Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Degree Symbols

Degree Symbols Discuss your experiences with all symbol systems based on astrological degrees in the chart (i.e., Sabian Symbols, Kozminsky Symbols, etc.): the symbols for the transiting Sun and Moon and the events of your life, the symbols of your natal chart...

Unread 02-28-2018, 10:54 PM

The secrets of the zodiac degrees

*Video removed*

Last edited by Chrysalis; 03-08-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Unread 03-02-2018, 04:41 AM

Re: The secrets of the zodiac degrees

In oldtime astrology (Greek times) each degree had what is called a "monomoiria" connection, either with a planet or with a zodiacal sign; also, up to Renaissance times, each degree could be classified as either "bright", "dark" or "mixed" in quality, in addition to the "celestial topography" of each degree (which I have reproduced in my "Elevated & Pitted Degrees" thread here on AW)
Unread 03-02-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
In oldtime astrology (Greek times) each degree had what is called a "monomoiria" connection, either with a planet or with a zodiacal sign; also, up to Renaissance times, each degree could be classified as either "bright", "dark" or "mixed" in quality, in addition to the "celestial topography" of each degree (which I have reproduced in my "Elevated & Pitted Degrees" thread here on AW)
I use your elevated/pitted degree in all my charts, and they work very well. Im also aware of the degrees Azimene/Anaretic...

I was just never aware of these zodiacal degrees up until now, so im now incorporating these too, as i find these ones even more fascinating.
Unread 03-08-2018, 08:37 PM

This is stretching the orientation of the subject of this particular sub-forum quite a bit.
This is not specifically about degree symbols but rather association of particular degrees with House placement in relation to Signs as they are oriented to the Tropical Zodiac.

I, personally, have no faith in Signs as they are oriented to the Tropical Zodiac.
I only use the Tropical Zodiac as to when and where what specific Sabian Symbol is to be consulted.

The Signs are in effect only as they are found to presently be in the Sidereal... imho, course.
The Following User Says Thank You to piercethevale For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (03-08-2018)
Unread 03-08-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercethevale View Post
This is stretching the orientation of the subject of this particular sub-forum quite a bit.
This is not specifically about degree symbols but rather association of particular degrees with House placement in relation to Signs as they are oriented to the Tropical Zodiac.

I, personally, have no faith in Signs as they are oriented to the Tropical Zodiac.
I only use the Tropical Zodiac as to when and where what specific Sabian Symbol is to be consulted.

The Signs are in effect only as they are found to presently be in the Sidereal... imho, course.
I agree with you. My sidereal chart speaks much more to me I'd say according to it I'm a mercurial Scorpio, it's at a critical degree was the fist planet to rise in my life is angular and Conj. The AC loosely. It's in Scorpio .06 away from being exactly sextile to mars, parallel to the sun and the leader of a Concentration of energy in Scorpio. My tropical zodiac my Mercury is debilitated bc of the sun and weak bc it's in the 12th house sag.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whoam1 For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (03-08-2018), piercethevale (03-08-2018)
Unread 03-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercethevale View Post

I tend to agree with your general position about sidereal. May I ask then, why you use the tropical zodiac when consulting the Sabian Symbols?
Thank you.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Unread 03-09-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
I tend to agree with your general position about sidereal. May I ask then, why you use the tropical zodiac when consulting the Sabian Symbols?
Thank you.
I only use the Tropical Zodiac for the reason that they are permanently affixed to the Spring Equinox and thus correspond exactly to the degrees of the Tropical Zodiac as Dane Rudhyar and Marc Edmond Jones have them listed as.
The Spring Equinox will always correspond with Aries 01* of the Tropical Zodiac as will the Vernal Equinox correspond with Libra 01*, the Summer Solstice with Cancer 01* and the Winter Solstice with Capricorn 01*.
Of course these coordinates are relevant to the Northern Hemisphere. If you are in the Southern Hemisphere the Fall Equinox corresponds with Aries 01* and so on.
Thus these precepts obviously do not emanate from the constellations. My theory is that they emanate from our own Sun.
The Following User Says Thank You to piercethevale For This Useful Post:
IleneK (03-09-2018)
Unread 03-10-2018, 08:49 PM

I should have added to my post above that I have a second theory that they are administered by the angelic.
Unread 10-10-2018, 12:33 PM

Interesting, do you suppose then that the tropical and sidereal degree for each point and planet degree will be saying the same thing albeit in a different language?
Unread 10-23-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuriv View Post
Interesting, do you suppose then that the tropical and sidereal degree for each point and planet degree will be saying the same thing albeit in a different language?
There's only one set of degree symbols to my knowledge and those are the Sabian Symbols which aren't of the degrees but rather in attendance, or one might say, attendant to the degrees, the 360 that make up the earths' orbit around our Sun, they just happen to correspond with the Tropical Zodiac.

Tags
degrees, secrets, zodiac