Confusion about evolution via north node in Gemini

MoonlightSonata

Before I start begging for help/clarity again, let me say happy 2021, y'all. I hope this year's a lot sexier than 2020 was.

Now on to the begging. I've been reading about the nodes and how they help us evolve into better versions of ourselves, and I thought I had the basics down until one author decided to refer to a chart holder whose Gemini north node happens to be in the ninth house of all places.

To me, the interpretation would be something like this: In order to evolve, the chart holder needs to be more specific about his/her/their generalizations. :confused: And that can't possibly be right, or at least it doesn't sound right to me. So I'm hoping some kind soul or souls will chime in, especially if you have this placement or know someone who does and how it plays out.

What happens when a sign that likes details is in the "big picture" house? I would think anything in Gemini would be off-kilter so to speak in the Sagittarian ninth house.

katydid

Before I start begging for help/clarity again, let me say happy 2021, y'all. I hope this year's a lot sexier than 2020 was.

Now on to the begging. I've been reading about the nodes and how they help us evolve into better versions of ourselves, and I thought I had the basics down until one author decided to refer to a chart holder whose Gemini north node happens to be in the ninth house of all places.

To me, the interpretation would be something like this: In order to evolve, the chart holder needs to be more specific about his/her/their generalizations. :confused: And that can't possibly be right, or at least it doesn't sound right to me. So I'm hoping some kind soul or souls will chime in, especially if you have this placement or know someone who does and how it plays out.

What happens when a sign that likes details is in the "big picture" house? I would think anything in Gemini would be off-kilter so to speak in the Sagittarian ninth house.

It can be confusing when the North Nodes sign is in opposition to the house it rules. :pouty:

The North Node describes what you are yet to experience and learn. And where real growth can happen. . It can can show us what our Soul wants to master in this incarnation.

Learning about Spirituality, Philosophy, Religion can be helpful for north node in 9th house people. You can grow by learning about other cultures and beliefs, developing your spiritual side, expanding your horizons through travel and Higher Education.

So what happens when we add the sign Gemini to that^^^^?

It is much like you said, narrow down the focus somewhat and be specific. So after researching other cultures and religions, be sure to CHOOSE one or two for yourself to practice and take part in.

Learning several languages is great, but if you don't talk to your neighbours or friends then all of those languages are useless.

So the North Node in Gemini means working on one's interpersonal communications, developing close bonds with neighbours and siblings, locals.

Gemini=Becoming a part of one's local neighborhood and making a difference in local daily life.

I would tell a native with the No Node in Gemini in the 9th to travel and research and study abroad, but be sure to bring that knowledge back home to your friends and neighbours and siblings, so you can put that knowledge to constant use. :innocent:

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Happy New Year Wishes to you.

My explicit memory of such a person.

Many Moons ago an astrology friend's husband (both 2nd marriage) used to listen 'in passing' to the lessons at their home. Out of 'pure curiousity' he asked for a chart reading. He had Gemini NN in the 9th house.

A question that knocked him back was 'What is it like living for/with the common folk?'. He was born into a family of good standing', lived in an 'upper class' area, and was able to receive the best education. After what he described as falling into the clutches of carnal sin, he left the seminary and exchanged a life in the priesthood for a career in the medical world, later teaching students entering the nursing profession.
All very much circumstances one could apply to Sagittarius in 3rd house. with SN in it???

He enjoyed being able to 'pass on his knowledge'. He was very philosophically inclined, yet could explain his views in a Jack and Jill language that was so easy to listen to and understand. NN in Gemini 9th house?
I loved those after lesson chats. He helped me in re-writing astro. articles in which I used too many words, exchanging my long-winded sentances for shorter ones that still said the same. A charming and very friendly man.

Through the costs of a traumatic divorce, raising his children, meeting his 2nd wife through his work, further exchanging promotional careers always within the medical field, he said to be very happy with how his life had turned out (evolved?). BUT; it meant living in a terraced house on a street in a built-up area, and that was what had remained a niggley worm he couldn't fathom out for himself until it was pointed out to ....and asked of him.

