Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 05-27-2018, 12:27 PM

which neptune & uranus house placements more prone to escapism?

6th house Neptune and uranus – I do know somebody with these placements but they also have mercury there to 'balance it'.

What are thoughts about 6th house nep and uranus together, making this person lean towards escapism through drugs, alcohol or other forms to relieve daily responsibilities?

....always been interested in the idea of escapism through substance in the chart.

Last edited by or1000; 08-16-2018 at 04:25 AM.
Unread 06-02-2018, 12:19 AM

Re: which neptune & uranus house placements more prone to escapism?

I have unaspected first house Neptune and Sun/A.C. ruler, Jupiter, in Pisces. I can't honestly get the direct correlation to drugs (It seems much more Mars/Mercury correlated directly to drugs). Mercury being connected with Neptune in the 6th house (depending on the sign and house system) sounds like prone to substance issues. Escapism is most definetly Pisces and Neptune, my grandma is a tropical and sidereal Pisces she uses books to escape. I have a Mars mercury partile sextile (mercury angular in Scorpio, mars exalted in Capricorn), I use various things to relive stress (drink, smoke, sex,etc) however I use the stars, water, music, and spirituality to escape reality.

I am an empath and despite my Sun and Moon signs [sag and leo] I am a Pisces at the deepest level (could be my Lord of geneture/Sun and A.C. ruler in Pisces that does this). To get away from feeling everything too much I up and leave for her if moments, I go elsewhere to stay sane.
Unread 06-04-2018, 12:07 PM

Escapism is a weird concept. All people do escape reality in a certain way regardless of positions. Some read books, others watch movies or play sports. Some practice meditation, whatever it is, its not a bad thing. I don't know why escapism gained such a negative meaning. It's just detaching to regain strength. It's anoter thing that some people live in illusions but thats their reality and is very real to them so who are we to say whats escaping, whats real and what not.

I have Neptune and Uranus conjunct 12th hiuse cusp, and I've always had very realistic and prophetic dreams. Since an early age I was faced with invisible enemies (12th H) such as dark entities, and I do believe they are very real. Sometimes I get visits from dead people when I talk to someone close who lost a loved one, but it happens not too often. Basically this position of NE and UR opens my mind to the non physical realm a lot for good and bad. One could say this is my "escapism" from the 3 dimensional reality.
The Following User Says Thank You to ardentika For This Useful Post:
StelliumNoise (11-13-2018)
Unread 06-17-2018, 11:47 PM

Thank you for your take on the 6th house escapism tendencies. I do believe in some escapism to an extent, sometimes depends on whether they can shake themselves out of it without getting lost. For instance, could be viewed a more ‘softer’ form: daydreaming. But beings unable to get past that and bring things into a reality.

Last edited by or1000; 08-16-2018 at 04:21 AM.
Unread 06-18-2018, 12:35 AM

I don't try to escape since I know there is no way to escape for me.
My Uranus and Neptune conjunct 7th and 8th Cusp respectively.
Both in Sag and both have multiple planetery aspects.

http://imgur.com/m0qQlLl
Unread 06-18-2018, 02:37 AM

Smile Re: which neptune & uranus house placements more prone to escapism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentika View Post
Escapism is a weird concept. All people do escape reality in a certain way regardless of positions. Some read books, others watch movies or play sports. Some practice meditation, whatever it is, its not a bad thing. I don't know why escapism gained such a negative meaning. It's just detaching to regain strength. It's anoter thing that some people live in illusions but thats their reality and is very real to them so who are we to say whats escaping, whats real and what not.

I have Neptune and Uranus conjunct 12th hiuse cusp, and I've always had very realistic and prophetic dreams. Since an early age I was faced with invisible enemies (12th H) such as dark entities, and I do believe they are very real. Sometimes I get visits from dead people when I talk to someone close who lost a loved one, but it happens not too often. Basically this position of NE and UR opens my mind to the non physical realm a lot for good and bad. One could say this is my "escapism" from the 3 dimensional reality.
What we're "escaping" are the required scheduling and required activities of a dominating, materialistic social order, which is often out of synch with our own, personal preferences, abilities, and bio-rhythms. As you say, NOT taking time out for oneself can be very injurious to one's own mental and physical health. The problem is when the MEANS of "escape" becomes so obsessive and/or debilitating, that those social requirements become absolutely impossible to meet, and can in itself have serious health-repercussions.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
StillOne (11-15-2018)
Unread 06-18-2018, 02:45 AM

Another good point, is that the label "escapism" is usually applied only to those "escapist" tendencies that lack social approval, and may be even illegal.
Unread 06-18-2018, 02:53 AM

For me, H12, which I've labeled "Imagination", is my best "escape" area. I think of H6 as my House of Chores, and it is possible to "escape" there as well, and become a "workaholic".

Last edited by david starling; 06-18-2018 at 02:55 AM.
Unread 06-18-2018, 03:01 AM

If the method used for recharging and taking time for one's own personal needs has Social approval, it's usually labeled "leisure activity" rather than "escapism". Although, the Travel Industry does use the term "Escape" in a Socially acceptable way.
StelliumNoise (11-18-2018)
Unread 06-18-2018, 12:53 PM

I think with it being the house of health, Neptune here brings about fragmented psychosomatic issues which I would say contributes to an overall exhaustion. Becomes a bit of a blur as to why things are going wrong in the body. Uranus here, would make them unexpected and kind of turn up at the most random times. To go further into a Neptunian realm of substance abuse almost seems like a means to soothe this mysterious poor health and fragmented daydream like daily life. This is an example.

Last edited by or1000; 06-18-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Unread 06-18-2018, 12:57 PM

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/astro...rowley-59/amp/
Unread 06-18-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by or1000 View Post
I think with it being the house of health, Neptune here brings about fragmented psychosomatic issues which I would say contributes to an overall exhaustion. Becomes a bit of a blur as to why things are going wrong in the body. Uranus here, would make them unexpected and kind of turn up at the most random times. To go further into a Neptunian realm of substance abuse almost seems like a means to soothe this mysterious poor health and fragmented daydream like daily life. This is an example.
Since I experience both of these Planets as beneficial influences, I would say they're less likely to cause the PROBLEMATIC sort of "escapism" than Mars or Saturn. Their effect is most noticeable in Houses 6 &12, but not necessarily in a bad way, and usually even in a good way. [IMO]
or1000 (08-16-2018)
Unread 06-22-2018, 12:33 AM

Very interesting topic It seems a sensible point there (6th and 12th houses) for escapist behaviors.

Personally, i consider escapism to the abuse of activities of substances that, in their fair measure (excluding "heavy drugs" here, for their well known negative effects) are useful for us to recharge energies.

To this, i would also propose the 3rd and 9th house axis (for Neptune and / or Uranus). The 3rd for its interference with our thinking patterns and the 9th for the excessive identification with a particular philosophy or religion (approaching it in potential terms, not "you have it there, so you are lost" kind of approach).
The Following User Says Thank You to Hades055 For This Useful Post:
david starling (06-22-2018)
Unread 06-22-2018, 04:52 AM

The Uranian influence interferes with thought patterns that are stuck in a rut, and going nowhere. Neptune exposes "spiritual" practices that are really materialism in disguise. So, both can be disturbing in a beneficial way. [IMO]
Hades055 (06-22-2018)
Unread 11-13-2018, 12:52 AM

Whats in your 5th house?
Unread 11-13-2018, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StelliumNoise View Post
Whats in your 5th house?
Sounds like that Capital One advertisement "What's in your wallet?"
Anyhow, if you're asking me, mine is empty.
StelliumNoise (11-18-2018)
Unread 11-13-2018, 01:26 AM

I do believe that Neptune in the 4th house squaring 1st house planets is a huge huge marker for “escapism” the desire to escape goes right to the core of the self and is usually a result of childhood abuse or neglect. Not always obviously, but it’s a strong puzzle piece which will slot into place (talking compulsive, addictive personalities) in conjunction with other markers in the chart.
Unread 11-13-2018, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsareround View Post
I do believe that Neptune in the 4th house squaring 1st house planets is a huge huge marker for “escapism” the desire to escape goes right to the core of the self and is usually a result of childhood abuse or neglect. Not always obviously, but it’s a strong puzzle piece which will slot into place (talking compulsive, addictive personalities) in conjunction with other markers in the chart.
Interesting. I'll watch for that.
Unread 11-14-2018, 06:03 AM

My Uranus in 5th (Scorpio) and Neptune in 6th (Sagittarius) made me sought an escape from the grind of reality, my life isn't full of optimism anyways. The Aquarius sign ruler squares Sun and Moon in that sign, and Neptune squares Mercury in 9th, as well squares Mars/Jupiter/Saturn conjunction in 3rd. And Pluto is in Libra in 4th opposite Venus in 10th - I sought a sweet escape like traveling, relocation and imagination of myself living out my deep fantasies.
Unread 11-14-2018, 06:35 AM

