Cazimi

dd78

Depends on what is your definition of ''exactly conjunct''?

I meant within 16 minutes from Sun in longitude.

Cazimi planets by 16 minute longitude are quite rare, I am one of the blessed children of mother nature. I even have it exactly at IC. :smile:

I had a cazimi Moon in my previous solar return chart.
Nothing of a blessed nature happened, though :pouty:

The most important event of that period was my mom`s sudden death due to heart arrest, which may be interpreted as a blessing in a way, I must admit.

petosiris

Banned
I meant within 16 minutes from Sun in longitude.

A planet is within 16 minutes of each angle for 2 minute and 8 seconds on average (depending on the rising time of the degree), but always for 8 minutes and 32 seconds with all four angles every day. Each planet is going to be within 16 minutes of an angle for 2.16 days over the year.

Saturn and Jupiter are going to spend a bit more than 12 hours in cazimi each year (because of their slow direct speed), Mars, Venus and Mercury as direct planets have almost 2 days (because they move along with the Sun), when Venus and Mercury are retrograde, they spend even less hours than Saturn and Jupiter (because they move in opposite directions). Thus the seven planets as whole in conjunction with the Sun are slightly more rare than in conjunction with the four angles, though Mercury and Venus individually spend slightly more time in cazimi.

The 16 minutes are arbitrary and do not have much to do with conjunctions per se, but rather with the average diameter of the Sun's disk.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
As you may know
an Ephemeris is a checkable database
on which anyone may check for themselves whether or not

for those unfamiliar with an EPHEMERIS
planets are shown by sign location :smile:
and so

one may check
location of any planet or planets
and
in this particular case
one may then check

whether Mercury and Venus
are in same degree and minute of same sign
on any given date of any given year

nine thousand years EPHEMERIS FREE online :smile:
at https://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

Thank you, JA.

And I wonder if you might say a bit about how you perceive that the ephemeris might answer a question like:

Does the explanation of the irregularity of Merc's and Venus' being cazimi have to do with Merc's and Venus' orbits being between Earth and Sun, while Earth lies between the orbits of the rest of the planets and the Sun?

I'm baffled how it might be the proper reference.

JUPITERASC

Thank you, JA.
no problem at all - great to be appreciated

And I wonder if you might say a bit about how you perceive that the ephemeris might answer a question like:
Does the explanation of the irregularity of Merc's and Venus' being cazimi
have to do with Merc's and Venus' orbits being between Earth and Sun,
while Earth lies between the orbits of the rest of the planets and the Sun?
to clear the baffling nature of this issue :smile:

This is true mostly for Mercury and Venus, and it has to do with their orbits.
Their stations also occur in only similar places for example,

Venus is retrograde only in five signs or so in a lifetime, though
in some hundred years, they will be different.
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1019124&postcount=55

petosiris

Banned
Thank you, JA.

Does the explanation of the irregularity of Merc's and Venus' being cazimi have to do with Merc's and Venus' orbits being between Earth and Sun, while Earth lies between the orbits of the rest of the planets and the Sun?

JA prefers quantity of information over quality. :smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you, JA.

I'm baffled how it [the ephmeris] might be the proper reference.

I see, JA. Since you did not share your perception of how an ephemeris could answer the question I raised, but rather referred me to a narrative that does in fact give at least a partial explanation, I am no longer baffled :smile::

the ephemeris does not answer the question I raised, as you demonstrate and as I suggested.

And I especially thank and value Petosiris, who answers questions as clearly and directly as he is able.

JUPITERASC

I see, JA. Since you did not share your perception of how an ephemeris could answer the question I raised, but rather referred me to a narrative that does in fact give at least a partial explanation,

I am no longer baffled :smile::
brilliant news - that's great - no more bafflement :smile:

the ephemeris does not answer the question I raised,
as you demonstrate and as I suggested.

And I especially thank and value Petosiris, who answers questions
as clearly and directly as he is able.
we all thank and value petosiris

JUPITERASC

The Moon blocks the light of the Sun, or is shadowed by the Earth,
it is like a false luminary?!
moon eclipsing sun is transient - Siriusly

- tidal interaction between the Earth and the Moon means that
Moon is moving away from the Earth
at a rate of about four centimeters per year :smile:

Moon's gravity exerts a drag on the Earth that slows its rotation
and
Earth's gravity exerts a pull on the Moon that expands its orbit
https://www.space.com/3373-earth-moon-destined-disintegrate.html

dd78

A planet is within 16 minutes of each angle for 2 minute and 8 seconds on average (depending on the rising time of the degree), but always for 8 minutes and 32 seconds with all four angles every day. Each planet is going to be within 16 minutes of an angle for 2.16 days over the year.

I`d say it would be easier to elect a chart with a planet both in domicile AND on MC.
If it shall happen while the planet is also in cazimi, it makes only a few minutes of an appropriate time in a year.

AND the latter option is impossible for Mercury and Venus, since these planets can be cazimi only in certain signs.

Saturn and Jupiter are going to spend a bit more than 12 hours in cazimi each year (because of their slow direct speed), Mars, Venus and Mercury as direct planets have almost 2 days (because they move along with the Sun), when Venus and Mercury are retrograde, they spend even less hours than Saturn and Jupiter (because they move in opposite directions). Thus the seven planets as whole in conjunction with the Sun are slightly more rare than in conjunction with the four angles, though Mercury and Venus individually spend slightly more time in cazimi.

They say "heaven can wait".

Humans can`t wait for the most appropriate time sometimes.
And humans are sometimes late. :pinched:

Anyway, it seems that tHE EMPHASIS of a planet alone isn`t a guarantee of happily-ever-after.

The 16 minutes are arbitrary and do not have much to do with conjunctions per se, but rather with the average diameter of the Sun's disk.

Yes, but It`s easier to compare cazimi planet to a conjunction of a planet to an angle if the latter is within 16minute orb. :smile:

Last edited: