Switzerland

I cee

Not sure this is in 'ok' place, anyhow I was jus pondering on the jet planes going over, WAR planes, and I thought to myself 'not a wonderful world'.
This is like a different world....to me its unknown.
Jet planes.....how much do these cost?
How much do we, I'm talkin' uk, do we spend on DEFENCE?

D E F E N C E...interesting word..this assumes we need to be DEFENDED.???

So to my question...how come Switzie goes neutral?

Could the UK go NEUTRAL.?

Astrologlogicaly, does the chart determine how a country DEFENDS itself?

If we need DEFENCE does this mean we are DEFENSIVE as a nation?

I have no idea on Mundane Astrology, but would like any input or views put forward on my pondering.

Inline

Astrologlogicaly, does the chart determine how a country DEFENDS itself?

I would think so, looking at the ASC and DC and the combination should give an indication how a country would attack and defend itself, or not?

Germany's national charts, here is a story of attack & defence:

German Republik 1871 (before WW1) = Libra ASC / Aries DC
Weimar Republik 1919 (after WW1) = Taurus ASC / Scorp DC
Federal Republik 1949 (after WW2) = Cap ASC / Cancer DC
Reunification in 1993 = Leo ASC / Aqua DC

here the link:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/countries/germany.php

I cee

I would think so, looking at the ASC and DC and the combination should give an indication how a country would attack and defend itself, or not?

Germany's national charts, here is a story of attack & defence:

German Republik 1871 (before WW1) = Libra ASC / Aries DC
Weimar Republik 1919 (after WW1) = Taurus ASC / Scorp DC
Federal Republik 1949 (after WW2) = Cap ASC / Cancer DC
Reunification in 1993 = Leo ASC / Aqua DC

here the link:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/countries/germany.php

That makes a lot of sense Inline! Thinking about identity and others.
Thanks for the link, I'll have a gander.

I looked at Switzerlands chart for a very breif moment and its axis is Scorpio/Taurus.
Would you look at the Ruling planets of Asc/Des. Venus and mars are conjunct but seperating.
With the sun,merc,venus,mars and NN in the 10th, sun,merc,(if you include NN in a mundane chart?) all in Virgo and venus and mars in Libra.
Moon and saturn in Pisces in 4th with the moon and neptune snuggling up to the IC either side.
Pluto is in 5th with Uranus Rx in Aries.

In fact all the outer planets are Rx, does this have an influence over a mundane chart?
I'm thinking as in a personal chart, these planets would be more introspective, do you think this could be a clue to their Neutrality??

I just thought too that the Rulers are in Libra, so maybe giving the 'No War' stance?
Moon in pisces also not an attacker and dreaming down there at home, IC.

Last edited:

greybeard

I'm a Yank, eh Cuz?

And couldn't resist the opportunity
To discuss the need for a Limey Home Defense Force.

1066-- A gang of Normans swims across the Channel and conquers England without breaking a sweat.
1781 -- A small band of rebels from a loose-knit group of colonies brings Cornwallis to his knees at Yorktown. The defeat was due, in large part, to the arrogant under-estimation of the enemy.
1814 -- General Jackson inflicts a humiliating defeat on the self-same veterans who fought so valiantly and effectively in the Iberian campaign, at New Orleans. A historically accurate (minus the alligator) song is at.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL7XS_8qgXM
1914 -- England is pulled into war with Germany, a bloody war of attrition. In April 1917 the former Colonies come to help out and in November 1918 an armistice is declared.
1939 -- Again England is drawn into war with Germany. She is isolated, cut off from supplies by the U-boats, bombed to rubble, and nearly bankrupt. 1942, the impregnable British bastion in Asia, Singapore, with her guns turned to the sea, falls to the Japanese with a whimper. In 1944 the Yanks land in Normandy and a year later the war is over. You have the Russians to thank for that one.
1947 -- A tiny man wearing diapers kicks the British Empire out of India without firing a shot.

England has almost constantly been at war, either with her neighbors or with herself, for the past 1300 years or so.

Switzerland has been able to remain neutral because her mountainous terrain is easy to defend and cheese and cuckoo clocks are not esteemed as the booty of war. And her neutrality (arising from a fiendish mixture of greed and amorality) makes her expedient for belligerents of any stripe. England has no such advantages. And this time the Normans wouldn't have to swim; they could use the Chunnel.

Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

We ignore history at our peril.

Last edited:

I cee

I'm a Yank, eh Cuz?

And couldn't resist the opportunity
To discuss the need for a Limey Home Defense Force.

1066-- A gang of Normans swims across the Channel and conquers England without breaking a sweat.
1781 -- A small band of rebels from a loose-knit group of colonies brings Cornwallis to his knees at Yorktown. The defeat was due, in large part, to the arrogant under-estimation of the enemy.
1814 -- General Jackson inflicts a humiliating defeat on the self-same veterans who fought so valiantly and effectively in the Iberian campaign, at New Orleans. A historically accurate (minus the alligator) song is at.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL7XS_8qgXM
1914 -- England is pulled into war with Germany, a bloody war of attrition. In April 1917 the former Colonies come to help out and in November 1918 an armistice is declared.
1939 -- Again England is drawn into war with Germany. She is isolated, cut off from supplies by the U-boats, bombed to rubble, and nearly bankrupt. 1942, the impregnable British bastion in Asia, Singapore, with her guns turned to the sea, falls to the Japanese with a whimper. In 1944 the Yanks land in Normandy and a year later the war is over. You have the Russians to thank for that one.
1947 -- A tiny man wearing diapers kicks the British Empire out of India without firing a shot.

England has almost constantly been at war, either with her neighbors or with herself, for the past 1300 years or so.

Switzerland has been able to remain neutral because her mountainous terrain is easy to defend and cheese and cuckoo clocks are not esteemed as the booty of war. And her neutrality (arising from a fiendish mixture of greed and amorality) makes her expedient for belligerents of any stripe. England has no such advantages. And this time the Normans wouldn't have to swim; they could use the Chunnel.

Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

We ignore history at our peril.

So astrologically why is this?

Why do they keep 'avin a go?

Careful that stick aint dynomite lol

greybeard

They keep 'avin a go because the Brits are Brits and what're ya gonna do?

All civilizations, cultures (there may be a very few isolated exceptions) do this. It is called human nature.

Freud postulated the psychological energies he called Eros and Thanatos as basic to human nature.

Astrology, of itself, does not address such issues. "Astrology" (the stars in the heavens) are above such things. Astrology comes to life when it is appied to human affairs, and it is then that we must take human nature into account.

And swinehood hath no remedy.

I cee

They keep 'avin a go because the Brits are Brits and what're ya gonna do?

All civilizations, cultures (there may be a very few isolated exceptions) do this. It is called human nature.

Freud postulated the psychological energies he called Eros and Thanatos as basic to human nature.

Astrology, of itself, does not address such issues. "Astrology" (the stars in the heavens) are above such things. Astrology comes to life when it is appied to human affairs, and it is then that we must take human nature into account.

And swinehood hath no remedy.

Lets just say then that switzerland is a person, that might be interesting? No/yes

What kind of person would he/she be?

Last edited: