Which sign is weaker?

YonyGursho

I see what you're asking. You're trying to understand the sign's energy in its purest and most unadulterated form. I think waybread understands what you're asking and believes this is an unhelpful approach to astrological understanding. Correct me if I'm wrong, either of you.

I think what she's saying is that packaging and compartmentalizing zodiac sign energy isn't useful to her, since you'll never run into a pure sign energy in the 'real world'. I think you're attempting to look at sign energy as if it exists in a vacuum, but also asking how that untouched energy would manifest in the world. It seems a little contradictory and like it might hinder your explorations into making genuine insights into natal charts and astrology, assuming that is your goal.

You hit the nail on the head. Thank you for clarifying this lol.

waybread

Thanks, Moonkat.

Yony, if you're asking an inapt question, it's easy to think the other person doesn't get it. For example, if I were to ask you, why is the sky green with purple polka-dots, you'd respond by saying that my question is wrong-headed. If I came back and insisted that you didn't understand my question, we're getting nowhere in a hurry.

As I said previously:

We're agreed on 12 signs. Beyond that you can read pop-schlock astrology sites about signs as baskets of static personality traits, and pick and choose which traits you like and dislike. Which turns your astrology into a highly subjective ego-centric activity. Obviously, Astrology For Adults gets way beyond this.

Basically there is no "pure" expression of a sign in a horoscope. There is no pure expression of a sign up in the sky.

Just one minor correction to one of JA's posts: traditional astrologers use one traditional planetary ruler per sign. Modern astrologers may use Pluto, Neptune, and Uranus for Scorpio, Pisces, and Aquarius as the sole rulers, but many of us look at both.

petosiris

Banned
Jupiter, Mars and Venus rule Pisces. Each sign has two or three rulers.

OJUpA8e.png

petosiris

Banned
What proof is there that it's correct?

They were assigned based on increase or decrease of heat and moisture - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/1B*.html#17

This theory and hypothetical mechanism was then put into practice and had good results. If you think that Gemini has an affinity with Mercury, or Leo with Sun, you are already using what david termed the ''climatological'' paradigm, regardless of what you might think you are using them for.

Last edited:

YonyGursho

They were assigned based on increase or decrease of heat and moisture - http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/1B*.html#17

This theory and hypothetical mechanism was then put into practice and had good results. If you think that Gemini has an affinity with Mercury, or Leo with Sun, you are already using what david termed the ''climatological'' paradigm, regardless of what you might think you are using them for.

Oh ok, thanks for the information.

Humanitarian

No sign is weak at all, Yony, but Pisces is way stronger than Libra, because Piscean influence is worldwide, universal, and ruled by a generational planet, so it can help the Earth to be the best version of itself, but Libra has a smaller influence that is among their circle of friends.

MarsUranus

How can one judge anybody as weak when the mental footwork to provide detailed analysis and actual backed up observation is missing?

I think I am weak because because I am an a-hole sometimes and I am neither Pisces nor Libra and have no planets in either sign.
My thoughts are no different to anyone of these others saying these people are weak.

I mean at least explain???

JUPITERASC

i.e.

a Sign is comparable to an ENVIRONMENT
and is NEUTRAL

neither weak nor strong nor partial :)

and so

to use analogy from nature
a cactus thrives in sand in harsh sun
and
dies when placed in nutrient rich soil in shade

cactus-desert-landscape-16735642.jpg

i.e.
sand is NEUTRAL
sand IS NOT partial to cacti

similarly
SIGNS are IMPARTIAL and NEUTRAL

another example:

images

a mushroom thrives when placed in nutrient rich soil in darkness

and dies when placed in sand in harsh sun

i.e. to be clear then
nutrient rich ground is NEUTRAL and is not PARTIAL to mushrooms

similarly SIGNS are IMPARTIAL and NEUTRAL

hence clearly

Signs are COMPARABLE to an ENVIRONMENT

an environment is IMPARTIAL

SIGNS are neither weak nor strong

Signs are NEUTRAL

Humanitarian

Which sign is less aggressive, pisces or libra?

Libra is opposites with Aries, the sign of aggression itself. But pisces is all about universal compassion (though not necessarily universal love), sacrifices, and giving.

Both are passive and weak willed, and fragile. Although pisces is emotional whereas libra is not.
(My biased answer) Libra is more weak than Pisces, because Libra just seek compromise, but Pisces if evolved enough, can be a very strong-willed compassionate person that has strong beliefs in communism, anarchism and progressivism (Radical leftism, basically).

Humanitarian

(My biased answer) Libra is more weak than Pisces, because Libra just seek compromise, but Pisces if evolved enough, can be a very strong-willed compassionate person that has strong beliefs in communism, anarchism and progressivism (Radical leftism, basically).
But in reality, any sign can be strong, weak, or neither.