Please help me understand my chart pattern

velvetsandpaper

I have been trying to figure out my chart pattern, would someone be so kind as to help me identify which pattern most closely resembles my chart, I am stuck between a splash, splay or an asymmetrical chart Pattern, please help me out, thank You

Attachments

• IMG_20160914_204925.jpg
    IMG_20160914_204925.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 21
  • ge53t.PNG
    ge53t.PNG
    66.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot (485).png
    Screenshot (485).png
    41.4 KB · Views: 17

Cary2

Banned
The patterns you speak of are not valid to all astrologers. They were introduced decades ago by the famous astrologer Marc Edmund Jones, but they are not acknowledged by all astrologers. I have never found the patterns very helpful in my work. Maybe a student of Jones will respond to your request.

greybeard

There it is.

Splash Pattern. Pattern not well integrated by aspects.
Common t-square focused on Moon Virgo. Common preponderance.
Mercury sole disposition 8th.
4 rx, all below horizon rx.

Pay attention to Mercury opp Pluto, a key aspect; & Mercury is sole dispositor of the chart, increasing the importance of the aspect and expanding the influence of Mercury as well. Note the Pluto- 8th house emphasis, directly affecting Mercury.

Clearly, understanding this chart (life, person) demands a deep study of Mercury. He is the sole or final dispositor of the chart and rules primarily through agency of Mars [thought rules actions...], therefore ultimately dominates the entire chart. He is diurnally placed in a diurnal chart, is in a diurnal sign (coincidentally his domicile), rises ahead of (is oriental of) the Sun and free of the sunbeams...Mercury is in Hayz.

Very nice. Mercury is of good quality and well strengthened: he will need that strength (8th house, hard aspects).

4th angle stresses, Venus (lord of horoscope) in Cancer, Moon at focus of t-square. Lord of 4th in fall, 6th, square Venus, wide square angular Neptune 4th, who is in Last Degree. [all of this reflects on the emphasized 4th.]

Last edited:

greybeard

Your chart is a Splash because:

None of the planets are separated by more than a sextile. There is not enough separation anywhere for a Splay (I use only 7 patterns and do not include "asymmetrical".) Unlike many splash pattern charts, yours does not contain a grand cross...nice for you.

The structure of the chart features sextiles all round the chart. This feature will be useful in interpretation, equivalent to a "preponderance of sextiles". Even if there is no actual preponderance of the aspect, it will influence the life constantly (it's everywhere) because it is in harmony with the "whole-structure" of the chart, coincides with it.

An aspect is preponderant when instances of the aspect in the given chart occur at least half again as often as the next most frequent aspect. The sextile is an aspect of Assistance.

Last edited:

velvetsandpaper

The patterns you speak of are not valid to all astrologers. They were introduced decades ago by the famous astrologer Marc Edmund Jones, but they are not acknowledged by all astrologers. I have never found the patterns very helpful in my work. Maybe a student of Jones will respond to your request.

thank you for your response

velvetsandpaper

Your chart is a Splash because:

None of the planets are separated by more than a sextile. There is not enough separation anywhere for a Splay (I use only 7 patterns and do not include "asymmetrical".) Unlike many splash pattern charts, yours does not contain a grand cross...nice for you.

The structure of the chart features sextiles all round the chart. This feature will be useful in interpretation, equivalent to a "preponderance of sextiles". Even if there is no actual preponderance of the aspect, it will influence the life constantly (it's everywhere) because it is in harmony with the "whole-structure" of the chart, coincides with it.

An aspect is preponderant when instances of the aspect in the given chart occur at least half again as often as the next most frequent aspect. The sextile is an aspect of Assistance.

thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me