Random Thoughts

david starling

It’s certainly been an excitable couple of years in terms of natural disasters and then the surprise of the election of Donald Trump, who was breaking up the establishment. How would you describe Uranus in Sagittarius? It sounds good to have a mix of sudden change centred around philosophies.

I don't think of Urania:)uranus:) as a DIRECT cause of sudden change, the way it's usually portrayed. I see it as upping the intelligence-level, so that the NEED for change, whether sudden or gradual, is revealed. But, Sagittarius is a fast-changing Sign, Mutable-Fire, so the changes would most likely appear suddenly, in a good, philosophical way. In Taurus, they'll be more gradual and also good, with a Sense of Direction. But in Aries, it's just change for the sake of change, regardless of consequences.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

We all are aware of the illuminati by now. Catapulted into the pop culture in 2009 with the movie Angels and Demons, the "illuminati" has been the source of a great many contemporary conspiracies, notably the death of Micheal Jackson and the supposed hegemony that this group has over the music industry.

My first encounter with deeper information on the Illuminati was 6 years ago, on the website vigilant citizen. They still have the post up which you can read up on. This states the historical origin of the name Illuminati to the Bavarian Illuminati which was founded on May 1, 1776.

https://vigilantcitizen.com/hidden-knowledge/the-order-of-the-illuminati/

The reason why I'm mentioning the illuminati is because I encountered an online occult podcast on the Adam Weishaupt's Bavarian Illuminati and I think this podcast did a very good job in introducing new information and perspective on this controversial topic. It also focuses on the man behind the legend himself, and the views and incidences that were integral to his creation. Check it out if you're interested in a view that doesn't focus on the conspiratorial controversy behind the order.

http://occultofpersonality.net/josef-wages-and-the-order-of-the-illuminati/

The discussion begins at 7:16. If you are sufficiently interested/obsessed about this, you can even invest in buying the collected works of Adam Weishaupt which will further your understanding on the machinations of the mind of the creator of the Illuminati.

conspiracy theorist

I think Astrology is occult, although it is seen as apart of the "outer court" and "lesser mysteries" - the kind of knowledge that is open for wide-scale spreading without too much confusion and controversy.

Most people don't know beyond their sun sign, and of those that do most don't know about the mechanics of a horoscope in a comprehensive way, and of those that do most don't have the interpretative skill to make the chart come alive. Of those, a lot of them don't know any predictive technique beyond transits and progressions. This forum obviously has a built-in confirmation bias in terms of people who know astrology to a sufficient degree so that they can read the charts and hence the lives of people.

Then you have those that use astrology in magical practice like in a lot of hermetic stuff.

david starling

I think Astrology is occult, although it is seen as apart of the "outer court" and "lesser mysteries" - the kind of knowledge that is open for wide-scale spreading without too much confusion and controversy.

Most people don't know beyond their sun sign, and of those that do most don't know about the mechanics of a horoscope in a comprehensive way, and of those that do most don't have the interpretative skill to make the chart come alive. Of those, a lot of them don't know any predictive technique beyond transits and progressions. This forum obviously has a built-in confirmation bias in terms of people who know astrology to a sufficient degree so that they can read the charts and hence the lives of people.

Then you have those that use astrology in magical practice like in a lot of hermetic stuff.
"Arcane" might be a better fit for astrology than "Occult". We're not deliberately hiding anything from people, just confusing them with it if they're not willing to learn.

ynnest

"Arcane" might be a better fit for astrology than "Occult". We're not deliberately hiding anything from people, just confusing them with it if they're not willing to learn.

There is much about astrology that is hidden which makes people believe its not hidden because they are not part of the hidden part.

Y

david starling

There is much about astrology that is hidden which makes people believe its not hidden because they are not part of the hidden part.

Y

Same with any complicated body of knowledge with its own, agreed-upon, specialized terminology. My real point is, that Astrology is most often used to reveal, not to conceal. The methods used are out in the open, and there are those who are willing to teach them.

Last edited:

ynnest

Same with any complicated body of knowledge with its own, agreed-upon, specialized terminology. My real point is, that Astrology is most often used to reveal, not to conceal. The methods used are out in the open, and there are those who are willing to teach them.

You talk like you know what I am talking about. I highly doubt that.

Y

david starling

I've decided to experiment with elevating the asteroid/comet Chiron to rulership status, Domiciled in Sagittarius (partnered with the Ascendant to which I've already accorded Native-rulership of Sagittarius). If anyone finds this interesting enough to ask "why", I'll tell you. :biggrin:

Last edited:

AppLeo

We all are aware of the illuminati by now. Catapulted into the pop culture in 2009 with the movie Angels and Demons, the "illuminati" has been the source of a great many contemporary conspiracies, notably the death of Micheal Jackson and the supposed hegemony that this group has over the music industry.

My first encounter with deeper information on the Illuminati was 6 years ago, on the website vigilant citizen. They still have the post up which you can read up on. This states the historical origin of the name Illuminati to the Bavarian Illuminati which was founded on May 1, 1776.

https://vigilantcitizen.com/hidden-knowledge/the-order-of-the-illuminati/

The reason why I'm mentioning the illuminati is because I encountered an online occult podcast on the Adam Weishaupt's Bavarian Illuminati and I think this podcast did a very good job in introducing new information and perspective on this controversial topic. It also focuses on the man behind the legend himself, and the views and incidences that were integral to his creation. Check it out if you're interested in a view that doesn't focus on the conspiratorial controversy behind the order.

http://occultofpersonality.net/josef-wages-and-the-order-of-the-illuminati/

The discussion begins at 7:16. If you are sufficiently interested/obsessed about this, you can even invest in buying the collected works of Adam Weishaupt which will further your understanding on the machinations of the mind of the creator of the Illuminati.

Pffft you can’t be serious

Illuminati ********?