solar return question

Night Sky

when you do a solar return do you use birth town or a different latitude and longitude where you are now at

i use the original data but wonder if i should go with the new present town

Last edited by a moderator:

aquarius7000

when you do a solar return do you use birth town or a different latitude and longitude where you are now at

Hi there,

Well, this is a much debated question. I think the best bet is to try out both ways for one of the past years, when you were also away from your birth place, and then see which of the two alternatives seem to reflect more of what your focus that particular year was and the occurrences of that year.

If you live quite far away (a different country/continent), then it might actually really make sense to take your current place of residence, ie where you were on your last b'day. In a couple of readings that I have done, I have been able to hit the nail more often on the head with the alternative just mentioned.

:)Aq7

Night Sky

you suggest both aquarius7000

this is not the answer that i wanted:)

just as with rnodern rulership

thanks for your reply though

ns:)

aquarius7000

you suggest both aquarius7000

this is not the answer that i wanted:)

And sadly, you are dissatisfied as usual, NS :D.
People are not going to paste the answer that you want on an open-to-all astrology forum; but what they themselves think, know and experience!! And, if they want to leave 'a door open' in their answer because they haven't found a single answer 'engraved in stone' for themselves yet, then it is perhaps best for the querent to gracefully accept that and simply be thankful to them for sharing their response, as then at least the responder is being honest about his/her not yet having a definite answer. So I will repeat myself and say that I usually try out both the methods (birth place & relocated place), but, like I *clearly* indicated *my astrological experience*,
In a couple of readings that I have done, I have been able to hit the nail more often on the head with the alternative just mentioned.

As far as your statement about:
just as with rnodern rulership
goes, many long-standing and well-established astrologers are still somewhat undecided about things like whether Uranus or Saturn rules Aquarius (or about the much-debated topic of modern and traditional rulerships at all), which is why the question still stands or is open at all in Astrology even today!!

:DAq7.

cassanra

I have compairing precessed and non-precessed solar returns (I know, another factor) and have gotten some really interesting things. I was doing the relocation thingy but I have not moved so very far so I don't think it counts....I might stick with the birth chart for awhile and continue to use the precessed and non-precessed....I seem to get more information that way. I think I just repeated myself. "Pete and Repete were on a boat, Pete fell out, who was left?l Argg....friday!

Night Sky

aquarius7000 said:
And sadly, you are dissatisfied as usual, NS :D.
People are not going to paste the answer that you want on an open-to-all astrology forum; but what they themselves think, know and experience!! And, if they want to leave 'a door open' in their answer because they haven't found a single answer 'engraved in stone' for themselves yet, then it is perhaps best for the querent to gracefully accept that and simply be thankful to them for sharing their response, as then at least the responder is being honest about his/her not yet having a definite answer. So I will repeat myself and say that I usually try out both the methods (birth place & relocated place), but, like I *clearly* indicated *my astrological experience*,

As far as your statement about: goes, many long-standing and well-established astrologers are still somewhat undecided about things like whether Uranus or Saturn rules Aquarius (or about the much-debated topic of modern and traditional rulerships at all), which is why the question still stands or is open at all in Astrology even today!!

:DAq7.

i arn thankful aquarius i arn

i guess it is one of those things that requires a little bit of thought
i looked at both types and thought that both are as useful just as you stated and that is why i wanted sorne other ideas on it

it is funny that astrologers use traditionoal rulership in horary and then use uranus neptune and pluto and the asteroids in natal and transits

in rny rnind it rnakes sense that using the new latitude and longitude should be rnore reasonable than using the original data sirnply as thet the horos is in a new area

to rne precessed ought to be the thing to use for a solar return i like it better:)

cassanra

I must admit I now use the town where I am living and though I have not moved all that much it actually pins things down better for me . As an example this last years solar return using my birth data has sun and venus in the fifth and close to the 6th house. Using the location where I am now has the sun and venus in Gemini exactly on the 6th house cusp indicating heath issues for loved ones and more than one person. And indeed it has been so...worry about mothers health and my partner had a heart attack in Feb. In addition, it helped with the timing of events. The suns location usually helps indicate the time of the majority of events in the year. With the sun in the 5th it would indicate that the 2nd third of the year was when action would occur. The 6th house location would indicate the last part of the year was the most active. In this case it was the last part of the year that most of the significant events occurred.
Hope this helps.