Indicators for Fame in a chart?

somebody

Hey guys.. im new to this and i got a couple of questions. (sorry for bad english but should be understood)

I want to find the strongest planet in my chart.. in a program i found out it should be jupiter or mars.. maybe you can take a look at it?

I'm also interested if there are any indicators for fame in my chart..:) would be interesting.. well. And maybe you can tell me what are typically indicators in a chart to be famous ?! On my own search i found out that many planets in the 10th house will make you famous.. is that true ?

oh and i almost forgot.. i always seem to be a lonely guy.. the problem with that is that im happy with it the most of time.. do you see that in my chart ?

well thanks if anyone helps.. if don't no problem too ;) feel free to post your chart im really interested!

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/mjy0ukxt/Unbenannt.jpg

JUPITERASC

Hey guys.. im new to this and i got a couple of questions. (sorry for bad english but should be understood)

I want to find the strongest planet in my chart.. in a program i found out it should be jupiter or mars.. maybe you can take a look at it?

I'm also interested if there are any indicators for fame in my chart..:) would be interesting.. well. And maybe you can tell me what are typically indicators in a chart to be famous ?! On my own search i found out that many planets in the 10th house will make you famous.. is that true ?

oh and i almost forgot.. i always seem to be a lonely guy.. the problem with that is that im happy with it the most of time.. do you see that in my chart ?

well thanks if anyone helps.. if don't no problem too ;) feel free to post your chart im really interested!

Education Board "The Five Lots of Fate, Success, Your Fortune Chart" written by Ray Austin http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=13197 :smile:

Moog

Jupiter is strong, but not best dignified in Libra.

Saturn is strong, with dignity, but cadent.

According to this chart your 11th house ruler is a weak Mars in the 8th, debilitated in Cancer. Perhaps that's why you have weak social connectivity.

waybread

Why do you want to be famous? Does it have anything to do with being "a lonely guy"? Why not consider having more friends and a fulfilling career? Or wouldn't that be enough for you? Do you truly want the down-side of fame, such as loss of your private life and being the target of endless gossip?

Jupiter conjunct your MC is a good indicator of fame in conventional astrology.

However, if you go to the Astro-DataBank at www.asttro.com you will see the charts of thousands of famous people. If you see some commonality in them, let me know.

Saturn is a strong influence in your chart. It can make people feel lonely, but also make you hard-working and able to get by on very little. Oftentimes Capricorns are late-bloomers whose success comes later in life.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Since nobody defined famous, we really have no idea what this means. I'm famous in a very small area, but I'm not locally or regionally or nationally or internationally famous.

Also famous in what field. Someone who is internationally famous in nuclear astrophysics would be unknown by most of the population. Dr. Prof. Franz Kaeppeler is a force to be reckoned with in stellar nuclear astrophysics; he even had an accelerator named after him while he'd still alive. How many of you have ever heard of him?

Definitions please.

byjove

Account Closed
I wonder does the thread opener seek success or fame? (or both) If fame, people often look for talents and 'lucky breaks', whereas, if success (professional) then it would be the 2nd house and ruler of income, 6th of day-to-day work, 10th of career. The 1st ruler and Sun, Moon would need to be considered too, being the backbone. But it all depends on what you, thread opener would like to discuss? :smile:

JUPITERASC

....On my own search i found out that many planets in the 10th house will make you famous.. is that true ?
Somebody - some are of the opinion that many planets in 10th IS NOT NECESSARILY a promise for public recognition aka fame :smile:
A full 10th house is not a promise for public recognition.

People with an empty 7th get married all the time- why shouldn't a person with an empty 10th become recognised for his work and even publicly exposed.

The Sun is the natural ruler of this matter and it is always important to check the shape of that planet regardless of which house it rules. Same goes for the ruler of the 10th. Some astrologers like Morin advise us to check even the dispositor of the Sun.

However, even a 12th house Sun will not denial public success. As a mater of fact, many professions that are nowadays considered public, have got a strong connection with the 12th. You might want to find a list of public persons with a strong 12th or a 12th house Sun - the list is most likely to be impressive.

Take acting as an example- if we exclude startles, models and ex body-builders who join the army of public performers for the purpose of becoming recognised, seen and well paid (those, after all, aren't really actors!), we are left with people who live their life hidden behind other people's personalities- their characters. Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Meryl Streep, Keanu Reeves, Orlando Bloom...they all have a 12th house Sun.

Similarly, a prominent 12th can often be found in the charts of people who became famous for their work although the majority of their activities remains hidden behind the walls of their home- writers, for instance!

The MC is not the only place where one becomes famous, after all! ;)
Cheers, aglaya

Great observation! I have noticed that people with very accented 10th house sometimes suffer from the negative consequences of the 10th. Similarly, some of them turn everything into a 10th house matter! :) The ruler of the 4th on MC is a potential candidate for a family reality show (exposing your home to the public). On the other hand, sometimes when the influence of the houses that rule our intimacy (any part of our intimate life) are placed there and negatively aspected, we can assume that one part of the life if the Nativity is in a danger of being exposed to the public. I have see a good example of that- the 7th ruler conjunct Venus on the 10th cusp and receiving a lot of squares and the opposition of the L1 inside the 4th- the lady was married to a local politician. One day, a journalist managed to take a few pictures of her husband with another woman through the window of his hotel room! L7 conjunct Venus (husband with another woman) on MC (where things become public) turned the end her marriage into a nightmare as she herself found out about his affair from the newspapers.

In a diametrically opposite situation, people can become widely recognised for their work described by the house that naturally rules the activities they are engaged in. That would be the example that you're mentioning!

Great point! And, if I may add- the 11th, being the house that succeeds the 10th, is also descriptive of the direct consequences of our 10th house activities (which fits its nature- that is not only where are dreams are sleeping but also where they come true :D ) and, consequently, it governs the followers of our work or, using popular terminology,our fans. From this perspective, this house is quite important in terms of feedback and reactions to our work. Cheers, aglaya
Despite having no planets in 10th G W Bush's natal Sun, although in 12th - crucially is conjunct the powerful FIXED STAR SIRIUS :smile:

'….Sun conjunct Sirius brings success in business, occupation connected with metals or other martial affairs, domestic harmony....' source: Robson p209

'….Well connected, it promises fame, honors and riches. Sirius in conjunction with the Sun and well placed in the chart will be found to be the case with numerous important and famous personalities. Possibly, the rise in station is made possible by protection from people of influence.....' source: Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.38.

Constellations of words comprehensive fixed stars lists
http://www.constellationsofwords.com...tude_order.htm __________________

somebody

Hey, i asked for fame becouse i was interested if you can see something in the chart.. nothing more.
in the end it depends on yourself if you get famous or not..
some planets in the birthchart don't make you famous i know :)

What is with the sun and the moon? wich house are they in? first or second?

i guess a strong sun is what makes you famous.. i see it in nearly every chart from celebrities.. could that be true?

waybread

Define "strong."

"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them". (Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V).

Flowergirl

The ancients apparently put a lot of importance on the fixed stars. I'm not sure if they only meant the 4 royal fixed stars or some of the others too. A prominent Rigel in particular is said to be an indicator of fame in the natal chart. I have planets and angles conjunct a few of the royal fixed stars in my chart but I've not seen fame so far... :unsure:

JUPITERASC

The ancients apparently put a lot of importance on the fixed stars. I'm not sure if they only meant the 4 royal fixed stars or some of the others too. A prominent Rigel in particular is said to be an indicator of fame in the natal chart. I have planets and angles conjunct a few of the royal fixed stars in my chart but I've not seen fame so far... :unsure:
The ancients did not have computers, calculated charts for themselves using old fashioned pen/paper math, and worked with personal observation of the visible planets/fixed stars - eclipses as well.

Currently we use flat two dimensional computer software generated natal charts and many are out of touch with the three dimensional aspects of the skies so that it's not understood that a fixed star only 'conjuncts' to an angle/natal planet when fulfilling the three dimensional requirements of being conjunct :smile:

Bernadette Brady explains visual astrology and offers useful insights regarding interpretations related to fixed stars and constellations via a free illustrated lecture (downloadable) at
http://www.visualastrology.co.uk/Fla...e_mainpage.htm

JUPITERASC

Hey, i asked for fame because i was interested if you can see something in the chart.. nothing more.
in the end it depends on yourself if you get famous or not..
some planets in the birthchart don't make you famous i know
:)

What is with the sun and the moon? wich house are they in? first or second?

i guess a strong sun is what makes you famous.. i see it in nearly every chart from celebrities.. could that be true?
RANK OF FAME THREAD :smile: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=383129#post383129
There are many different methods calculating the Rank of Fame in someones chart. I will try here to discuss all the methods of which I'm aware.
I will start from a mix of medieval astrology method of seeing the Rank of Fame with that of Ptolemy, and than in some other post I will present some of the Hellenistic methods.

1. First we look at the Sun, if it is in 10th or 11th house. In lasser degree fame is indicated also by Sun being in 1st, 4th and 7th.
Sun in aspect to the MC brings fame.
Sun in succedent house and especially if it is aspecting the MC can brings fame.

This is the general indicator. It doesn't necessarily means that if you have Sun in 10th, you will be famous.
Sun is analogous for Fame, so there fore we first start examining the Sun.

The Sun in 5th cuts the fame in half (except when it is in 5th).
Sun in 5th indicates success in arts and entertainment fields.

Sun's aspects are very important. Afflicted Sun by some hard aspect with strong malefic may bring infamy.

Sun's dispositor and its relationship to the Sun is also very important. The dispositor will show the origin of the fame of the native.

The dispositor of MC and its Almuten as well the aspects to the MC, will show for what will the native gain fame, because MC represents the native's actions.

Ok, lest try this first rule of examining the rank of fame with some practical example.

v6rcdv.jpg

Here's the chart of Brad Pit.
We can see that the Sun is angular on the AC.
This is the first indication of success.

The Sun in Sag has honor as triplicity ruler.
The ruler of Sun (its dispositor), also its Almuten is the Strong Jupiter in 4th - angular, in a sign in which is having honor of triplicity.
Divisor of the Sun (Term ruler) is Venus which makes trine to the MC with the Moon - the native will be noticed by Women.

To add:
Sun is ruler of the Lot of Fame in 28Leo.
Moon (aspecting trine to MC with Venus) is ruler of the Lot of Success in Cancer.
The Sun is not impeded by bad aspect of Malefic.
It is in Trine relationship with Jupiter and in mutual reception (Sun by exaltation in Aries).
Sun is in aspect to MC. The thing that the aspect is square does not impede the rank of fame.

As we can see, the chart of Brad Pit is having many testimonies of this first rule of the Rank of Fame.
We will examine the other methods in my next post.

Katieloo

I believe I read somewhere that someone with heavy Vesta in their chart has the capacity for social success/and or fame. This may or may not be true, but it makes sense to me considering that Vesta represents fame, among other things. Any thoughts?

waybread

Katieloo, I am not sure how Vesta would work. She was the Roman goddess of house and home, and one of the few goddesses worshipped primarily in the home.

Flowergirl, the Hellenistic astrologers describe a bunch of fixed stars. See Ptolemy's Tetrabiblos, or Manilius, Astronomica. The Arab astrologers who followed during the early-mid Middle Ages expanded and nuanced their lists. Many of our fixed stars today have names taken directly from the Arabic language, or else Europeanized versions of their star names.