Where to relocate to in Europe?

aquarius7000

Seems like my best bets are in the Americas, but the US pace of life is too hectic for me. Also the most suitable cities are with colder climates and I hate cold - Minneapolis, Chicago, etc. (I am Vata dosha) Maybe only Miami and New Orleans have good weather but I hate alligators... Apart from that in Europe Tenerife and Madeira seem like the best for developing self-confidence which I need (Sun line), but they lack the job prospects. I wonder how would London be? Due to the languages I know/study in Europe only the UK, Ireland, Spain and France are viable for me. Thanks!

I want a place where I will have piece of mind and where I will be able to connect with the locals, no Moon or Pluto lines anymore.
Peace of mind is of ones own making, not just of the lines. You want a place with a moderate to warm climate, but also where you can make money, and also where there are no alligators, and also where the locals are friendly, but also where life not too fast-paced. All - very subjective, too. What are good job prospects and a good income?

Frankly speaking, in order to survive in London - a cold and wet place - you do need a good income especially if you are starting out from scratch there. People are always rushed in London. Either you make friends with the alligators and go to Miami, or you might want to try an Asian country.

Michael

mihail said:
But the thing is London is on my Venus line, isn't it supposed to be good despite the terrible climate?

First you need to look at Venus in your natal chart. It's opposite Saturn, the most difficult aspect with the biggest malefic. It's not a good planet for you.

I would recommend the Sun.

Michael

mihail said:
But wouldn't a Venus line make her more powerful and come out of her shadow/restriction by Saturn? I know that I liked both my time in London and Paris (both on a Venus sextile AS line, but London also has a Neptune line). I felt more connection to the locals there than on my Moon line. When the plane hovered over the Paris sky I felt pleasure. Like artsy feeling in the air. It was almost like falling in love with the place despite the dirty streets, like everything was a beautiful painting. When sitting with strangers on the public transport I didn't feel really bad vibes. Of course it was only one day but on my Jupiter line I feel lighter than on my Moon line right away from the plane. Same for the Moon line - it felt meh, like emptiness and moodiness.

Of course, it's a good idea to listen to your intuition. However, it's recommended you focus on the strong planets in your chart.

mihail said:
Crossing Sun/Mars/2043 km
Your work output is noticeably increased. Your self-confidence improves and you are more courageous and happy to take risks. You meet opposition with the determination of a fighter, and your thinking and action are motivated by an iron will to succeed. Caution, lethargy and hesitation become exchanged for dare-devilries, dynamic behaviour and self-assertion. This degree of latitude is male territory.
This must be good for a man?

Yes, it is. It makes sense for your chart too.

P.S. I think Italy could work too, near Naples to the East: Taranto, Bari. Another Jupiter line is there, this time is from the ascendant.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Before considering all these beautiful countries, where do you think you could actually get a work permit? You do know that it is not easy at all to get one in any any country at all these days.

So parts of Italy, England, Greece (Athens) plus Madeira and Tenerife. Also lots of choice in the USA...out of those finding a job in the UK seems the easiest. I wonder if my Neptune is strong, positive or not? Most people say Neptune and Chiron lines are heavy but will they be bad for me?

The thing is I almost died in a quake in 2012 due to a shock of my house shaking. I had high blood pressure for months after that and PTSD so I'm a bit scared if I ever feel one I can go back to PTSD again... :unsure: Otherwise I like the sound of Italian as well. Maybe I can try working in all of them for a few months to a year and test the waters so to say (well the US would be harder due to visas).

The only common theme I can find is sea or oceans. I don't have so many good planets in places that are inland (save for the US, but the whole of the USA borders the oceans ;) )

Which are the ones I definitely have to avoid living in?
I lived on my Pluto line and it was hell, so I guess parts of France, the whole of BeNeLux, Denmark, Switzerland and parts of North Africa. Germany is a rich economy but it's squeezed between my Moon and Pluto lines and the Mercury minor line would make my life too frantic (I'm already trying to stop my rushing, A type personality reaction to things). Moon line is generally too moody and depressing. I made more friends than I've made in a while on it but all of them are not locals.

aquarius7000

Mihail

There is no perfect world out there. You need to create one for yourself by adapting your own self and your attitude as much as you can.

You might want to do astrocartography - I think Astro com has it. See if your Sun and Venus lines go thru any country.

I wonder why I have so much limitations socially in Europe? Abusive strangers mumbling to their nose about me, people screaming on the tube, people pushing me like I am invisible. The way I am treated is totally not cool with me, I am fed up so I will avoid interactions with strangers in Europe.

aquarius7000

Mihail, sitting in Europe, I had the exact same picture of the US. Since spending several years now in the US, I wish I would have thought twice, so don’t be too sure. Sometimes decisions become hard to reverse. The quality of life is much higher in (north-Western and central) Europe compared to the US. I say that after living on both sides of the Atlantic.
You are true, especially for Europe. Can you post your astrocartography chart??
Now the USA is an exception - generally friendly people, yet good economy. In Europe I'm more and more sure only the Portuguese are friendly like New world societies. No wonder they made it in the Top 10 expat friendly countries in the world, the only European country in the top 10! I got attracted to it almost 10 years ago, in mainland Portugal I have Sun in 12th like rest of Western Europe, but Madeira is great (Sun line, a minor Jupiter one plus Sun in 1st). Still even with Sun in 12th I think the local culture is more important than chart positions and most Europeans are just not friendly or open to strangers, especially to foreigners. So either I'll go back home, move to Portugal or the USA. Not sure if Germans have Nazi guilt enough to feel good there and they also are known for being very reserved and standoffish although most of the ones I've met in Holland were great. Slavic societies are especially closed, so maybe they might be slightly better, Idk.

