running mate. What's your take on Amy Klobuchar, since she's no longer running for President, and has thrown her support to his candidacy?

Well . . . you may have called it correctly!

Article entitled: Did Amy Klobuchar Just Accidentally Reveal That She’s Been Chosen As Biden’s Running Mate?
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ontent=weekend

Unread 03-08-2020, 06:02 PM

He chaired Judiciary which is also pretty close to the top.

The problem with “anyone with a pulse but Trump” is that it steadily follows the lemmings over the cliff on the right.
Unread 03-08-2020, 06:11 PM

Smile Re: USA Nov. 2020 Presidential Election, the Democrat Party Contenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
He chaired Judiciary which is also pretty close to the top.

The problem with “anyone with a pulse but Trump” is that it steadily follows the lemmings over the cliff on the right.
How about, even "a pig in a poke" ?
Unread 03-08-2020, 06:35 PM

Trump's a hypnotic python. Takes an alligator to beat him, and the only two the Dems have are Joe and Bernie.
Unread 03-08-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Trump's a hypnotic python. Takes an alligator to beat him, and the only two the Dems have are Joe and Bernie.

Are pythons hypnotic? Cobras, yes. Pythons?

King cobras are impressively venomous, large snakes native to Asia. They are called king cobras because they can kill and eat cobras. The snakes eaten by the king cobra are mostly the larger harmless species, such as pythons up to about ten feet (3 meters) in length.

My advice: Do not let your guard down regarding China . . . .

Trusted Psychic Jean Dixon's last prediction, made on her deathbed, was that “The United States will decline and the hope for mankind will be in the East. China will replace the United States as superpower of the world.” Are you ready for that?

Bernie and Biden? I like Bernie, but not his ideology. I do not like Biden. He's too handsy with young children plus his dementia . . . I believe the DNC will be forced to bring on someone stronger at the National Convention. Hill and Michael top that list.

Perhaps charting a solar return for both is in order.
Unread 03-08-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecile View Post
Are pythons hypnotic? Cobras, yes. Pythons?

King cobras are impressively venomous, large snakes native to Asia. They are called king cobras because they can kill and eat cobras. The snakes eaten by the king cobra are mostly the larger harmless species, such as pythons up to about ten feet (3 meters) in length.

My advice: Do not let your guard down regarding China . . . .

Trusted Psychic Jean Dixon's last prediction, made on her deathbed, was that “The United States will decline and the hope for mankind will be in the East. China will replace the United States as superpower of the world.” Are you ready for that?

Bernie and Biden? I like Bernie, but not his ideology. I do not like Biden. He's too handsy with young children plus his dementia . . . I believe the DNC will be forced to bring on someone stronger at the National Convention. Hill and Michael top that list.

Perhaps charting a solar return for both is in order.
In "The Jungle Book" -{Rudyard Kipling}, the giant python, Kaa, hypnotized his prey.

Bernie might be more of a mongoose than an alligator, and they win against cobras because of their quickness and immunity to the venom. But, they would be no threat to a python. It's the home-grown alligators that are battling the recent invasion of Pythons.

Check this out: From what I've read, the alligators have learned a new trick--TREE CLIMBING, to go after the python eggs!

I don't think Biden's got dementia. He's always been known to say off-the-wall things. I agree it's that stellium in his H12. If he's nominated, it will be alligator versus python, advantage....alligator.
Unread 03-08-2020, 08:48 PM

I'm hoping Biden and Sanders take it somewhat easy on each other in the next debate, and savage Trump instead. No sense giving ammunition to Trump at Election time. And, that if one of them ends up winning the nomination, the other will lend EFFECTIVE, not lukewarm, support.
Unread 03-08-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
How about, even "a pig in a poke" ?
Sorry, Harvey Weinstein won't be running this time around. Perhaps in ten to twenty?
Unread 03-08-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:
In "The Jungle Book" -{Rudyard Kipling}, the giant python, Kaa, hypnotized his prey.

