Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Research and Development

Research and Development This is a forum designed for applying scientific methods and understanding to all approaches of astrology, cooperative formulation and testing of new ideas, re-examination of known methods of delineation and interpretation, and the exploration of new astrological methods of all kinds (e.g. heliocentric models, planetary nodes and apogees, etc.).

Unread 09-28-2017, 04:26 AM

Re: Do You Have A Grand Trine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjackieward7 View Post
I do, you are actually an astrologer? that would be great to have my chart analyze....
Hi mjackieward7,

Yes I actually am an astrologer and feel free to send your horoscope details, and the question or issue your are working with. I need time, date, and location.

Thanks,

Dave

Unread 09-28-2017, 04:38 AM

Absolutely a grand trine that involves the angles counts. Purists would say otherwise but if angles don't count in a Grand Trine then why would they count in any measurement? If angles are unreliable then why would we use them at all?

The problem is really establishing the birth time. So if we are sure of the birth time then we can do all kinds of things with a horoscope. If we are not sure of the birth time then we become a lot more limited about everything in the horoscope.
Unread 09-28-2017, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belabismo View Post
Can you ever have a grand trine with your north node? My node, sun, and jupiter connect. Not all same element tho, all water houses.
Let's think about this! Some will say that you can't have a Grand Trine with the nodal axis. Why not?

A Grand Trine is really just a midpoint picture. I have not looked at your chart but assuming your Sun and Jupiter are trine and the nodal axis is the midpoint of those two planets then why is that not a legitimate measurement forming a Grand Trine?

Perhaps because it does not fit a classical definition of what a Grand Trine is and is not? .... but yet the measurement is still there. The nodal axis will have an influence on the relationship of the Sun-Jupiter contact (in this case a trine).

I personally do not look at the nodal axis when looking for Grand Trines. I limit it to the planets and the angles of the chart. Just because I am always looking for the most prominent aspects in a horoscope, and I would usually give the angles more weight.

There could be situations where the nodal axis and two other planets are the most prominent feature in a horoscope and I don't think it should just be arbitrarily ruled out because it does not fit a textbook definition of what a Grand Trine should be.
The Following User Says Thank You to newinsightastrology For This Useful Post:
belabismo (10-03-2017)
Unread 09-29-2017, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belabismo View Post
That's very condescending. Much love to you.
I apologize, did not mean to offend anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjackieward7 For This Useful Post:
belabismo (10-03-2017)
Unread 09-29-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newinsightastrology View Post
Hi mjackieward7,

Yes I actually am an astrologer and feel free to send your horoscope details, and the question or issue your are working with. I need time, date, and location.

Thanks,

Dave
Here, is my chart with my birth information, hopeful you have the opportunity to do a reading.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2ata_jackie.10945.12893.jpg (54.6 KB, 14 views)
Unread 09-29-2017, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainlily View Post
^ Hi Zarathu! Is that so? I was under the impression that the kite in my chart had an Earth grand trine. And that there is another grand trine in fire. I am a newbie so maybe I am wrong in my perception. Hehe I will just attach my chart so you guys could check. Thank you!

you have a really cool chart
Unread 10-28-2017, 01:48 PM

@HappyJupiter trying to answer your PM but your inbox is full
Unread 10-30-2017, 05:17 PM

Hey there I have a Grand Air Trine involving my Sun, Mars, and Moon/Uranus conjunction.. and Kite with Chiron. I'll post my chart here and pm you more details. Best of luck with your research!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AlexandraNatalNoInfo.jpg (52.6 KB, 6 views)

"Vision is the art of seeing things invisible." ~Swift

"If I exorcise my devils, well my angels may leave too." ~Tom Waits
Unread 10-30-2017, 05:44 PM

I sent my details and had a really nice correspondence with newinsightastrology even though my data didn't show a Grand Trine we still talked about some crucial elements of my chart and astrology in general which helped me a lot to take another perspective at reading natal charts. I need a lot of practice but this was really helpful. Thanks once again newinsightastrology :-)
Unread 12-08-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Do you have a Grand Trine in your Natal Horoscope? Would you like a deeper understanding of how this factors into your personality and development?

I am conducting a research project on people that have a Grand Trine in their natal horoscope.

Not sure if you have a Grand Trine? Here's what to look for:

1) 3 Planets in trine (120 degrees) to each other. Usually all 3 planets are in the same element but not always.

or

2) 2 Planets and an angle (MC,ASC,IC,DSC) 1st house cusp, 4th house cusp 7th house cusp, 10th house cusp. Again, usually in the same element but not always.

If you have one or more Grand Trines in your natal horoscope I would like to talk with you. In exchange for contributing to my research I will offer you a full horoscope consultation at no charge.

If you have this aspect in your horoscope and have not been able to figure out what it means or what you can "do with it" please contact me and together we will explore the possibilities.

EDIT: 8/25/2016 This offer still stands although I have to modify the way I am doing it. Previously I have offered a full consultation to anyone who requests. However, what happens is I get overwhelmed and then end up not getting back to everyone.

I am now offering two options:

1) Send me your birth details a little background about you and a question you may have. I will answer it as it relates to the Grand Trine or anything else significant I see in your horoscope. - No Charge

2) Send me your birth details and I will prepare a full natal analysis and schedule a phone consultation with you at a time that works for both of us. I pay for the call. You give a donation (don't stress over the amount, I am just looking for a fair exchange of energy).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dave
Do you search again any grand trine. In watersign : w00t: :sifflement:
Unread 12-24-2017, 12:33 AM

Hi Dave! My name is Netta. I was looking over my natal chart and while looking into tribes found your post. I would love to talk to you. I’m not sure if this is correct but I have a tribe between Jupiter + Saturn (conjunct) in Libra in the 4th house, my South Node In Aquarius in the 8th house and my Sun in Gemini in the 12th house. I’d love to hear from you!!! Please message me if you’re interested.

Thank you so much!
Sincerely,
Netta

[Removed personal email from this post, and changed "Please email me if you're interested" to "Please message me if you're interested." - Moderator]

Last edited by Osamenor; 12-24-2017 at 02:30 AM.
Unread 02-23-2018, 11:03 AM

Greetings , i was wondering if you could just tell me what my grand trines are about or atleast point me in the right direction.

They involve the ascendant , call me crazy but i think its more intense when the ascendant is involved.

Thing is i have a lot of trines. And i know i can do everything but all my life i did the bare minimum. I am probably one of the laziest persons out there. I would be really grateful if you could just tell me what the grand trine involves.

I have earth ones if you involve pallas and chiron. oddly enough i think i am more in control of these because of the orbs being so tight.

My water trines i have no idea what they are about. I recently learned of astrology.

Warmest regards ,

Hope your doing well. And Thank you link for chart is down

https://astro-charts.com/chart/44f26a9ab/
Unread 10-02-2018, 04:56 AM

I'm curious about the mixed trine I have a 121 grand trine in fire but I also have a trine leo cap and Aries. Leo is both my sun and ascendant and cancer is my moon. Any information on the Capricorn being added to the fire trine mix would be greatly appreciated
Unread 10-02-2018, 02:47 PM

Hi,
Please PM me your birth data and I will take a look.
Unread 10-07-2018, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Hi,
Please PM me your birth data and I will take a look.
sent the PM I think lol not sure how this forum works
Unread 10-07-2018, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Absolutely a grand trine that involves the angles counts. Purists wouvld say otherwise but if angles don't count in a Grand Trine then why would they count in any measurement? If angles are unreliable then why would we use them at all?by

The problem is really establishing the birth time. So if we are sure of the birth time then we can do all kinds of things with a horoscope. If we are not sure of the birth time then we become a lot more limited about everything in the horoscope.
The angles are not bodies. They are points or lines of intersection of an earth-bound, earth-generated plane -' the horizon or the meridian -- with a celestial plane, the ecliptic. They are not the same as planets. They are imaginary lines without corporeal reality.

