Dragon's tail

freedomlover

After reading Theo's great interpretation of the astrological influences surrounding Steve Irwin's death, I must say I want to know more about "the dragon's tail". Apparently it is something one should not be ignorant about. Is it the same as the South Node? And is the True Node the same as the North Node? Astrodienst only prints out the True Node.

I'd been meaning to ask this node question for a while, and after reading Theo's article, I decided the time was now. ;) I think I should be aware of how "the dragon's tail" is affecting my chart, especially in light of all of the he** I've already gone through.

mathur_dinesh

Could you elaborate as to what was the bad period you are referring to. The Nodes, as you know, are two-North Node or Dragon's Head and South Node or Dragon's Tail.In Vedic astrology they are called Rahu and Ketu respectively. They are the points of intersection between the apparents orbital paths of the Sun and the Moon. When the points are calcualted matemetically they are the Mean Nodes. When they are fixed through actual movemnet of the Sun and the Moon they are the true nodes.No planet is inherently adverse for an individual. This applies to the Nodes too.

Theo

Banned
freedomlover said:
After reading Theo's great interpretation of the astrological influences surrounding Steve Irwin's death, I must say I want to know more about "the dragon's tail". Apparently it is something one should not be ignorant about. Is it the same as the South Node? And is the True Node the same as the North Node? Astrodienst only prints out the True Node.

I'd been meaning to ask this node question for a while, and after reading Theo's article, I decided the time was now. ;) I think I should be aware of how "the dragon's tail" is affecting my chart, especially in light of all of the he** I've already gone through.

The Dragon's Head & Tail are the Moon's Nodes. The "true node" is one I prefer because it accounts for the wooble of the Moon's because of the combined orbits and movements of the Sun, Earth, and the Moon. The "mean" node basically rounds the wooble out, but the "true" node accounts for it.

freedomlover

Thank you all for your help. So... the South Node is the dragon's tail. I should check my chart for where the transiting South Node is affecting it?

To: Mathur Dinesh

I was referring to Theo's references to the dragon's tail in his post on the thread "Crocodile Hunter's Death". However, I re-read it, and it seems not only the dragon's tail, but the Mars transit to it.

Howl

I'm somewhat familiar with my natal lunar nodes, however, I still wonder how to interpret the transiting nodes against my natal chart.

Does anybody else here have a first house Cancer North Node? :)

Claire19

Simple really, we dont use transiting nodes. They are not viable or valid. Many try to but then I dont use asteroids or fixed stars either. Keep it simple I say. The only transits of lasting effects are those of Pluto, Neptune, Uranus and Saturn. Also the natal placements must be taken into consideration as well. If there is no echo in the natal chart, there will be little if any effect felt. The progressions as well need the natal chart aspects in connection. Our natal or blueprint chart determines what will happen and the transit trigger events. Call it fate or whatever....we do have free will to some extent but not always is my belief;

Claire

Virinchi

yeah
dragon's head & tail are north & south nodes
they're actually shadows of earth & moon (called as RAHU & KETU in vedic astro)

Theo

Banned
freedomlover said:
Thank you all for your help. So... the South Node is the dragon's tail. I should check my chart for where the transiting South Node is affecting it?

To: Mathur Dinesh

I was referring to Theo's references to the dragon's tail in his post on the thread "Crocodile Hunter's Death". However, I re-read it, and it seems not only the dragon's tail, but the Mars transit to it.

It is always a good idea to note where the Dragon's Head & Tail are... not only the transiting lunar nodes, but one's own natal. Re/ Irwin ~ his death was a very sad event, and with transiting Mars so close to the transiting lunar node at that time ~ it was bound to occur under the conditions he chose to swim so close to the sting ray. Irwin's chart is errie when noting the transits of the time ~ almost a perfect chart considering his natal & progressed aspects to the transiting aspects of the day of his death.

Discover

Does anybody know what is implied when one goes through a rahu-ketu phase in their life?
Meaning, rahu mahadasha-ketu subdasha...