Bernie might be more of a mongoose than an alligator, and they win against cobras because of their quickness and immunity to the venom. But, they would be no threat to a python. It's the home-grown alligators that are battling the recent invasion of Pythons.

Check this out: From what I've read, the alligators have learned a new trick--TREE CLIMBING, to go after the python eggs!

I don't think Biden's got dementia. He's always been known to say off-the-wall things. I agree it's that stellium in his H12. If he's nominated, it will be alligator versus python, advantage....alligator.
Biden is a snake himself.

Check out one of his baby pictures, I came across some years ago...

Unread 03-08-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercethevale View Post
Sorry, Harvey Weinstein won't be running this time around. Perhaps in ten to twenty?
Sobering thought:

If we still have Presidential elections by then. Because if Trump realizes his desire to become "President for life", with Donald Jr. as his appointed successor, there won't be any.

Last edited by david starling; 03-08-2020 at 09:55 PM.
Unread 03-08-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Biden is . . . well . . . not well . . .

Is it mongooses or mongeese? It's fascinating how nature parallels politics. But Biden . . . ? Oy Gevalt! Biden has made major mistakes way beyond off the wall statements. He's mistaken his sister for his wife, the state he's rallying in for another, etc.

I don't see Biden's 12th house stellium as a positive. To be fair, I pulled up Trump's chart and he has both Neptune and Mars in his 12th both favorably aspected. I have Pluto in Leo in the 12th and understand the covertness, secrecy, stealthiness, and even scheming nature within the 12th House. I also have a combust stellium in 7th which is quite intense. The energies and vibrations of a stellium tend to combine, collude and confuse. Bernie's 12th is, well, I've not looked at PTV's chart for Bernie, so I cannot comment at this time. However I would hate for Bernie to have the Fixed Star Zubenelgenubi (15 degrees 05 hours Scorpio plus or minus 1 degree 40 hours) on his ascendant having personally had personal dealing with one such man. (It's been 6 months and all 5 stages of grief ongoing. Never in my life has anyone . . . but that's another story.)
Unread 03-09-2020, 06:26 AM

I'm getting a disturbing impression that Bernie and his most avid supporters see a Biden Presidency as being as bad as Trump's.
Unread 03-09-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I'm getting a disturbing impression that Bernie and his most avid supporters see a Biden Presidency as being as bad as Trump's.

bleh meme to big o post

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 03-09-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Unread 03-09-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:

3.5% unemployment rate under Trump is a bad thing?

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Unread 03-09-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
3.5% unemployment rate under Trump is a bad thing?
Biden isn't aspiring to become a dictator, with control over the Senate and the Supreme Court.
Unread 03-09-2020, 04:47 PM

Kamala Harris has endorsed Biden. Whether Biden or Sanders gets the nomination, the Democrats HAVE to unite behind him. Not sure Bernie will be willing to make a real effort to do that if Biden gets it.
Unread 03-09-2020, 11:16 PM

I thought that many of you might be interested in this. It is a test, a very carefully constructed one at that, in that the creators of it went to great lengths to keep it as objective as they could possibly come up with.
You will find that although some of the questions are certainly topical for the times, they are worded in a way so as to keep the answers from being given a slant to either one side or the other.
An old friend from my high school days, albeit not a close friend, I haven't seen him since 1969 or '70, and we were only teammates on the Tennis team, He graduated a year before I did.... He turned me on to this test, he was placed well to the right of Ronald Reagan, and more to the upper end of the graph... towards "communitarian"
There are over thirty questions, some not easily answered, I found out... at least they weren't easy for me to answer, but ultimately I believe I did answer them accurately...as to my political beliefs, that is.

Here's a screen shot of my results. As one will notice I'm just a bit more away from the liberal end, than president Clinton ...which was a shock to me, as I haven't any admiration for the man, but this test isn't about personalities, or personality disorders either for that matter.
I'm comfortable as to where they have me placed...almost a bullseye, dead center... for some reason I think that has to be the ideal political identity, one who is right in the middle of the road and not inclined to turn to either side, nor even move at all, for that matter.