Fundamentally, they establish the orientation of earth to sky. Secondarily,in the quadrant house systems, the angles provide the framework from which the derivative houses are hung. And very importantly they serve as conduits for the rays of the celestial bodies to be channeled into earth and properly distributed.

The houses are earth-rooted. That is why the houses show "our immediate surrounding circumstances". They have to do with our earthly situation.

The trine aspect's fundamental meaning is: momentum. Out of momentum come equilibrium, accumulation, The orbits of Jupiter, Neptune and Earth, at their L4 & L5 points contain many captured asteroids, trapped on the zone of neutral gravity where the gravitational fields of earth and sun meet in equilibrium. L4 & L5 form an equilateral triangle with Sun. Here we have a material demonstration of the nature and mode of operation of the trine.

Therefore, if one of the apices of the grand trine is an angle of the horoscope an imbalance is created--planets and angles have very different natures and functions--that is contrary to the nature of the trine.

In certain seasons and latitudes where the angles can be in trine, by this reasoning we could form a grand trine with two angles and a single planet.

The ancients were no fools. They accurately described the nature of the trine and we come along in the space age and discover material manifestations in physical reality.

Last edited by greybeard; 10-07-2018 at 04:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
IleneK (10-07-2018)
Unread 10-07-2018, 06:34 PM

I just sent you a PM. Reply to that with your birth data and I will take a look.
Dave
Unread 10-07-2018, 08:18 PM

Don't see a PM from you.
Been a student of astrology since 1972. Thanks.
Unread 10-07-2018, 09:02 PM

Hi Greybeard,

That message was for Acidfacemelt.

Dave
Unread 10-07-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Hi Greybeard,

That message was for Acidfacemelt.

Dave
Sorry. Thanks.
Unread 10-10-2018, 08:43 AM

Must say, newinsightastrology really did help me see a new perspective on the trine aspects. Incredibly insightful and very intriguing how much of a mirror the natal chart can be. Can honestly say the conversation really made me dive in deep introspection that connected many aspect from my chart to my life experience. Truly greatful for taking the time on the chart. Blessings.
Unread 10-11-2018, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Do you have a Grand Trine in your Natal Horoscope? Would you like a deeper understanding of how this factors into your personality and development?

I am conducting a research project on people that have a Grand Trine in their natal horoscope.

Not sure if you have a Grand Trine? Here's what to look for:

1) 3 Planets in trine (120 degrees) to each other. Usually all 3 planets are in the same element but not always.

or

2) 2 Planets and an angle (MC,ASC,IC,DSC) 1st house cusp, 4th house cusp 7th house cusp, 10th house cusp. Again, usually in the same element but not always.

If you have one or more Grand Trines in your natal horoscope I would like to talk with you. In exchange for contributing to my research I will offer you a full horoscope consultation at no charge.

If you have this aspect in your horoscope and have not been able to figure out what it means or what you can "do with it" please contact me and together we will explore the possibilities.

EDIT: 8/25/2016 This offer still stands although I have to modify the way I am doing it. Previously I have offered a full consultation to anyone who requests. However, what happens is I get overwhelmed and then end up not getting back to everyone.

I am now offering two options:

1) Send me your birth details a little background about you and a question you may have. I will answer it as it relates to the Grand Trine or anything else significant I see in your horoscope. - No Charge

2) Send me your birth details and I will prepare a full natal analysis and schedule a phone consultation with you at a time that works for both of us. I pay for the call. You give a donation (don't stress over the amount, I am just looking for a fair exchange of energy).

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dave

First I must say, your analytical offering is quite generous and I hope your are being well reciprocated for your efforts. Second, thank you for your assistance.

Regardless of whether this particular triangular geometrical arrangement is considered valid or otherwise depending upon whether the three astrological factors are celestial bodies, hypothetical points, or the angles, I have Jupiter in an exact trine to Pluto, with both making a trine to the Midheaven. The Grand trine also extends into a Kite configuration with Neptune being at the apex. These configurations are of course encapsulated in a T-square and a Mystic Rectangle, both of which are formed only with celestial bodies with none being "out of sign".

I shall pm you shortly. Thanks again.

Tags
grand, trine