Ouranos() in Scorpio: Facilitating Ability
Neptune in Sagittarius: Facilitating Ability
Moon in Aquarius: Exalted
Ascendant in Mer(): Exalted
Mercury in Aquarius: Sense of Purpose, Motivational
Mercury in Pisces: Facilitating Ability
[From a new pattern I'm working on when time permits.]
Unread 11-14-2018, 02:53 PM

If Neptune and Uranus are responsible for the desire to escape reality then I'd say the houses where mine are placed are significant: Uranus in 6th, Neptune in 7th (or in 8th if you prefer whole sign houses). Pisces moon or Venus in 12th might also contribute. I do feel this is a Pisces thing.

I would point out, though, that everything we do in life that isn't actively thinking about our mortality could be seen as a form of escaping reality. We're just busy busy busy doing all this **** that doesn't matter in the slightest. That's what I see when I watch people making money, getting famous, fighting in traffic, or whatever. I think about my own mortality and the meaning of life several times a day and have for as long as I can remember my thoughts. It's the first place my mind goes when I have free time. I think it's why I'm prone to depression. My life is one big pursuit of levity.
Unread 11-14-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
If Neptune and Uranus are responsible for the desire to escape reality then I'd say the houses where mine are placed are significant: Uranus in 6th, Neptune in 7th (or in 8th if you prefer whole sign houses). Pisces moon or Venus in 12th might also contribute. I do feel this is a Pisces thing.

I would point out, though, that everything we do in life that isn't actively thinking about our mortality could be seen as a form of escaping reality. We're just busy busy busy doing all this **** that doesn't matter in the slightest. That's what I see when I watch people making money, getting famous, fighting in traffic, or whatever. I think about my own mortality and the meaning of life several times a day and have for as long as I can remember my thoughts. It's the first place my mind goes when I have free time. I think it's why I'm prone to depression. My life is one big pursuit of levity.
Moon in Pisces: Sense of Purpose, Motivational

"Workaholics" escape through work activity. They usually get admired for it, but it can wreak emotional havoc on family relationships. Even leisure activity, like golf and other physical games are escapist. It's usually applied only to using mood altering substances, and/or just chilling and "doing nothing". Here's one--is meditation a type of escape?
Witchyone (11-14-2018)
Unread 11-14-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Moon in Pisces: Sense of Purpose, Motivational
Where is that from?

Quote:
"Workaholics" escape through work activity. They usually get admired for it, but it can wreak emotional havoc on family relationships. Even leisure activity, like golf and other physical games are escapist. It's usually applied only to using mood altering substances, and/or just chilling and "doing nothing". Here's one--is meditation a type of escape?
I guess it depends on what is real.

If the rat race is real, then meditation is an escape from it. If it's manufactured activity to keep us from noticing we're all about to die, then you could say meditation slows us down to the only moment that we know is real, the current one. The past is just a memory, and the future might not come.
Unread 11-14-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Where is that from?

I guess it depends on what is real.

If the rat race is real, then meditation is an escape from it. If it's manufactured activity to keep us from noticing we're all about to die, then you could say meditation slows us down to the only moment that we know is real, the current one. The past is just a memory, and the future might not come.
Another way to look at meditation is that it's a way to recharge your biological batteries so you can continue the day's rat race more successfully. Shorter time than taking a nap, which is optimal, because in the rat race, time is of the essence. You're right--it depends on one's version of which "reality" you're escaping from. For me, the rat race itself is an escape from reality, with disastrous results. Neptune tunes us in to what's really "real", if there even IS a true reality. Its influence is therefore anti-rat race. So, of course, those who value the delusions associated with the rat race have branded Neptune as a "delusional" influence.
Unread 11-14-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Where is that from?

It's from a new pattern I'm deciphering, little by little. It's based primarily on the transtions from Sign to Sign, in direct motion, using the Modalities and Elements. Although it has major differences from both Trad and standard Mod, it has similarities also. I'm working on a table of Dignities. In the pattern, the Moon is the "Motivator" for Pisces, and the Sign it rules () is Catalytic to the ongoing transition from Pisces to Aries. Notice that has the same Element as Pisces and the Modality of Aries. It works that way around the circle of the tropical Zodiac, with a number of different categories included, Motivator/Catalyst being one of them.
Witchyone (11-15-2018)

Tags
escapism, house, neptune, placements, prone, uranus