Sleep Paralysis

Jaded

Premium Member
Hi everyone,

For the past three years I've had debilitating sleep paralysis. The kind that you can see something lurking and feel a presence but cannot move. I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem and under what transit?

Thankfully I'll go months without it, but when it does occur it will last for weeks.

Just want to see what others have experienced. Thanks.

graay ghost

It is strange because I've heard of all sorts of "supernatural" feelings attributed to sleep paralysis, while I've never had those. It tends to happen to me when I fall asleep in a public place... like one time it happened in class and I "dreamed" that the teacher found me asleep and hit my desk with a ruler like he kept threatening to do to sleepers and even though I was awake I couldn't get up, and another time it was on a flight and I "dreamed" that the flight stopped, everyone got up without me, and the flight left for another destination because I couldn't get off.

Maybe my unconscious just isn't very creative... :annoyed:

I did not keep track of any transits for these. They say that sleep paralysis can be influenced by sleep position, and that supine tends to invite it but for me it's always been while sitting in a chair.

Jaded

Premium Member
That would suck to be in public and have it happen. At least the encounters I have would anyway :sad:

I usually experience mine when in my bedroom. I've had these encounters since I can remember but never this frequent. They are starting to get more and more "for lack of better words" terrifying.

I can usually see something from the corner of the room move, or I get touched. My least favorite is when my heart races I almost feel like I'm going to have a heart attack.

I just wonder if it's attributed to diet, or possibly stress.?

rahu

Banned
my take on sleep paralysis is that it is a function of astral projection.
when one astrals out, your soul/consciousness physically leaves the body and travels on the astral plane. as the soul is the spark of life, when the soul leaves the body, the chemical processes that make up life start to shut down.
if the soul astrals out for too long, the bodies chemical processes have degenerated so much that the spark of life can not reignite the force of life In the body and the body dies. I believe this is why many times in a astral experience/dream one suddenly becomes fearful and wakes themselves up. this is a safe guard to let the soul know the body is near physical death.

when a soul has been out of the body a little too long and then returns to the body, they find that the chemical processes have broken down partially. the soul can reenter the body but it tales 2-3 minutes for all the bodily chemical processes to get back up to speed.

my sleep paralysis usually happen when I took naps in the afternoon or when I slept later in the morning after waking up.i haven't had seep paralysis for a long time, but waking up and then going back to sleep In the morning often brings dreams.

Jaded
I noticed your chart has Uranus opposed to Jupiter with he sun/mercury,sun/Saturn midpoints conjunct Uranus and the venus/mars midppint conjunct the sun/Uranus midpoint.

mercury is at 20sag41. the transiting node was square to mercury on march 28th. so if these dynamics are valid, your current sleep paralysis may have picked up then.as the node goes toward a square of Uranus, these experiences may continue through November.

rahu

Last edited:

Jaded

Premium Member
Rahu,

:smile: as always I enjoy and appreciate your input!!! :smile:

If it lasts until November I'll be a ball of nerves lol.