Yod Aspect Pattern

7401Rizey

Can anyone give me an insight on the Yod pattern in my chart? It's been said that the one who has this aspect has a "special mission" to go through during their lifetime.

7401Rizey

my chart.........

Attachments

• astro_2gw_05_rizey_hw.84966.27026.jpg
    astro_2gw_05_rizey_hw.84966.27026.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 31

Krewster

Not to say your special mission has been cancelled....

But Mars 150 Pluto seems the only aspect (among the three needed to compose a classic Yod) that lies within acceptable orb (and, anyway, those fuzzy keywords for configs seem aimed more at obfuscation than guidance one can grip).

7401Rizey

Are you trying to say that I don't have a yod aspect in my chart? I have venus and mars inconjunct pluto, with venus and mars making a sextile aspect.

Alice McDermott

As the orb allowed for a quincunx is 2 degrees, Venus is a bit out of orb. However, as Venus/Mars midpoints Pluto I would be inclined to allow it as a YOD.

Pluto is an important dwarf planet for you as it also midpoints your Ascendant/MC and conjoins your Part of Fortune.

As Pluto is in your 11th house, the types of friends you choose will determine the way your YOD functions so it is wise to be quite discriminating. As both Venus and Mars are involved I would suggest particular discrimination in sexual partners.

I have written a bit about the YOD aspect here that you might find interesting: http://aliceportman.com/yods-and-quincunx/

Alice

dhundhun

This should not work as YOD. However had it been a YOD, it'd require commitment and diplomacy to manage challenges in this. I can imagine to the extent of marriage (and ...).

Krewster

T'was a sad day when I said goodbye to sextiles way over 3 dgrees (as is your Ven "60" Mars). Charts lose a lot of fuzzy/weak-influenced, feel-good aspects, exposing a cooler, even crueler, aspect mix which, ime, helps to better focus on reality, rather than what one would wish it to be.
Similarly, t'was a happy day when I said goodbye to 150's orbed way over one degree (compelled by welcoming the septile family aspects into my synthesis toolbox, among which your Ven tri-septile Pluto is 1.22 degree orbed and, so, not an inconjuct with 2.55 degree loose orb).
Puzzling, why an above comment directs you to webpages about inconjuncts and Yods when (last time I checked) that same website professes belief in the septile family aspects.
In sum, one can bend over to justify a fuzzy/flexible orb policy in all sorts of ways among which is *not* included this type of situation where the aspect in question becomes mislabeled as a result.

Last edited:

Alice McDermott

=Krewster;560190]]Puzzling, why an above comment directs you to webpages about inconjuncts and Yods when (last time I checked) that same website professes belief in the septile family aspects.

I understand Krewster and overall agree.

It was just that this pattern had a midpoint to the focal planet and wasn't all that out of orb so I thought I would consider it on that basis.

Still ... it is not a 'proper' YOD as the orb is too wide.

The YOD is based on the 12th harmonic and the Septile series is based on the 7th harmonic so it is probably best not to mix them.

Alice