Here's my results, in the upper graph, for those that can't figure that out.
It's a test for us Yanks, the rest of the world needn't bother, unless you want to see how you'd be assessed if you were a citizen of the U.S.?

Here's the link to the test...
https://www.idrlabs.com/political-coordinates/test.php

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-09-2020 at 11:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to piercethevale For This Useful Post:
david starling (03-09-2020)
Unread 03-09-2020, 11:30 PM

Ptv, are you comfortable with placing Biden and Sanders and Trump on the grid from what you know about them?

"Communitarian" is a strange counterpart to "Liberal"!
Unread 03-09-2020, 11:40 PM

*question #4 was a stickler for me. Its such a generic question, and is more in the gray area to me. So I answered YES, re-distribute the wealth of the country. After all, Tr. Pluto cj. natal Pluto in the Sibley will demand a lot of changes regarding 2nd house assets.

Question 17 stumped me too, because I'm more moderate to say, "give more to foreign countries", Being forced to choose a yes or no, I'd say NO (with caveats, lol)

Question 18 - is another tough one, but I'd have to say "yes" some are more enemy then not.

My political coordinates are 19.4% Left, 25% Liberal

I wonder WHY I'm not as far to the left as Obama when I'm anti-war and he isn't? Not sure, but the questions do cause you to think

The stronger military question vs stronger diplomacy, I went for the latter. Walk softly but carry a big stick

Last edited by leomoon; 03-09-2020 at 11:45 PM. Reason: added graph
The Following User Says Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
piercethevale (03-10-2020)
Unread 03-09-2020, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
*question #4 was a stickler for me. Its such a generic question, and is more in the gray area to me. So I answered YES, re-distribute the wealth of the country. After all, Tr. Pluto cj. natal Pluto in the Sibley will demand a lot of changes regarding 2nd house assets.

Question 17 stumped me too, because I'm more moderate to say, "give more to foreign countries", Being forced to choose a yes or no, I'd say NO (with caveats, lol)

Question 18 - is another tough one, but I'd have to say "yes" some are more enemy then not.

My political coordinates are 19.4% Left, 25% Liberal

I wonder WHY I'm not as far to the left as Obama when I'm anti-war and he isn't? Not sure, but the questions do cause you to think

The stronger military question vs stronger diplomacy, I went for the latter. Walk softly but carry a big stick

I was 30.6% by 30.6% Liberal and Left.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (03-10-2020), piercethevale (03-10-2020)
Unread 03-10-2020, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Ref: I was 30.6% by 30.6% Liberal and Left.
Just goes to show you, we don't know people as well as we think we do from social media, etc.

I did the Pooh test, turns out, that's more who I am after all, ADD

Unread 03-10-2020, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Ptv, are you comfortable with placing Biden and Sanders and Trump on the grid from what you know about them?

"Communitarian" is a strange counterpart to "Liberal"!
I didn't place anyone on the graph, not even myself, unless one insists it is so by my answering the questions.
I wouldn't know where to place Biden or Sanders and perhaps all the more uncertain for the reason I was quite surprised to discover where I am considered to belong on the graph.

But, then again, politics has never been "my bag". It's not a subject that I've much interest in as a science, nor as a 'liberal art', not in an academic sense, anyways.
I look for spiritual qualities in the people I vote for...and even the issues, when voting on legislation.
Which, may seem to be a rather difficult thing to discern if one believes what allegedly happened during the forty days that Jesus/Yeshu'a spent in the desert, when the "Devil" offered, as a temptation to the Nazarene, political power and told Him, in so many words, that he owned that realm, lock, stock, and barrel.

That's a very tough path to choose for anyone that is also trying to keep firmly on a spiritual path simultaneously. Mohandas Gandhi comes immediately to my mind as I only, relatively, recently found out when I was talking to a new owner of a local small grocery store, a Sikh. Having recently, at that time, studied the natal chart of India, in response to a thread here in this forum concerning the confusion about the natal chart of modern India [as a political State]. As the Sabian Symbolism that India's natal chart contains, is so very perfect, imho, for the land and its peoples I have to give Mohandas the credit, in a way, because it was He that got the British to agree to a time and date for the transition to occur... and whether by design or providence, it matters little, as to the manner Gandhi chose to pursue that independence. By non-violent means.
The Sikh gentleman was incensed and was livid, he got very angry and became all the more angry with every passing second I remained in his store. His wife did, kind of offer a bit of an apology, more of an explanation , really...as she spoke to me briefly, once I was outside the store.

