My question

JackWhite

Guys, I have a question, how do all sorts of satellite imagers help in the calculation (satellites that are in space and people have access to what they display)?
I'm just wondering, if this is the age of technology, is it possible that astrology is getting its progress and can use various devices?
Do you think I'm right, or am I getting my head around the wrong way?
And where is the best place to read about astrology, so that it is just some kind of research, confirmed by facts, so that when people ask questions, I don’t fall into a stupor, not knowing what to answer to the argument: Astrology is not a science.

And yet, why do you think people are so skeptical about this science? And why for some is it something like an excuse for themselves?

I will be glad to your feedback.

[Link deleted for potential spam. - Moderator]

[Thread moved from the Help With Forums and Suggestions board because that board is only for topics having to do with the use and function of the forum, which this is not. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

JUPITERASC

Guys, I have a question, how do all sorts of satellite imagers manufacturer help in the calculation (satellites that are in space and people have access to what they display)?
I'm just wondering, if this is the age of technology, is it possible that astrology is getting its progress and can use various devices?
Do you think I'm right, or am I getting my head around the wrong way?
And where is the best place to read about astrology, so that it is just some kind of research, confirmed by facts, so that when people ask questions, I don’t fall into a stupor, not knowing what to answer to the argument: Astrology is not a science.

And yet, why do you think people are so skeptical about this science? And why for some is it something like an excuse for themselves?

I will be glad to your feedback.
In the West astrology is considered fairground entertainment
and is not considered a science by many
so anyone may selfstyle as "...an astrologer..."

however
in contrast
in the East, Vedic astrology is recognised as an ancient science

also
keep in mind
the skill of the individual astrologer is important :smile:

JackWhite

In the West astrology is considered fairground entertainment
and is not considered a science by many
so anyone may selfstyle as "...an astrologer..."

however
in contrast
in the East, Vedic astrology is recognised as an ancient science

also
keep in mind
the skill of the individual astrologer is important :smile:

Thank you very much for your answer!And I'm glad you got the gist of my question.Your help is very helpful for me.

Osamenor

Staff member
Astrology is itself a method of calculating the positions of the planets--in relation to Earth. For that purpose, it's perfectly accurate.

Some of the cosmology included in traditional astrology is not accurate from a modern scientific perspective. The sun and the planets don't really revolve around earth. Traditional astrological mapping is based on the assumption that they do. However, that mapping does accurately judge the relative distance of the planets from us: Moon is closest to us, Saturn is farthest from both us and the sun, Mercury and Venus are closer to the sun than we are.

It also provides an accurate measure of where we are in relation to the planets at any given time. Since it's drawn from a geocentric perspective, it's explained in terms of where the planets are in relation to us, but really, both perspectives are correct.

In that, astrology and science do not contradict. What's different is that while science is all data, astrology adds storytelling. And the use of the zodiac to determine the positions of the sun, moon, and planets. Astronomy does not recognize the zodiac, although astronomers sometimes use sidereal positions to describe where a planet is (i.e. Venus is seen in the constellation Gemini; this eclipse takes place in the constellation Aries). The tropical zodiac isn't based on constellations, but on measurements derived from the solstice and equinox points. So, more often than not, the zodiac sign where a placement is found is different from its sidereal position.

In short, no new technology is needed for astrology. However, when new discoveries are made through technology, they get added to modern astrology: the planets Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, for example. Astrologers did not come up with the technology used to discover them, but they did come up with symbolic meanings for those discoveries, which astronomers don't bother with.

Osamenor

Staff member
All,

This thread is not the place to argue the merits of traditional vs. modern astrology. Brief mentions of what they are is one thing, but that's not the topic of this thread. I've deleted a couple of posts that were heading in that direction.

On topic,
Osamenor