Astrology questions to answer

blacksun?

First a few questions to the reader:

What House systems are you using? Why? Dd you try others? If so why did you dismiss them?

Do you use Part of Fortune and other "Arabic" (Apparently they're Egyptian) parts? What is your take on their power?

Do you work with the degrees as each separate spiritual signifiers, or do you rather go by Decanates, or by whole signs? What does your practice bring you?

So these are questions I have been asking myself quite a lot.

Ill answer them as well as I can.

What House systems are you using? Why? Dd you try others? If so why did you dismiss them?

I use Placidus, to be honest simply because it is the default option almost everywhere online so it is the way I have come to know my own chart. I did try whole houses. I havent dismissed that, but I am still very much fascinated by the Placidus system and the idea that houses start on specific degrees. And there are reasons to think that my first house, for example, does indeed contain parts of both Aries and Taurus, and that my Jupiter in Taurus is in my first house and not my second even though my ascendant is in Aries. Then again there are arguments to the contrary. Argh!

Do you use Part of Fortune and other "Arabic" (Apparently they're Egyptian) parts? What is your take on their power?

Yes I do. I find the most basic ones very accurate.
By most basic ones I mean Part of Fortune (Lot of Moon), Part of Spirit (Lot of Sun), and the Lots of Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. No doubt the outer planets also have very meaningful Lots which are calculated in the same way as the classically known planets Lots.

Do you work with the degrees as each separate spiritual signifiers, or do you rather go by Decanates, or by whole signs? What does your practice bring you?

I have been studying Sabian and other interpretations of the degrees, and find them highly oppressive. It is very crude to me, the idea that certain degrees are absolute trash and others are exalted divine places, and that these directly border on each other. I don't believe in them. On the other hand I do absolutely believe in the significance of there particular degrees, since my family tree completely defies all odds in dozens of different members planets on a very limited set of degrees. Zodiacal zones are most definitely inherited through bloodlines and other intimate lineages. But since as often as not the conjunction synastry is off by one or two degrees, I think perhaps the division into /360 is perhaps not entirely the most important criterion. Sabian symbology is, to me, abject and evil. The arrogance of having a few strong meditations and then deciding that your personal valuing of these degrees speaks for every human on he planet is staggering - and either heavy drug use or native sociopathy was involved in their conception as well as the ideological imposition of them on the astrological community. I have found n practice that the interpretations are riveting and haunting and entirely pointless.

So far my introduction.

I will need a breather now, and regroup, so that the initial questioning that caused me to finally make this thread comes to resurface.

blacksun?

Re: The House Cusps

I haven't worked with them long enough to really say, but Ive found the planetary lots to register very powerfully with my psyche. Its very nice actually, as they seem to work simply as second placements for your planets. In my case they also coincide with angles and other planets and asteroids, so it adds a level of depth which feels very mercurial, quick, potent in actual usefulness. I guess one really needs to awaken them or awaken to them, like it is with the Dark Lights.

Yes all these commandments about degrees, any verbal mantra at all is oppressive, utterly ridiculous that this section of enormous cosmos would be designated by that very particular and personal string of words. Not very much for cosmic consciousness.

I believe mostly in Aspects. These are the primordial communications to me, and when I first look at a chart I often forget to look at the Sun sign. Its not as revealing in the least as the angles.

greybeard

Re: The House Cusps

The Sabian symbols were originally intended for use at the Ascendant. The other applications have been added by users over time.