Why do men disrespect me so often?

ZoraEos

Hi all,
I've been disrespected by men often in my life and I wonder if it's evident in my chart, and if my chart yields any insights as to why this is happening, what's it's purpose, and is there any way to remedy it/when will it pass?
Thank you

Attachments

• astrodienst.JPG
    astrodienst.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 50

katydid

Hi all,
I've been disrespected by men often in my life and I wonder if it's evident in my chart, and if my chart yields any insights as to why this is happening, what's it's purpose, and is there any way to remedy it/when will it pass?
Thank you

When looking at how a woman experiences the males in her life, I look to Saturn, to see about her father, and her 4th house, to see about her childhood.

Also, the Mars, which represents the men she attracts and is attracted to in her relationships. One's Mars often represents the animus,the male personification of the unconscious in a female.

And then, the Sun, which describes how one has incorporated that energy into their own way of being.

Saturn is the ruler of your Capricorn Ascendant, thus it is your chart ruler. So it seems that your relationship with your father, has a big influence upon your daily life, to this day. It seems to be lurking in your head [Sat in Aries], and it affects your sense of self with and body image. [2nd house]

Saturn is in it's fall in Aries, and it brings that awkwardness to the forefront in your 2nd, which describes your 'self worth.' Something about your childhood relationship with your father may make you feel 'less than' and not as worthy and not as cherished, as you would hope to be.

Saturn opposes Venus in Virgo in the 8th. Venus is your ability to express and receive LOVE. So something about him has blocked your ability to open yourself up fully to give and receive love? Maybe he sent you the unconscious message that you were not totally loved, cherished and appreciated by him when you were young. It is just how you experienced it, not how he really felt. I am sure he loved you tremendously. But that late Virgo Venus in the 8th made it hard for you to accept that, for some reason. Maybe he was very critical and distant? And you really took that to heart.

Saturn opposed Venus is like a stab to the heart for a young girl. Wanting and wishing for total love and acceptance from Dad, but feeling a lack there somehow.

The positive thing is that it taught you to work hard, to improve yourself, to reach for perfection, and to do as much as possible to help others and to be a good person. Other people value you highly, but you may not always see that.

OK, the Father is past history.

We move on to Mars. Your Mars is very well aspected and is at home in the fiery sign of Leo. However it is in the 7th of partnerships, where Mars is not always comfortable.

Mars in the 7th can bring volatility to one's romantic relationships. It also brings passion and excitement. So your partners are lively, energetic and sexy.

But Mars in Leo , when being squared by Pluto in the 10th, can be very stubborn and easily angered. And the truth about the Animus, your Mars, is that it is YOUR shadow. You are also sometimes stubborn and easily provoked. Some of that anger/resentment can be residual from childhood, where you don't feel you were treasured or shown unconditional love by Dad?

So you may test your partners, provoke them or escalate things emotionally, and that can backfire. :bandit:

The Sun in your chart shows us how to resolve these patterns and how to create better, more harmonious relationships.

Your Sun is sextiling that Mars in the 7th. It gives you the opportunity and necessary skills to build up your self esteem, to strengthen your persona, and find inner strength and self acceptance, instead of being needy or clingy and trying to avoid the fear of abandonment. :love:

Cancer on the 7th creates this inner fear of being rejected, and it works to push people away by just having that inner fear working against you.

Men can disrespect you and take advantage of you, by playing on that inner fear they see in you. They play on your insecurities and you are the only one that can stop them from doing so anymore. :ninja:

Your Mercury in Libra will be 'reborn' and retooled as Saturn/Pluto moves through it transit of your Asc/Neptune/Uranus in Cap in the 1st.

You are being reconfigured, reborn, transformed and it is hard but will be amazing in the end. :tongue:

I don't think you will allow yourself to be disrespected or used in the same ways after this transformation.

Tr Uranus is going back and forth over your natal Moon and Tr Saturn is going over your Uranus in the 1st.

That Moon/Uranus square is being transited bu a Saturn/Uranus square in the sky. So you will be a whole new woman by next spring. :whistling:

It is good that you are exploring this issue now, about relationships, so you can put it to bed.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Lovely interpretation, katydid.
There is only one point that I might question.

"But Mars in Leo can be very stubborn and easily angered."

Leo is a fixed sign, so probably any planet here will be stubborn.
I question the angered part.
Leo is a generous, giving sign.
Mars being action, I think the impulse is for mars to give. The problem arises when there is no one to receive, or the person you are giving to does not receive, or doesn't merit, which creates frustration.
In the querent's desire to give, she may not always distinguish between those who deserve and those who don't, she just gives spontaneously.
This confusion about distinguishing is also reflected in mars inconjunct Neptune.

katydid

Lovely interpretation, katydid.
There is only one point that I might question.

"But Mars in Leo can be very stubborn and easily angered."

Leo is a fixed sign, so probably any planet here will be stubborn.
I question the angered part.
Leo is a generous, giving sign.
Mars being action, I think the impulse is for mars to give. The problem arises when there is no one to receive, or the person you are giving to does not receive, or doesn't merit, which creates frustration.
In the querent's desire to give, she may not always distinguish between those who deserve and those who don't, she just gives spontaneously.
This confusion about distinguishing is also reflected in mars inconjunct Neptune.

I think you are right, Elena, with your Mars in Leo description.

I should have clarified, about the 'easily angered' portion of my interpretation. I was including the Mars squaring Pluto in the 10th, when I added the 'easily angered' portion. And I neglected to specify that, which I should have done. [ I edited it to clarify that point]

I agree with you that Mars in Leo is generous and giving.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

Look at the Sun and then Mars. Sun shows the father-side and your identity you receive from him - inside you. On the outside, it shows the authoritative male figures, or those you value, thereby giving them that power/ authority over you. Your Sun is in Sco and is in an aspect to Uranus, so you come across as too independent and a somewhat unique person to the males that cannot handle that because perhaps they are looking for more conventional and submissive women.

The Mars shows how one will 'tackle' and sort things out - also a male trait. Your Mars is in Leo, so you have your own way to handle things and will not let yourself be commanded around. Incidentally, Mars, that too a strong-willed Leo one, rules your Sun via Sco, so you are, to put it simply, a tough nut to crack for them. However, in a way, it hurts a man's ego immensely to accept the aforementioned, so often they will behave in a dismissive way towards a tough woman.

Finally, the combo of a Sco Sun, Leo Mars, a stable Tau Moon and a Cap Asc. makes you come across as a rather self-willed, self-confident and too stable a personality for a woman - to some men, who simply cannot handle that because in their eyes a woman is supposed to depend on them, be demure and a shrinking violet basically.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Hi all,
Thank you

What do you mean by being disrespected?

Thinking of the respect due as a person brings Capricorn, functioning through Saturn, to mind.
Yet 'respectability' brings Virgo to mind.
Both relate to the norms of societal living.

I remember a number of years back how the word 'Respect' became a major demand rather than request in the young adults of many specific community settings.
It made me think of the transit of Neptune through Capricorn, which
disintegrated and dissolved so much of the traditional concepts with which the sign is related. Those with the conjunction with Uranus underwent the breaking down of the old rules Capricorn instilled. The conjunction provides a freedom of expression earlier generations never experienced. It's a generation that can live by and through the rules they make for themselves.
Uranus especially, requires freedom and emotional detachment.

The chart shows Capricorn rising, with its ruler Saturn in an out-of-sign opposition with Venus in Virgo in 8th. The latter could represent the old fashioned norms of propiety that aren't so functional in modern society today.
Venus is in a close positive aspect with natal Neptune, which can often create a happy-ever-after illusion that may not physically occur.

I would assume that by 'men' you are thinking in terms of your association with those 'young adults' not quite having reached the age of maturity which occurs between the 29-31yrs old …. and were born during that major Uranus-Neptune conjunction. Whereas previous generations were often parents by the mid to late twenties, the current generation doesn't even think about it. It's all rules barred, in which the intimate physical encounters a Virgo Venus in 8th would desire has become a norm of casual inter-changeable relationships without commitment.
That can be hard going for anyone with the rose-tinted Neptune glasses who desires otherwise.

A Capricorn rising would live by the rules it makes for itself anyway. With an out-of-sign Sun square Neptune, how is your self respect? Do you surrender and give in to the will of another, believing in their respect of your rules until shown otherwise. OR, do you keep your self respect that could lead to alienation and lack of attention from those who have no interest in long term commitments?

It may not be a case of 'disrespected by men', and simply a sign of the times into which they, as well as you, are born, but that works out differently in its expression for every individual.

:smile: