Meaning of Chiron

Gemini888

What is the deeper meaning of Chiron, apart from "part trauma"? And how does Chiron work in its sign and house, and in aspect with other planets?

watcherofthesouth

I've been looking more closely at Chiron from a generational perspective. Right now, Chiron is in the last degrees of Pisces, about to move to Aries. Last time this happened was around 1967/68 - with a lot of turmoil going on in the world. Particularly racism, protests and shooting violence. When it turned to Aries (oil) we had the gas crisis in the 70s. There were also a lot of healing/mind body spirit themes..

GoldenLion12

This is a good question. From my understanding Chiron wasn't around until the 70's. Aries in Chiron in my natal chart, is intercepted with the 9th house and 8th house axis of Aries and Pisces. I actually want to write a book on this, because I found it quite fascinating if I'm correct.

My father's teachings and my mother's teachings. Which one was an Addiction Counselor and the other Mental Health Crisis Worker. Which I'm not sure if people could even capture my life story looking at my chart. But Aries in Chiron is quite Brutal. And not sure if I'm looking forward to my Aries in Chiron Return too much here, and already felt it in an event September/November 2018.

I believe it has to do with what Chiron is in your chart and how it manifests in your life.

I found another baby that was missing on our birthdate, and he was found in the toilet at a department store. I found this interesting because he must have been born earlier than me in the day. Later in life I worked at a few department stores, have a friend that is missing since 2001, and also friends with a man who helps find missing persons.

I'm surrounded by a lot of death, divorce, grief, and been a fascinating life time of learning about emotional attachment and emotional detachment. I'm not sure what to think with Uranus in Taurus, Aries in Chiron. lol

When is enough enough. I've lost everything there is to lose in life. And I've done a lot of inner work, but geez, Chiron ***** for our generation if you ask me. We're a small group of Aries in Chiron. Can't wait until some of us start talking.

Chiron in my opinion has physically wounded me, emotionally, mentally, spiritually, financially, in every way possible. And of course it has also healed me in certain ways as well in Uranus in Aries and Pisces in Chiron. Although that was a double edged sword, as I learned the healing community has also wounded on purpose as they understand how it works, but I also understand it's not funny when they harm you on purpose. I'll refrain on how some have done this, but I understand the nodes bring karma and dharma.

I'm sure my Aries in Chiron return shall be very interesting.

I believe it's what your soul intention is working out, as I have North Node Aquarius in 7th house, and South Node Leo in first. And Virgo Pluto with Pisces in 8th house.

Through the wounding, you find the answers to your healing, so most people don't understand this. The internal world versus external world. And of course Western Psychology projects one thing while Eastern projects another. And that is the biggest clue, when I shifted from Western/Christian beliefs to the Eastern Philosophies and Astrology.

Of Course that would have been in my Uranus in Aries/Uranus Libra opposition.

We'll see if Aries in Chiron and Uranus in Taurus is going to do.

Attachments

• astro_25gw_alis_ddd_20181129.56808.123019.jpg
    astro_25gw_alis_ddd_20181129.56808.123019.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 20

BaoSanniang

Chiron is sometimes referred to as the 'wounded healer.' Chiron represents the part of ourselves that we'd like to refine and work on, but fall short of and becomes a source of pain.

AppLeo

Well Chiron is represented by a key, so it could mean unlocking potential of some kind.

Chiron simply shows where one feels the most pain. Where our “wounds” are. Because it’s what hurts the most to us, we know how the pain feels to others and so we can become excellent healers where Chiron is located in the chart.

So if it’s in the 10th house, we may become career or guidance counselors. If it’s in the first house, we would stand up against bullying because we were bullied. If it’s in the 7th house, we may never have a successful relationship and know the pain of relationships, so we may become a lawyer or marriage counselor.

The sign is less important, but it can kind of flavor it. So like Chiron in Aries is like wounded Aries energy. The person struggles to be independent and fiery, and because they know what it feels like to be dependent they know how to encourage others to be independent.

Gemini888

I would like to understand more about how Chiron personally affect an individual in the natal chart. I see a lot of similarity between Chiron and Saturn. They are both restriction, they both represent pain, they both make the chart holder miserable. So what's the difference here? What lesson is Chiron trying to teach us, personally?

I have Chiron in Virgo in 6H, and I don't think I can understand it. All I can read about 6H Chiron is that it brings you problems with health, and makes you obsessed with your health. But I'm a pretty healthy person and I don't find myself thinking about my health that much. It's really strange because Chiron is the focal point of a T-square in my chart, which is supposed to have a strong influence on me. I want to understand what this T-square is pointing me to.

AppLeo

I would like to understand more about how Chiron personally affect an individual in the natal chart. I see a lot of similarity between Chiron and Saturn. They are both restriction, they both represent pain, they both make the chart holder miserable. So what's the difference here? What lesson is Chiron trying to teach us, personally?

I have Chiron in Virgo in 6H, and I don't think I can understand it. All I can read about 6H Chiron is that it brings you problems with health, and makes you obsessed with your health. But I'm a pretty healthy person and I don't find myself thinking about my health that much. It's really strange because Chiron is the focal point of a T-square in my chart, which is supposed to have a strong influence on me. I want to understand what this T-square is pointing me to.

Try a different house system and see if your Chiron switches to a different house. Maybe the different house applies more.

Virgo can also represent many different things than simply health. Could mean a lack being able to pay attention to details, solve problems, an inability to logical or practical, etc..

I don’t think aspects to Chiron are that important unless they are tight conjunctions.

Also, maybe Chiron in the 6th in Virgo does apply to you, you’re just not seeing it in your life.

yuriv

I think chiron might be a place of self-knowledge? Does it fit for anyone that their chiron house is a place of interest, It seems so to me, though I think the chiron hype as a place of pain contributes to it, but then again pain and self-knowledge goes together. So who can validate if their chiron house is a place of knowledge?

ElenaJ

How does Chiron work in synastry? I can't find anything on a Chiron square Chiron between two people. Are they sharing their pain?

Starsareround

I think chiron might be a place of self-knowledge? Does it fit for anyone that their chiron house is a place of interest, It seems so to me, though I think the chiron hype as a place of pain contributes to it, but then again pain and self-knowledge goes together. So who can validate if their chiron house is a place of knowledge?

Hi Yuriv,
My Chiron is in the 9th house, and I’ve lived in several foreign countries as an adult and have travelled extensively. My travels have so informed my thoughts and philosophy that I don’t think I’d be the same person AT ALL had I not had those experiences. It’s also in Taurus and stability is my weak spot and I’m just finally allowing myself to be stable and build, like Taurus. My instinct was always to get rid of possessions and eschew a fixed home.

IleneK

Premium Member
What is the deeper meaning of Chiron, apart from "part trauma"? And how does Chiron work in its sign and house, and in aspect with other planets?

Chiron symbolizes the place of your greatest wounding and your greatest healing. Chiron was a healer and teacher. Read a bit on the mythology and you will understand the meaning better.

Gemini888

Hi Yuriv,
My Chiron is in the 9th house, and I’ve lived in several foreign countries as an adult and have travelled extensively. My travels have so informed my thoughts and philosophy that I don’t think I’d be the same person AT ALL had I not had those experiences. It’s also in Taurus and stability is my weak spot and I’m just finally allowing myself to be stable and build, like Taurus. My instinct was always to get rid of possessions and eschew a fixed home.
From your description, it sounds like Chiron is about getting rid of the negativity of the sign it's in and embracing the positivity to the fullest through the house it's in. I have Chiron in Virgo in 6H. Now that's going to be really interesting...

yuriv

From your description, it sounds like Chiron is about getting rid of the negativity of the sign it's in and embracing the positivity to the fullest through the house it's in. I have Chiron in Virgo in 6H. Now that's going to be really interesting...
Yeah I agree, in my 9H case I thrive on philosophy - abstract thought. My 9H travel is in dreamscapes and I do that a lot too. Now my Leo, well I am growing into that - I started with a science background :)
The theme of self knowledge is still important to me cause I have it conjunct moon - vertex - mars by sign. Those planetary energies have been a source for tapping knowledge about myself.

bakalhau69

As far as i read in the internet,

Chiron in mithology was a centaur , he was a son of Cronos (saturn) and Philrya.
Cronos was married to Reia but he had is eyes on Philrya who was a nymph and so Cronos raped her but while doing so he didn´t want his wife Reia to find out , so in the middle of the act he transform into a stallion so she couldn´t recognize him.

Philrya gave birth to Chiron an half man half horse (centaur) ,but she was disgusted by this creature and she abandoned him.
Chiron was found by Apollo who taught him many things. Chiron is very Special and gifted. He was very good in Healing arts and everyone would come to him and aknowledge him.
One day he was hit accidentally by one of Heracles arrows and those arrows had the poison of an Hydra. Chiron was Immortal, however the poison was very potent and Chiron could not heal himself (Unhealing Wound ) and he was suffering alot.

Prometheus was a titan (immortal) who gave the knowledge of fire to humans and Zeus punished him for that by chaining him and everyday a raven would eat his insides and he would heal ,for eternity.

Chiron ask Zeus if he could trade his immortality with Prometheus Punishment. Zeus Granted him that.
Chiron was recognized by the gods for that action. Sacrifice

In astrology Chiron is that Wound that we cannot heal without sacrifice.
Chiron and Saturn are connected, Chiron was abandoned and still was raised a hero.

See it this way, You need "sacrifice" to heal yourself, chiron and 6th house have a thing in common service/heal others. Your health may be connected to that. Help others "heal" themselves and you may heal yourself.

Last edited:

Starsareround

The 9th house is also religion, and I was raised in a very religious home but my brothers and I all rebelled against it and my experience with religious people have unfortunately biased me against religion in general. It's a real wound and an irony in that it really makes me a lot more intolerant (of religion) than I would like to be.