Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

Not all occultists are going to fit the trope of dark brothers and sisters slashing the throats of goats and young virgin girls, to be followed by a pan-species orgy. It would be a bad PR move for those open recruiters to not emphasize the more wholesome side of things.

They looked pretty wholesome. Middle class, organic foods people with broken hearts, trying to find deeper meaning in their lives. No scandals--none that I'm aware of anyway. Haven't heard much about them lately.

conspiracy theorist

Oh, I didn't mean to sound like I doubted their genuineness. I do believe that there is a deeply felt crises of faith going on in the world, and an indication of that is all the colourful movements that have cropped up - wiccans, thelemites, left and right wing identity politics, indigo children and even the "Ebola worshippers". We shouldn't leave our astrology friends out of the mix.

david starling

Oh, I didn't mean to sound like I doubted their genuineness. I do believe that there is a deeply felt crises of faith going on in the world, and an indication of that is all the colourful movements that have cropped up - wiccans, thelemites, left and right wing identity politics, indigo children and even the "Ebola worshippers". We shouldn't leave our astrology friends out of the mix.

The Rosecutions were a driving force behind the popularity of astrology in the 50s and 60s, but there was no religious requirement or outreach. The Wiccans became pretty well-known in the late 70s around here. Very tame and non-psychotic compared to some of these new groups.

conspiracy theorist

@David

Some would rather tame and non-psychotic since it at least connotes health on the face of things. Lots of the "new school" also tend to be of the isolated technocrat variety. A recipe for some very dismal outcomes.

david starling

There was this quote from I think one of the World Wars: "Sir, I have bad news--the enemy has us surrounded.:crying:" And the commanding officer replied "Good! Now they'll be easier to shoot at!'. :biggrin:

david starling

There was a song in the 70s, "I Can See Clearly Now", which has the line, "I can see all the obstacles in my way." Astrology is a means for identifying and describing the obstacles. But not necessarily for explaining how to go under, over, around, or through them.