Edit to include katydid reference:Gemini=Becoming a part of one's local neighborhood and making a difference in local daily life.

:smile:

Last edited:

Lin

I'm just wondering if the original poster has gotten his/her answer.

Remember that the 9th house is a sort of ''culmination'' of information, as it represents both libraries and the justice system....along with those other dynamics of higher education, philosophy, foreign travel and cultures.

Gemini is the sign of need for information...experience.

When Sagittarius is the ruler of the 3rd house and Gemini is the ruler of the 9th (I assume that to be....if not post your birth details and I can look at your chart) -
THEN the person whose s. node is in the 3rd house of ''experience gathering'' will think he already has all the answers.

He needs to build a life of learning. All things 9th house. If he stays in the 3rd house he becomes a ''know it all'' without necessarily knowing it all or even part of it all.

Planets adjoining the n. node make it much easier to fulfill the node's purpose.

Planets adjoining the s. node tend to encourage a wrong course.....a wrong personal evolutionary course.

LIN

Frisiangal

When Sagittarius is the ruler of the 3rd house and Gemini is the ruler of the 9th ...................-
THEN the person whose s. node is in the 3rd house of ''experience gathering'' will think he already has all the answers.

He needs to build a life of learning. All things 9th house. If he stays in the 3rd house he becomes a ''know it all'' without necessarily knowing it all or even part of it all

I have always understood (also discussed on 'the other site') that the 1st-6th houses are tuned toward the experiences regarding one's personal life, and the 7th-12th houses to one's life as it relates to inter-action and participation in the wider world.
There are hundreds of millions who have the nodal axis in reversal of the natural order of signs-house realms (including me). One has to breathe in to breathe out, and vice versa, so to speak.
'No man is an island' does seem to make a lot of sense in that respect.

My first astrology teacher (Sag. Asc.-Pisc. Sun) viewed a nodal axis as representing the train journey from A to B. The different station stops on the way were where the individual 'gets off to take in the experiences', as per planet in house realm.
It's an analogy I've always found very effective for those who envisage more to life than only the living of it.

Every planet in sign can produce a positive and negative 'learning' effect.
Can the same be said of a nodal axis, if that's the journey to take? Personally, I don't think so. Why take the train for California if the ultimate destination is Timbuktoo......unless a detour for change of scenery is a necessity.

But that's just how my quirky mind works.

:smile:

Humanitarian

In a Libra rising chart, the keyword is balance and integrity, so you need your evolution through sharing philosophical and place that you've traveled to your friends at at school, or sharing casual things with your teacher, philosopher or any professional people. You also need evolution about your enjoying too, because you enjoyed the outcome while living in your hometown, and you haven't gone to the outside yet or it can be the opposite, enjoyed the journey at school, which destroyed you before. So, you need either probably enjoying of the journey at philosophical places, and you can read philosophy books while going evolutionarily through your journey to your real Nodal mission, or enjoying the destination while at home and living near your place of birth.

AstrologyMangalBhawan

Gemini, which is considered to be the lord of planet Mercury, is an important position of the North Node which holds special significance in astrology. The North Node is also called 'Rahu' and represents the movement of the northern planets. It is considered an important medium for growth in life when situated in Gemini.

The high position of the North Node indicates kingship, dominance, perfect yoga, and highest spiritual practice. When it is in Gemini, it motivates the person to move towards development in speech, intelligence, and communication skills.

Gemini represents intelligence, prudence, and eloquence. When the North Node is in this sign, the person has a chance to develop at a higher level in the field of communication. With this he can build good relations with people, and express his thoughts clearly.

Along with the development of communication skills, through the North Node the individual in Gemini also gains the ability to think at his or her deepest level. Here, there is time to explain and develop his intelligence in detail. He gets an opportunity to review, revise and express his ideas and ideology.

The path of growth through the North Node in Gemini is very interesting and stimulating. To understand this, one needs to develop his intelligence and communication skills significantly. This proves to be the beginning of an adventurous and exciting journey of her growth through communication and ideas.