Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

If life was a car... many people would say how to handle the situation. Me personally if life were a car I'd just get out of it.

If you think of your Chart as vehicle for living your life, what sort of vehicle would it be? Mine is like a sailboat with an auxiliary engine for emergency situations.

Whoam1

If you think of your Chart as vehicle for living your life, what sort of vehicle would it be? Mine is like a sailboat with an auxiliary engine for emergency situations.

Mine would be a bucket with a wooden spoon as a paddle. But the bucket would be made by Cadillac and the spoon by Calvin Klein (when a Pluto moon is the bucket, Jupiter being in there is the branding, and capricorn is the enigma that makes those brands the one I chose).

david starling

Mine would be a bucket with a wooden spoon as a paddle. But the bucket would be made by Cadillac and the spoon by Calvin Klein (when a Pluto moon is the bucket, Jupiter being in there is the branding, and capricorn is the enigma that makes those brands the one I chose).

Not a submarine, then? Maybe you could upgrade to a Cadillac canoe with a Calvin Klein canoe paddle. :biggrin:

david starling

I love this site. This particular essay isn’t my favorite essay but I can understand why you like it, conspiracy theorist, as you have experienced a much wider internet world than me. The writer reminds of Taleb - not Kweli the rapper but Lebanese Greek Orthodox economist Nicholas Nassim. I hope it’s not. People call Taleb insufferably superior, pugilistic, demeaning. I don’t think so. Sounds to me like a diamond mind filled with a pure love. Are the two traits unrecognizable together in a worldly person?

I thought a little shave with an Occam's razor could have resulted in a better article. Moderation in all things, including both simplicity and complexity.

Whoam1

Want to hear something crazy.
I made my name on this sight when I was oiss drunk tired, that name lead to many conversations, which lead me to where I am in astrology but also shaped my remaining years of highschool, the name lead to discussions of what career I'll choose, that literally blows my mind.

If I never chose my name here at midnight **** drunk tired I wouldn't be going to the best culinary institution in the world like I am today.

Forgotten Warrior

Rudiii what’s the poverty situation like where you live? I know the country is poor but do the vulnerable suffer? I just watched a video about poverty in my country and it was upsetting. Even though we are a ‘rich’ country, there have been political decisions that have caused the vulnerable to suffer a lot.

Well,it's pretty complicated....Some poor people don't even receive financial help(or very little),and others who are faking it(they're inventing various excuses to not work),and these guys mainly receive more than poor people.Of course,the poor ones with many children generally gain more money from the government(that's one of the criteria)
But poverty is caused by the corruption,the political situation in my country.That's why many are leaving,especially young people.We sadly have one of the biggest diasporas in the world,even though we are only 19 million(we used to be 21/22)
I personally don't want to leave,my country has good parts too,but everyone my age is bragging about it,so...

david starling

I love this site. This particular essay isn’t my favorite essay but I can understand why you like it, conspiracy theorist, as you have experienced a much wider internet world than me. The writer reminds of Taleb - not Kweli the rapper but Lebanese Greek Orthodox economist Nicholas Nassim. I hope it’s not. People call Taleb insufferably superior, pugilistic, demeaning. I don’t think so. Sounds to me like a diamond mind filled with a pure love. Are the two traits unrecognizable together in a worldly person?

Can you recommend any essays you really admired on this site?

conspiracy theorist

I looked up Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Interesting and powerful sounding man, I like what I see summarized regarding his life's work. I'm going to go search around for his writings to get a more in-depth understanding of the kinds of ideas he's put forward.

One thing that I can give the Theosophists credit for is that they understand that a person can be working class in the most "mundane" professional field and still be guided by the "white brotherhood". There isn't any unnecessary divorcing of the two spheres at all. There's also schools of thought that raise being "nice" and inoffensive to the highest virtue, and anybody showing an edge simply isn't evolved or spiritually advanced enough. I wonder how such people would fair underneath the auspices of some of the legendary Zen masters and other "crazy wisdom" teachers.

conspiracy theorist

Another lasher I enjoyed reading was Schopenhauer. I remember having a belly laugh after what I saw him write about I think it was Hegel. You're a talented writer if your hatred still zings after 200 years. His Mars conj. asc really shines through.

Whoam1

Just found out I had an angular Uranus with .08 degrees of the vertex. Unconsciously Uranus should have been my name I guess. Also for all those who guessed an Aquarian nature, my bad you were very correct.

david starling

Another lasher I enjoyed reading was Schopenhauer. I remember having a belly laugh after what I saw him write about I think it was Hegel. You're a talented writer if your hatred still zings after 200 years. His Mars conj. asc really shines through.

Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) had a wicked sense of humor. He spoke truth to power, even though it hurt his career. Sun, Mars, and Venus in Sagittarius; Moon conj Pluto in Aries; Asc and Mercury in Scorpio; Leo M.C.; and, Urania:)uranus:) Domicled in Aquarius.
Wonder what he'd have to say about today's world.

conspiracy theorist

Jesuit priests have been integral members of the school teaching body of the high school where the brightest children of the country tend to matriculate. You'd be interested to know that Jamaica is a country of many churches. There is a prominent Catholic group called Missionaries of The Poor, that is based in Kingston. They have monks from around the world, including from your country.