How do I start planning a wedding date?

isismagdalenne

I cant do March 13th anymore. Eric scheduled a 3 week class for his work!!! GAH! So now Im moving on into May, after the 17th I can get the moon into sagitarius (it only has face) venus is highly dignified but mars is debilitated. and that moon is in opposition to the sun.

isismagdalenne

My sister's wedding present to us is for us to use her timeshare accomodations. So I have to go when there are slots available. So far, it is looking like the arrival date will be may 15. Now, I can do several different things. I can get married that week while in FL. I can get married any time before we go..even an earlier month if I absolutely have to. I could get married later after we get back, but I REALLY dont want to do that, it kinda defeats the purpose, soo that is only last resort.
This election has been driving me INSANE! First the ASC. I read your supposed to use a fixed sign. BUT I also read you cannot use an ASC that is the sign of the cusps of either partner's 6th, 8th, or 12th natally. SOOOO, this leaves out Aries, Taurus, Cancer, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius. So no fixed signs. So I dont know how much that effects. I understand the idea behind it...fixed sign = secure;.. mutable = changable ect. But in application personally, I dont know how to think of using a mutable. If I find it will be ok, I am thinking of using Virgo because it is my ASC natal and his MC natal. The next problem is Saturn. Obviously, Saturn will always be in the sky, and thank goddess it at least has essentail dignity (except the Rx), but what house to put it in? With a Vir ASC it would put it in the 2nd which Im thinking might do the least harm. BUT in may, june and I THINK part of JULY it is conj the fixed star Vindemiatrix. When you look this up on constellation of words it says it has been referred to as "the widow maker" UMMM that is NOT good. However, I tend to get confused by the explaination of the fixed stars on these sites because sometimes they give contradictory (or seemingly) indications. On May 23rd (which is probably AFTER we will get home which is still not preferable) Mars will perfecte a conj with Venus. But Mars is debilitated in Tau, even though Venus will be highly dignified and give reception. On May 30th, mars and venus will be within orb, (seperating is not good in this instance) but the seperating factor will be rectified by the moon being in between the two and transfering her light. The condition of the moon is a problem on most other dates, I can get it dignified by face on may 18th at 15 dgr sag. Oh, and opps...I just realized a Virgo ASC is going to put Uranus smack in the 7th...thats no good. OH man this is maddening! Anyone can help?????? Im running out of time.

dr. farr

Please don't get over-stressed about the election>that astrologer's election you sent me seemed very good: what about that suggested date and time?

isismagdalenne

the person that did the may 30th one, its all very good, now that Ive let a couple people look it over, I feel satisfied that its not a bad chart. EXCEPT. While discussing with him, we realized when he cast Eric's natal chart he accidently put +1 hour for Daylight Savings instead of -1. So, he had him at a Cappy ASC when Eric is actually a Sag ASC. Which changes the issue about not using natal 6,8,12. The Scorpio ASC wont work if we adhere to that rule because Scorpio is on Eric's 12th cusp. He is going to get back to me. The issue is now deciding which is worse...involving Eric's 12th or using a mutable sign.

dr. farr

Putting his 12th sign on the ascendant-striking as it does right to his constitution (his natal astrological constitution)-would be far worse than putting a mutable on the wedding ascendant (at least based on my understanding of the practical application of astrosophic principles)

Olivia

Mutable is the second choice. I also talked with Deb Houlding and she agrees - she said commitment tends to wane with a cardinal sign on the ascendant, which I think is the concern for all of us - cardinal is too fast for a marriage.

isismagdalenne

so if I use the same date, the may 30th (which who knows if will be possible after picking the new ASC) and I went with a virgo ASC, it puts the saturn in the 2nd. It puts Uranus in the 7th. I know, most of you dont care about Uranus...but it looks at me. It floats around on the wheel and I know its there. If I use Sag it puts saturn in 10 above the luminaries and puts venus, the moon and mercury in the 6th. with pluto in the 1st (placidius) I could ignore pluto, except in the 1st its hard to for me. everything else is cardinal or one of our natal dark houses. I will put up a chart.
except on the third chart I put up....the astro.com site put moon, venus, merc in the 5th which is MUCH better...I mustve used a slightly different time for the Sag ASC on that one. But still Saturn is 10th above luminaries.