Fomalhaut

Premium Member
Your natal chart will still be there wherever you travel. But living in one of those places that puts your Sun in 12H might simply make you more reflective and turn you inward. That is not at all a bad thing, especially knowing how shallow the annoyingly dominant cultural trend is. The little «*but*» would be that we rarely do that willingly or on our own initiative. Some of us, Buddhist souls:) do, but the majority of us turn inward or turn to reflexion when we are forced to do so by exterior circumstances. This is more so when natally you don’t have planets in 12H and relocation or transits or synastry puts some influences in your 12H: they appear to come or to be imposed by the outside world. So what I am trying to say is that in a place that puts your Sun in 12H you might encounter some isolation. That might be good and interesting for you, it depends on your «*soul’s intention*» (sorry for the cliché). And again, a 12H activity, like a non-profit activity, along with your main activity, or working for a non-profit association, would be fitting and helping in such a place.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Mihail,

I know you are not really asking me this question, but, no, life will not throw opportunities at you for more 'pleasant' places. Perhaps you are even misunderstanding the word 'pleasant' altogether. Which place is pleasant? One where people are more welcoming to foreigners and don't mind them staying back in their country and taking their jobs? One where public infrastructure is better and the country thus appears to be richer? One where people are simpler yet happier and more genuine? One where your family is and you are close to your near and dear ones regardless of how poor the country might be? I mean you will almost never find all of those in one place. And, if that were to happen, and we were to go by your question - imagine if life gave everyone and opportunity to go that place. Impossible.

A LOT of it is determined by your own actions - knowingly and unknowingly performed. And, whilst you and others may refute my view, I am more than convinced of it. In the same breath, I will also say that your natal chart and the opportunities that come/don't come your way are all part of a bigger plan and for a reason - the reason being you and your karma to learn and become a better person. If you were given all you wanted, would you be that?

aquarius7000

Well I deffinitely would fit better in Latin America or the USA where locals ar emuch more open and friendly.
If you became open yourself, you would not find others that unfriendly. If you don't, it won't hurt others, but you will be unhappy yourself. Remember, you can try moving overseas, but there is no guarantee you will make it abroad.

Tora

OP,
Where in Europe depends on what you want in your life.
If you want to be admired then I'd say France or even London where Venus line is.

If you want a career recognition, Dublin.

Tora

Wow Tora, that to me is so inspiring! I was actually told by a psychic that Ireland is my place. I also liked London and Paris both very much but didn't stay long enough to see how a Venus line feels like. In London I was just for a week and was in my turbulent teenage years, while in Paris I was just for a few hours. But I felt a sense of serenity there I don't feel here in Central Europe. As for Dublin, I think the same influence goes down to Seville. Being too inflexible/stubborn to learn much more than English when it comes to foreign languages it makes sense to prefer those locations where natives speak English. I think I could also learn Spanish. Was thinking about German as another psychic told me I will live in Germany but I am no longer so sure. Most of the British and Irish people I have met have been very nice. Central Europeans give me cold vibes. I would like to be admired at this point as I have been too workaholic since now. I also think a Leo Asc > Virgo Asc. I'm too over-analyzing and critical with those Virgo influences.

aquarius2000, it is not always true. Even if you are the nicest, most positive person, Irish and American people are much more likely to feel comfortable if you approach them as a stranger. In fact I've been told they often approach strangers for some small talk. While small talk is just that, for me countries that lack preference for it feel too isolating, too reserved. By small talk I am able to see strangers are not a danger, while if they keep to themselves I am tense and anxious. I was told that US people do small talk due to that - historically they had to see that someone is trustworthy and to try even to make the stranger a friend as in this huge land you needed more friends and less enemies to get by. In Europe where people were subjects to their kings/counts etc. they learned they don't have to look for friends away from those they see every day. Therefore they're less likely to engage in convos with random strangers. Now why Irish might be different than Continental Europeans, Idk. Also, in Continental Europe, strangers often were snitching on each other and giving info to authorities, so that made them not trusting strangers much and avoiding them as much as possible.
There you go. That's the effect of Venus.
People will love you, isn't that nice? :smile:
Both Dublin and London will be expensive though, be prepared.
Mind you, if you meet lovely people, they will be willing to help you.

If I were you, I wouldn't live in Germany since Pluto and Saturn line runs through according to your chart. Coldness comes from that one. Both will give you hard time and poverty. :pinched:

You may want to watch the first 3 video.
https://www.youtube.com/user/lastrology/search?query=astrocartography

Last edited: