Solar return chart, large 1st and 7th house.

My birthday was 10 days ago and I just did my solar return chart.

My 1st and 7th houses were very large, each was in four signs, what does this mean? The 1st house started in aquarius and ended in Taurus and consisted of
Jupiter and Neptune. While the 7th was from leo from scorpio and consisted of mars, venus and the moon.

Does this mean that I will be focusing more on love and myself this year?
One year I had both venus and moon in my 7th and I lost my virginity like 20 days after my birthday (which is when the solar return is the strongest from what I have heard). But I did not have any more relationships that year. Also this year mars is conjunct venus.

Also both my 9th and 10th house were cusp in sagittarius, and since Jupiter is in my 1st house this year could this mean traveling/moving away?

I have pluto and saturn in the 12th house and some said 12th house rules escaping from home (pisces) so could pluto and saturn also mean moving away (almost like running away). Also what are the actual effects of saturn and pluto in 12th house? I could not find any information just people being scared of it because it creates mental problems? (I've already had many hard mental issues since december 2019 and I did not have any transits or solar return planets in 12th or 8th house.) Could those two planets in my 12th house help me with sorting through my mental issues by myself?

I would love to hear any replies about this, thank you.

Osamenor

Staff member
You can get very wonky houses like that if you're at a high latitude, especially close to a solstice. Solar return charts for Geminis, Cancers, Sagittariuses, and Capricorns who live above the 50th - 60th parallel will see that often. If you were born at that latitude, you may also have extreme houses like that in your natal chart.

One solution is to use whole sign or equal house. Personally, that's what I'm inclined to do to get more of the meat of the chart. No matter where in the world you are, your life has the same arenas as anyone else. All the houses matter.

What I would use those huge first and seventh houses for is a general overview. First house is self, seventh house is others. When those houses are so big that they encompass practically everything, the balance between self (first house) and others (seventh house) is an underlying theme to everything else that's going on. You may be more aware of the action in other areas of your life, which would be seen in the whole sign or equal house houses, but that self/other theme underpins it all.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
One year I had both venus and moon in my 7th and I lost my virginity like 20 days after my birthday (which is when the solar return is the strongest from what I have heard).

What sign is your eighth house cusp in?

Very commonly, maybe even universally, people lose their virginity at a time when their eighth house ruler is either having a return or making a hard angle transit to itself. If your eighth house is ruled by the sun, which it is if its cusp is in Leo, close to your solar return would be apt timing for that to happen.

Venus and Mercury also make annual returns, always close to the solar return. Mercury's return can only happen within a month of a solar return, and it's usually closer. For Venus, the window of possibility is wider, but more often than not, Venus returns also happen a month or less from the solar return. If your eighth house is ruled by Venus (cusp in Taurus or Libra) or Mercury (cusp in Gemini or Virgo), the ruler's return could account for the timing.

Themes in your solar return chart could strongly suggest a sexual or romantic focus. If you have that in your solar return chart, the transit of the eighth house ruler is a likely trigger for the exact timing. Eclipses may also be a trigger, especially for people with a sun or moon ruled eighth house.

I saw some thread about that subject after I posted this post and I checked my 8th house for that year. I had sun and mercury in my 8th house that solar return, I don't know if that is specific but I do know that sun in 8th does mean some kind of transformation. But what was interesting is that the cusp of the 8th house was gemini that year and the guy I was with was a gemini sun with a gemini stellium.

Also just checked the transit and mars (the ruler of my 8th house) was in my 8th house that time.

You can get very wonky houses like that if you're at a high latitude, especially close to a solstice. Solar return charts for Geminis, Cancers, Sagittariuses, and Capricorns who live above the 50th - 60th parallel will see that often. If you were born at that latitude, you may also have extreme houses like that in your natal chart.

One solution is to use whole sign or equal house. Personally, that's what I'm inclined to do to get more of the meat of the chart. No matter where in the world you are, your life has the same arenas as anyone else. All the houses matter.

What I would use those huge first and seventh houses for is a general overview. First house is self, seventh house is others. When those houses are so big that they encompass practically everything, the balance between self (first house) and others (seventh house) is an underlying theme to everything else that's going on. You may be more aware of the action in other areas of your life, which would be seen in the whole sign or equal house houses, but that self/other theme underpins it all.

Yes I do know that with other types of house systems you can get houses that are the same size but I do find different sized houses interesting. I've read that the size of the houses in this type of house system can dictate how much energy the person puts into the houses or how much activity the person has regarding the things the houses represent.

In my natal chart the houses are all almost equally sized meanwhile in my relocation chart for the place where I currently live the ascendant is the same but the 1st and 7th house are so much smaller than the other houses. I do understand that it is because of the high latitude as you said but still I think the sizes of the houses have an effect. I haven't had any luck in the 1st and 7th house areas where I live, and with a natal venus and juno conjunction in my 1st house and a libra moon this has been a burden.

That's why I was hoping that maybe with these very large and full houses I would have a bigger focus and maybe more action in those areas this year. But even if the house system is equal I still have jupiter in 1st and venus and mars in 7th because they were so close to the house cusps. So in both house systems there is still major activity in those houses.

Osamenor

Staff member
I saw some thread about that subject after I posted this post and I checked my 8th house for that year. I had sun and mercury in my 8th house that solar return, I don't know if that is specific but I do know that sun in 8th does mean some kind of transformation. But what was interesting is that the cusp of the 8th house was gemini that year and the guy I was with was a gemini sun with a gemini stellium.
Astrological themes show up several times over, when they show up. Often there's some small, seemingly unimportant detail that's just too perfect. Your Gemini partner is an example of that!

Also just checked the transit and mars (the ruler of my 8th house) was in my 8th house that time.

And where was t-Mars in relation to your natal Mars? Was it making a return, square, or opposition?