Apparently many of the Sikhs in India wanted British blood for what the British had done to India during their occupation of the land. As the owner of the store wasn't more than about 35 years old, [this happened around 2015] I doubt that even His father had been born before India got its independence back in 1948. Yet, the Mahatma is still vilified, still scorned, by a great number of people that weren't even alive, as they hadn't even been born yet, by the time Mohandas died.

Tulsi Gabbard is experiencing the difficulties of being true to Her faith and remaining in the race for the nomination of the Democrat candidate.Immediately after she won delegates in Samoa, the DNC changed the rules as for to qualify, to be allowed, to participate in the next debate.

P.S. Yes, the term "Communitarian" is a new one to me, as well. They apparently went to lengths to even keep the results from being taken as "slanted" towards any particular political party in existence. But I think we can all figure out which is primarily which...

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-10-2020 at 04:50 AM.
Unread 03-10-2020, 04:52 AM

The British partition of India was the price paid for independence. It split the northern region in half, tearing people from the ancestral lands that were literally the givers of their names, and caused violence and bloodshed. Downplaying its significance would make someone with roots in the area mad, like a Holocaust denier might. FYI
Partition officially happened the day before an exact Saturn-Pluto conjunction.

Last edited by passiflora; 03-10-2020 at 04:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
piercethevale (03-10-2020)
Unread 03-10-2020, 05:05 AM

P.P.S. I am curious as to just whom they might suggest belongs in the green quadrant?
I'm on the border, obviously, and a friend in Iowa, also was placed on the horizon line, as like myself [it I may call it that?] but He's over to the left of me about...well, all the way to the left, actually.
I am a bit curious as to how one answers what to which questions in order to achieve
that.

He is a bit as like myself at presen on the political situation here in the States. He didn't vote for Trump, but doesn't find any great problems with his present performance, at least certainly not enough to have attempted to have him removed from office...and is also thankful that Hilary didn't get elected.
I'm not sure whom He is presently hoping to see get the office in November. It may be Trump this time around, for all I know.
I do know that He likes Bernie, but I don't know if that means he voted for Him in the primaries or will in November if He does win the nomination.
Like me, He was a "working stiff" all his life... and He went right into the labor force after h.s. ...except He did take a great deal of training over the years as fr he was/is a most qualified, and excellent automotive mechanic.
e was a year behind me in high school and I only know him through a mutual friend, the late Ed Skrocki, the fellow that introduced me to Clarisse, the clairvoyant and got me a publisher, for my book. He lives almost solely from his Social Security, as his 401 K didn't do so well after the turn of the century...gee, go figure.
He presently lives in Iowa because the rents are so doggone inexpensive, comparatively.
Unread 03-10-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
The British partition of India was the price paid for independence. It split the northern region in half, tearing people from the ancestral lands that were literally the givers of their names, and caused violence and bloodshed. Downplaying its significance would make someone with roots in the area mad, like a Holocaust denier might. FYI
Partition officially happened the day before an exact Saturn-Pluto conjunction.
Yes, but some Sikhs wanted even more blood shed, and ultimately, what would that have solved?
I wasn't there, in fact I wasn't even alive at the time. But, as to the natal chart if provides India with, as a nation from then on... that's a thing of beauty, it's a marvel to gaze at and ponder. Was it destiny that it had to be at that time, on that exact moment, or was it only by circustance, by random outcome, that it was given that natal chart?
As I have my own beliefs about the matter, as I think I understand what kind of man Mohandas was [in fact my present natal chart is so much as like His, that I asked in the Jotish forum, here at AW some years ago as to their opinions if I might have known the man in my previous lifetime...which, btw, was in India, a native of that land, a wealthy Hindu businessman, I'm told "with many gold rings, on all the fingers". It was the subject of a reading I had with my clairvoyant friend, Clarisse, some years ago. The opinion of a few members of that sub forum is that not only did I know Him, I must have known Him intimately. Clarisse confirmed that as well. As to being an 'Indian' in my last life, that was from a reading I got a few years before I ever saw Mohandas' natal chart.

