Sun in 8th house

sibylline

You said it yourself, sibylline:

To me, the "no" sounded like you were saying no to the experience I shared. Mine couldn't possibly be right. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but it felt that way to me.

To be fair, this post said "most," not "all." My bad on that.

So you're being defensive over what you felt was said, not what was actually said.

The "no" was not in reference to your experience, it was saying "no," one does not need to have other "relationship" factors in addition to an 8th house to feel a strong desire to partner. That couldn't be more clear, I think, even in the snippet you quoted.

You reference "other eighth house suns" and astrology books, but you say nothing about your own experience. Do you have an eighth house sun? If so, please speak from your own experience. That's what this thread is really about: sharing personal experiences. If you're not an eighth house sun, you don't have that personal experience to speak from, so please acknowledge that, and don't try to tell us what our experiences should be. Maybe that's not your intention, but that's what's coming across.

Lol?

...Did you ask muchacho, RaRohini, theV, etc for their 8th house Sun card? Or are only people who present a side to the 8th house you don't personally identify with required to show 8th house identification?

Also, you do realize that, "what this thread is really about" was never defined? And it is not up to you to define it?

Anyway, I don't think I'd be considered new at this point, and my placements are around here in many places, so I didn't know I needed an introduction. Sure though.

Hello, I'm sibylline. I like biochemistry, acting, natal astrology, fashion, and laughing. :)

I'm:

8th house Sun, in a Sun-ruled chart
8th house Venus, conjunct the Sun
Child of an 8th house Sun
Grandchild of an 8th house Sun
Niece of three 8th house Suns

So since an 8th house Sun and personal experience with the 8th house Sun apparently determine if and how one's comments should be regarded, then I think all of you should defer to me. Plebeians.

;)

As far as sharing my personal experiences, I'll pass. I'm not inclined to share certain experiences on a public forum so I wasn't too interested from the start. Then I saw you joined the thread and lost all interest. I just don't enjoy more subjective threads when there are "corrector and director" personalities present. I mean no offense by that since we all correct and direct on this forum, as it is about learning astrology. Some of us can be more paternalistic than others, however, IMHO.

I don't see anyone discarding the meanings or creating new ones.

If you don't see that, then you should probably read over prior posts. I'm not going to quote comments, therefore pulling more people into this, as unless there is something pressing, this will be my last response in this thread.

To know the real meanings of the eighth house in people's lives, we have to take it from people who have the eighth house highlighted. That's what sharing our experiences is for.

Modern house meanings already incorporate real life experiences; they're not conjecture.

There is one such book that is all "reality", no "theory" -- it uses over a 1,000 people's lives and charts, 100+ to describe each house position. Although you might not like that book as it does have paragraphs describing a desire for a committed relationship in the 8th house Sun delineation. If you (or anyone else) are unfamiliar and still interested, you can PM me for the title.

Anyway, I more than get trying to understand astrology via our lived reality and that's something I also espouse.

I'll see you around the forum, Osamenor. :sideways:

Since,Sun in the 8th house is in my chart, it's automatic to face your deepest fears such as for me being trapped in unwanted situations!Then speaking up about it which Mercury in the 8th house like I have can do!

CapAquaPis

The 8th house is thought to increases the change of someone to be LGBTQ and Im genderfluid or bigender, although heterosexual (a biological male identifies as a female sometimes). An Aquarius sun/moon conjunction may indicate my self identity as male and female is greater than a similar same-sign conjunction in other signs.

I have sun mars venus and mercury in my 8th house! as well as pluto in 1st house - scorpio rising :) bot to mention venus in gemini, i’m androgynous and gay af. hahahaha

CapAquaPis

Anyone with a sun in 8th are interested in the dark, weird and taboo...these are very scorpion traits in astrology. To venture into the bottom, the underground and the forbidden. I dare to discuss anything I'm not allowed to say on this forum. :whistling:

GeminiSun

Thank you so, so much for posting this. I resonated with this so much. It is the best Sun in 8th House analysis I've read online yet!