Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Traditional Astrology

Traditional Astrology For discussions on Traditional Astrology only. (Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras. In general, it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction) though there may be some exceptions, and always excludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) as well as any asteroids. The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation and more on prediction. Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.)

Unread 01-16-2019, 06:57 PM

Please explain to me

second marriage is seen from 11th house and lord mars is in 4th house with venus and moon. Jup is seeing 11th house and lord mars also seeing it and strengthening.

Can anyone explain what the above statement means.

I am not sure how to interpret this statement

Last edited by Karenstars; 01-16-2019 at 07:00 PM.
Unread 01-16-2019, 07:41 PM

Re: Please explain to me

11th house is 3rd marriage, 9th is 2nd.
Unread 01-16-2019, 07:57 PM

For Firmicus, marriage was 10th house. For most after, it was 7th house.

A second marriage would be either 10th house or 7th house, depending on who you follow. It doesn't change houses because it's a different marriage.

Can you give us the source for that quote?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oddity For This Useful Post:
petosiris (01-16-2019), SunConjunctUranus (01-16-2019)
Unread 01-16-2019, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
For Firmicus, marriage was 10th house. For most after, it was 7th house.

A second marriage would be either 10th house or 7th house, depending on who you follow. It doesn't change houses because it's a different marriage.

Can you give us the source for that quote?
Most Greeks used 2-4 houses for relatives, so Thrasyllus quotes Hermes and Valens himself use 7th and 10th for wives (marriage). As far as I know, those are the only two places used in the tradition.

I also have not heard 11th, so I am confused by the above post. It is post-ascending the X, but that does not strike me as enough rationale for assigning second marriage there. I also don't think one should change houses for second or third marriage.

Last edited by petosiris; 01-16-2019 at 08:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to petosiris For This Useful Post:
SunConjunctUranus (01-16-2019)
Unread 01-16-2019, 08:16 PM

Thank you all for responding. The source is someone who answered my question of concern of my marriage on a different forum and that was their response and I didnít understand it. So I guess I should just disregard. Or maybe would it be 11th in Vedic? I donít know Iím very confused. But thank you all for taking the time to answer
Unread 01-16-2019, 08:23 PM
Banned

Yes, you might ask on that board for your question, as a quick google search does show that they use 9th or 11th for other marriages - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...splay.php?f=87

https://www.indiadivine.org/content/...riage-is-seen/ - probably it has to do with the trine

Tags
explain