What's holding him back?

scahm

I've been trying to make steps towards reconciling with my ex and whilst I can sense he's receptive to me trying, it's almost like he's holding back from coming towards me himself. I cast a chart to see if I can decipher why - I see that both of our significators are weak, preventing action, but I wonder if there are further clues as to why.

He as Mars is combust the Sun, in the sign of my detriment (but about to enter my domicile) - I was inclined to think it's his ego holding him back but as Sun rules his 4th house, I'm not sure this interpretation applies. It wouldn't make sense for it to be his family either so I'm unsure what else it might suggest. His third house ruler just shy off the ascendant confirms my suspicions that he may have been secretly keeping tabs on me on social media.

Any other thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 10.21.44.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 10.21.44.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 10.21.50.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 10.21.50.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 23

rafaella

which ex? I see you posted about an ex in the past, who recently gotten married to another woman, is it about him? If it's about him, we need to decide whether its helpful or hindering on you own emotional wellbeing to be interpreting a chart that may just bring you more harm.

If it's about a different person, then we can go from there.

scahm

which ex? I see you posted about an ex in the past, who recently gotten married to another woman, is it about him? If it's about him, we need to decide whether its helpful or hindering on you own emotional wellbeing to be interpreting a chart that may just bring you more harm.

If it's about a different person, then we can go from there.

Thanks rafaella - this is about a different, most recent ex.

rafaella

Thanks rafaella - this is about a different, most recent ex.

I’m not seeing a reconciliation between you. There is reception but both without essential dignity. Mars, him is in 12th combust. He’s overwhelmed and dealing with stress. Not clear minded. Mars exalts Saturn and applying. He might be going back with an ex of his. No aspect between your significators. You are too emotionally invested in him, moon in sign of mars. Venus is also in sign ruled by mars. But Venus is in its 1st house. So I think mentally you know this going nowhere and trying to gain some stability and security for yourself, by trying to put yourself first. I think this is the way to go. Despite how you feel about him, this is best to move on. There is no relationship.

Why do I think it’s about the married guy? The chart points to it being about him. Either way, it’s a no.

Hope you find peace and healing

scahm

I’m not seeing a reconciliation between you. There is reception but both without essential dignity. Mars, him is in 12th combust. He’s overwhelmed and dealing with stress. Not clear minded. Mars exalts Saturn and applying. He might be going back with an ex of his. No aspect between your significators. You are too emotionally invested in him, moon in sign of mars. Venus is also in sign ruled by mars. But Venus is in its 1st house. So I think mentally you know this going nowhere and trying to gain some stability and security for yourself, by trying to put yourself first. I think this is the way to go. Despite how you feel about him, this is best to move on. There is no relationship.

Why do I think it’s about the married guy? The chart points to it being about him. Either way, it’s a no.

Hope you find peace and healing

Thanks rafaella - definitely not about married guy - that was an ex from two years ago who I haven't had any contact with since. This chart is about an ex who abruptly ended things with me two years without being able to state a clear reason as to why.

I can see him being stressed - I wondered whether this was to do with work however as Saturn rules his 10th house, as opposed to an ex? Interesting you suggest that however as I did worry he may have left me because he was still in love with his previous ex. As far I know though, she is in a relationship with someone else and he has made a lot of references to feeling single recently.