Attachments

• wedding_election_ideas_13400_2591.gif
    wedding_election_ideas_13400_2591.gif
    48.5 KB · Views: 18
  • wedding_election_ideas_2.gif
    wedding_election_ideas_2.gif
    49.3 KB · Views: 22
  • wedding_election_ideas_3.gif
    wedding_election_ideas_3.gif
    48.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

dr. farr

To my understanding of things, the 5:35 pm Scorpio ascendant chart is the best choice
...the worst choice would be the 9:00 PM chart which places the Dragon's Tail in the 7th house of relationships!!

isismagdalenne

Maybe I dont get to pick. Maybe its so hard because you cant pick your fate. Something will block you until you just end up with what you would get anyway and then only afterward can you merely read what you ended up with?

Olivia

If you use a mutable ascendant, then you're going to need Mercury and Jupiter in good aspect to each other because they'll be your significators regardless of which pair you use - Gemini/Sag or Pisces/Virgo.

I'm not keen on the idea of using his 12th house as ascendant. But the 30 May date may be the best, and you may need to use it.

I ran up some speculative charts as there's an upcoming Jupiter/Merc conjunction, and it had almost everything I wanted to see - except for Saturn applying in opposition to Jupiter and Mercury. Since Saturn's in Libra (exalted), retrograde (badly behaved), it'd win. And it seems like every other time there's a good Jupiter/Merc aspect this year, one or the other of them is retrograde, which we definitely don't want.

Have you spoken to Robert about it and does he have any ideas?

Last edited:

Olivia

Maybe I dont get to pick. Maybe its so hard because you cant pick your fate. Something will block you until you just end up with what you would get anyway and then only afterward can you merely read what you ended up with?

Well, there's always going to be something to gum it up, but you can avoid a lot of potential landmines using elections. In the 30 May chart, you get a lot of good things - enough, it seems to me, to overcome quite a lot of the bad things, and to soften the blows considerably.

That's what elections do, and again - none of them are perfect. We can't completely escape fate, but using astrology wisely will mitigate the worst of it for some of the most important decisions in our lives.

isismagdalenne

So I got the new one back from Robert. He is wanting to keep the May 30th, turn back the ceremony time 1/2 hour, and use a Libra ASC. Only, this is a cardinal sign, which like we were talking about before, may not be the best choice. However, the good is that it keeps Saturn in the 12th house, and keeps Venus in the 7th. Once more it makes Venus the lord of the 7th by Taurus. He says his only concern with making venus lord of 7th is that Taurus is the cusp of Eric's natal 6th. But, that bonatti never said anything about the LORDS, just avoiding the signs. If I use May 30th there is a good chance I will have to go on my trip and not get married while on it, then get married when I get back. Which kinda *****, but if I have to I guess I have to. I preffered to get married ON the trip 15th -21, but we cant get the moon to behave during that time and Venus wont behave until she goes into Taurus after the 16th I think. I only wished I could use the "magic" of the trip to start the marriage...honeymoonish...instead of doing it backwards. But, then again we've done the whole relationship backwards! lol (met, got pregnant, learned each other's last names, got to know each other, fell in love, moved in, now almost 8 years later (ish) getting married....but honeymoon first? heh)

dr. farr

1) from an esoteric perspective (which is really where I come from in almost all matters) whenever you and he solemnly declare out loud to the Cosmos and with full intent that you two are "now" married-and then do some meaningful physical act of commemoration to "earth and manifest" this declaration-then THAT is THE REAL time of the marriage-because THAT is the intention-motivated solemnizing ceremony TIME when the "official" marriage begins, as far as the Cosmos is concerned...

2) a cardinal sign (Cancer) was on the ascendant when my late wife and I were married: we remained married from that time (1972) until she passed away in early 2008: 36 years: don't worry too much about a cardinal sign on the marriage ascendant!

Last edited:

isismagdalenne

wait, should I be worried about this star Lesath conj the north node? It says "if the moon transits here, buy cattle, hunt, but do not marry"
But its NOT the moon itself...its the node...whatcha think? And why does the node move so slow but the moon itself so fast?

dr. farr

...and since it is not the Moon doing the transiting, the indication does not apply-so don't worry about it!
The lunar nodes represent the defining "planes" of the eclipses of the Moon; these planes "move" much more slowly than the Moon, taking about 18 months to pass through a (tropical) sign; also, the lunar nodes move backward against the wheel of the zodiac (most of the time), that is, they (mostly) retrograde through the signs...