Finally did it!!!!!!

pudinnpop

Hi all,havent been here for awhile but i have great news!!

I HAVE FINALLY QUIT SMOKING!!!

Its been 7 days of my quit and i attribute my saturn sextile mars to it!!!

I just wanted to share!!!

KingNoOne

You have won the battle, that's really admirable. I've been trying to quit smoking now for some time except I always seem to relapse. I guess I just need more willpower. I think part of the problem is that I don't really want to stop though and feel like I'm more doing it for other people which makes it more difficult.

Good work!

The_Saturnian

You have won the battle, that's really admirable. I've been trying to quit smoking now for some time except I always seem to relapse. I guess I just need more willpower. I think part of the problem is that I don't really want to stop though and feel like I'm more doing it for other people which makes it more difficult.

Good work!

I know the feeling. The way to be successful in this is build your confidence levels slowly but surely - NO RUSH!!! When your willpower is low try implementing the following method that I used. The art to doing it is to wean yourself off of the dependency of nicotine. Old habits don't die easily. (P.S. I use to smoke in front of parents with my dad at home, and this made it all the more challenging, but I still persevered in the end).

1). initially try to reduce the strength of each cigarette you have over the first 9 months. Take your time doing this. Remember, 'the first step is always the hardest.'
2). Once you have reduced the strength, then start to reduce the number of each cigarette a day. Delay the period between each cigarette you have and try and stretch it as much as possible. But remember not to push yourself too hard! Take your time, you’re not running late for a train. LOL
3). Then comes a hard 'switch over' to nicotine patches. This is slightly rough. However, after a couple/few weeks something magical happens :D When putting the patch on you will actually feel the nicotine get to your head like a cigarette within 10-15 mins.
4). Now stick to this strength of patches for a few months and then you will need to take the next step which isn't hard - reducing the strength of the patch you are on at this stage i.e. 25mg.
5). Next, every 2/4 months reduce the strength in your own time to 15mg, then to 10mg, then to 7mg and finally 5mg.
6). Once you get on 5mg, start cutting the 5mg patches with a pair of scissors in half and use half a patch (i.e. 2.5mg).
7). Then try and cut it into a quarter of 5mg patch (i.e.1.25mg) - optional.
8). Then you leave your patches and onto the chewing gum. By this time, this 'switch over' won't be that hard. There are 2 strengths available I think: one is 4mg and the other 2mg. obviously start with 4mg initially and continue with the gum for 2/3 months.
9). Move on to the 2mg for another 2/3 months and then cut the gum in half into making it 1mg for another 2/3 months.
10). Now the next step is to start to part nicotine from your body. Start each day for a week/10 days with a piece of 1mg at 8am and every 1 week/10days you want to deliberately delay the consumption of nicotine by 30mins/1hr. I.e. 9am, then 10am, etc. It's hard to do this, but by now you are nearly nicotine free. You may experience a very heavy head, but this will disappear in time so don't worry at all.
11). Now, you've come this far I think you are now ready to put yourself through the ultimate and final test. Coming off the gum completely. By pushing the time as to when you start chewing your 1st piece of gum during the day your body becomes less and less dependent this only makes you stronger and more confident and determined. A time will come whereby you will then only need to chew a 1mg piece every other day, and then every 2 days etc.
12). finally give it all you have and believe me, you will go through a week nicotine free with nearly no crave or at least a small crave which is controllable enough. At time start going to the gym/kick boxing classes to build your self esteem further and before you know it you'll ask yourself a question - where has my addiction gone too ?

That's how I did it after smoking 25-30 a day for about 6.5 years. On the 14th March 2009 I started and came off the nicotine completely on 4th September 2010 and I did it and feel so good today. You can do it too :D

If this method does not work at least you can say to yourself you have reduced the strength of each cigarette you smoke/gum you chew, and therefore are less likely to suffer from something because you have increased your immunity to illnesses proportionately. Plus you will attract a lot more people of opposite gender as well ;)

Hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck. You can start your own thread and let us know of your progress. Talking to us will help as well. Helps yourself and the stars will help you.

KingNoOne

I saved that advice for future readings, thanks for the input!

But still, I love my cigarettes and they love me. Maybe a little too much. Haha.

The_Saturnian

I saved that advice for future readings, thanks for the input!

But still, I love my cigarettes and they love me. Maybe a little too much. Haha.

LOL feel free to us the advice for future readings. I'd like hear if anyone actually does take up the long winded challenge and suceed.