I know that the majority of my past lives have been of, and in, that region of the world. I even was a ruler of some province or another, in one lifetime, in a time of great antiquity.. but that means little as to the here and now.
Other than an existence in Israel, in Egypt before that, and a number of lives since the 7th or 8th century in England and Western Europe, and one in colonial America as one of my own great uncles, I know nothing more about any of my past lives, except that there were a lot of them... I did get to see the wheel, that of all prior faces, just like the ferryman revealed to Siddhartha in the novel.., that was by the grace of Sri Rama, to whom I appealed for revelation... although I wasn't exactly specific, or so I thought. The mantra I was given to use, apparently is a manner of being specific.
It's the greatest reason behind why I so fervently appeal to my fellow Yanks, as to be tolerant of the beliefs of the Hindu's, and the Sikhs, as well,
As, here I am, in this lifetime, born and raised to be a Christian [in the beliefs of the Society of Friends, "Waiting Worship" that is to say old-school... Free Quakers since 1778] and I'm advocating for a true understanding of the man and the mission, the avatar given us for this yuga, this time, Yeshu'a of Nazareth, yet I owe so much to the Sanatan Dharm, the guruampara, to Vishnu, to Rama for the assistance and support. But as most Christians presently believe me to be a heretic, a kook, or something worse... it doesn't seem to help the cause at all, it might even hinder it. .. but I must give credit where it is due and to whom it is due.

If you haven't seen that thread that posed the question as to what is the true natal chart of modern India, and read my solution to the dilemma that no one, apparently, had been able to figure out what the solution was...as to why the chart they believed to be the accurate one just wasn't producing results. You might find it interesting. The Sabian Symbols did , once again, provide as a wonderful tool for rectification, but it was my understanding of as to when our own Creator gave for us as to consider when a day does actually begin... and my knowing that the capital of India is in a modified time zone, as for which I was able to come up with the answer.

As all time, for the purposes of the treaty, or accord, or agreement, what ever it is called that India and Great Britain signed in agreement as to India becoming free of British rule and becoming its own nation once again, is based on Greenwich time.. and, as both parties agreed that the event would take place at exactly when the day begun, at mid-night, at 12:00:01 A.M. that day... it had to be as to the correct and accurate time as to where the capital of India was. and India uses a modification of the time zone it is properly within by adding a half hour to the time.

Thus India believed its independence arrived a half hour before it actually had. The day begins when the Sun is directly conjunct the nadir in relation to the spot you stand upon. Only the Hebrews, that I know of, were given permission by God to account for time, in any manner they choose to... hence why they are correct in saying, as far as they are concerned, the day ends and a new one begins at sunset. For all the rest of us, it's otherwise.

It's also the answer as to why the stroke of mid-night, July 4, 1776 is the only correct time to use for a natal chart for the U.S.A. because the colonies declared their independence from Britain as of the beginning of that day. They declared so in union. In being absolutely true to the intent and and the fact, that we are independent political States, united, for the purpose of benefiting mutual, and sole, uniquely peculiar, interests that united independence, which has been maintained ever since, was declared to be in effect as of July 4th, 1776... and as Great Britain did surrender, became indelibly so

What the United States is is a union of States, separate political States... despite what anyone may say to the contrary, despite what Lincoln and the North may have thought, believed, etc. It doesn't matter.
Ask any citizen of the U.S.A at the stroke of midnight next July 4th, as to "what day is it?"... they will answer, "It's the United States' birthday"... the Constitution, Articles of Confederation... any and all of that stuff, was mere administrative hodge podgery.

Tags
2020, contenders, democrat, election, party, presidential