What are some indicators of fame in a persons chart?

JUPITERASC

Curious to know!
The natal charts of famous people provide information on this issue and a current thread discussing "Celebrities With No Planets In The 10th" :smile: is at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59493
A full 10th house is not a promise for public recognition.

People with an empty 7th get married all the time- why shouldn't a person with an empty 10th become recognised for his work and even publicly exposed.

The Sun is the natural ruler of this matter and it is always important to check the shape of that planet regardless of which house it rules.

Same goes for the ruler of the 10th.

Some astrologers like Morin advise us to check even the dispositor of the Sun.

However, even a 12th house Sun will not denial public success.

As a mater of fact, many professions that are nowadays considered public, have got a strong connection with the 12th.

You might want to find a list of public persons with a strong 12th or a 12th house Sun - the list is most likely to be impressive.

Take acting as an example

- if we exclude startles, models and ex body-builders who join the army of public performers for the purpose of becoming recognised, seen and well paid (those, after all, aren't really actors!),

we are left with people who live their life hidden behind other people's personalities- their characters. Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Meryl Streep, Keanu Reeves, Orlando Bloom...they all have a 12th house Sun.

Similarly, a prominent 12th can often be found in the charts of people who became famous for their work although the majority of their activities remains hidden behind the walls of their home- writers, for instance!

The MC is not the only place where one becomes famous, after all! ;)
Cheers, aglaya

MMD1990

Thanks! Ill check out the other thread! And funny enough I have an empty 7th house...but I feel like I am going to get married...probably a few times knowing my crazy self!

Claire19

I have come to realise that there dont necessarily have to be planets in the 10th house for fame but that the ruler of the MC has to suggest that. Connecting with the 6th house of work and the 2nd house of material assets and income earned.

THere can be many different planets that indicate a public life, depending on the nature of the fame or the profession.

dr. farr

In my investigation of this matter, I prefer to use the Lots as my basis (as the ancients often did)

Leading Lots for this purpose are:

-the Lot of Fame, Wisdom: asc+jupiter-sun (reverse for nocturnal)
(this Lot is also referred to as the Lot of Recognition)

-the Lot of Glory: asc+lot of spirit-lot of fortune (reverse for nocturnal)

-the Lot of Praise and Acceptance: asc+venus-jupiter (reverse for nocturnal)

-the Lot of Magistery & Profession: asc+moon-saturn (same diurnal or nocturnal)

Jesusistheway

In my investigation of this matter, I prefer to use the Lots as my basis (as the ancients often did)

Leading Lots for this purpose are:

-the Lot of Fame, Wisdom: asc+jupiter-sun (reverse for nocturnal)
(this Lot is also referred to as the Lot of Recognition)

-the Lot of Glory: asc+lot of spirit-lot of fortune (reverse for nocturnal)

-the Lot of Praise and Acceptance: asc+venus-jupiter (reverse for nocturnal)

-the Lot of Magistery & Profession: asc+moon-saturn (same diurnal or nocturnal)

Thanks for making us aware of this but once you find the Arabic Part what do you do next?

chris10

Thanks for making us aware of this but once you find the Arabic Part what do you do next?
I'm no expert but my guess would be
1) to look at the house the Arabic Part is in and the aspects it makes to natal planets.
2) to look at all sorts of predictive techniques - Transits, dir progressions, tertiary progressions, solar arc progressions, solar returns - to see how it manifests in your natal chart.

I hope an expert will come along and help out
:smile:

JUPITERASC

Good question
I'm no expert but my guess would be
1) to look at the house the Arabic Part is in and the aspects it makes to natal planets.
2) to look at all sorts of predictive techniques - Transits, dir progressions, tertiary progressions, solar arc progressions, solar returns - to see how it manifests in your natal chart.

I hope an expert will come along and help out

I'm no expert either SO until said expert puts in an appearance perhaps the interesting article on our Education Board "The Five Lots of Fate, Success, Your Fortune Chart" written by Ray Austin could prove to be of some assistance in this matter http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13197 :smile:

JUPITERASC

Now there's no need for you to be modest JUPITERASC :smile:

Thanks for the link :smile:
You flatter me chris10! I am well aware that I am most definitely NOT an expert

However, good news that the link is of use

btw interesting post from another thread:
dr. farr, I have noticed on my Arabic Parts some interesting facts.

I will give you some examples:

My Lot of Children is in Taurus - my child has Taurus Asc.

My Lot of Wedding is in Sagittarius - my marriage occurred when the sun was on Sagittarius. Coincidence?

dr. farr

Chris10 (and others, above) are correct: you focus on delineating the Lot: for example, make it the "first house" (turn the chart) and look at all the rest of the chart as "houses" influencing the Lot; also, look at the dispositor of the Lot (ruler of the sign the Lot is in), and examine what that planet means, and its conditions, all within context of the subject matter of the Lot you are investigating; look at the sign the Lot is in, and ideally also the decan and duodenary signs it is in, and blend these indications; look at aspects to the Lot; look at directions (progressions, profections, etc) to the Lot; consider the degree condition the Lot falls in (elevated, pitted, dark, bright, neutral etc); look at the dodekatemorion ramification of the Lot, where the dodek falls, and the conditions the dodek of the Lot is subject to; also look at any close (2 degree or less) star conjunctions the Lot (or its dodek ramification) might have.
...so you can see that the investigation of a Lot can be quite complex and can reveal a great deal...

MMD1990

Well after reading everyones post..I decided to check out my Part of fame...

Mines in Scorpio in my 12th house Conjunct my Pluto in Scorpio.

As well as my Part of Courage.

Now to figure out how this all ties together! :tongue: haha.

dr. farr

Just remember: the 12th house has SEVERAL indications/affinities, its not ALL just about restrictions and limitations!! The conjunction by Pluto (if close) could mean a sudden, volcanic-like rise from obscurity to "fame"!

Jesusistheway

Haha Dr. Farr is like an encyclopedia on astrology.. which is a compliment.

Well, mine was in Leo 20' 20"

So Leo is in the 7th house in my natal with no planets therein. Wah! lol

Now I'll turn the house in a few...

JUPITERASC

Just remember: the 12th house has SEVERAL indications/affinities, its not ALL just about restrictions and limitations!! The conjunction by Pluto (if close) could mean a sudden, volcanic-like rise from obscurity to "fame"!
dr. farr - many millions of people may have a close conjunction of the kind you have mentioned and yet have no sudden volcanic-like rise to fame!! Therefore there necessarily are other, more important indicators :smile: