Leo in 10th - Moon + Jupiter

ecuadorable

Like others who have posted, I'm very, very interested in some feedback regarding vocational directions... especially with the current Leo/Mars transit. I am only a dabbling astrologer, but with so much going on with the transits (Saturn moving into my 12th, Pluto in the 3rd, plus a number of other hard aspects) and the fact that I am currently in voluntary career limbo, I've taken an avid interest in what the next few years might have in store for me.

A little bit of background...

- I'm nearing mid-age and have been in a home-based design business since my children were young. However, I am currently feeling a bit closed in and interested in changing my course a little.

- I have a (very merger) background in drama and the fine arts and I occasionally play and write music (for my own benefit).

- I have several stories I'd love to write if I found the time or knew there would be a good future for it, written in my the stars.

- Spouse is my primary income and some things about that will be a hurdle for me - mostly with the upset of currently unshared domestic duties and time that the domestic-to-career shift would usher into it. In many ways, spouse is my astro-opposite: Gemini rising, Taurus Sun, MC in AQ, Taurus true node, Mars in Libra, Venus in Cancer, and shares my Leo Moon and Aries Saturn. I suppose I'm being a bit too Libra Venus wanting to include the spouse in this!? LOL.

Very curious about this MC/south/north/true thing if anyone has some insight. I've read some already, but was hoping for a more simplistic explanation (such as MC=what you strive for? True Node=karmic struggle?)... as you can see, I still need to try and wrap my head around it better, I guess. With my Moon in the tenth/MC, does that mean I should be striving towards more career success, less dependency, to complete my life? Should I work for my mom? Jobs that sway towards caring professions?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

~ecu

chart_transits.gif

I've also attached the Lunar Return with Natal in case that is helpful to anyone. I've heard they can be very revealing... but that too, is more than I've learned yet (same with progressions). Off to explore more on the boards!

Attachments

• chart_LR.gif
    chart_LR.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

starlink

Ecuadorable, welcome to this forum! With every question asked, it would be helpful when we also can see a chart. Would it be possible for you to upload your natal chart (can do an anonymus chart in astro.com, extended chart selection), following this links directions? Thank you.

subscribed.gif
sticky.gif
Sticky: Attaching Chart as a Thumbnail! (
multipage.gif
1 2)

Starlink

ecuadorable

Sorry, I thought I had it showing as a gif link. I've made an edit and reloaded.

I want to add...
I worked in sales years ago, but I always found it a bit too pushy with the "show me the money" part of it. Prior to the home-based stint, I did sales training, which I really enjoyed.

Last edited:

iwonder

With my Moon in the tenth/MC, does that mean I should be striving towards more career success, less dependency, to complete my life? Should I work for my mom? Jobs that sway towards caring professions?

Moon shows how you meet your emotional security needs. Being in the 10th, it is through your public image, reputation, career. I read it is good for working with the public as you can feel the changes in public mood and connect at basic, emotional level. Yours is in Leo, and acting is the first thing that comes to mind. Politics, maybe (Moon rules your 9th - ideals and philosophies, and Jupiter is also in your 10th). Maybe working for a cause.

10th house is ruled by the Sun, and it is in the 2nd - your reputation/social standing/career depend on your assets (money, talents, values). And vice versa - Jupiter that rules your house of values is in your 10th. So there is that interdependency of the matters ruled by the two houses. You cannot have a fulfilling career without investing in yourself, and your talents will not fully develop if not related to what you are known for by the society.

All your houses of substance (2nd, 6th and 10th) are in fire signs. So in your career and work life you must have a vision, be independent, pro-active and initiating. Your Sun is in open-minded philisophical Sagittarius, conjunct dreamy Neptune. Sextile from Uranus in 11th is probably some potential to use unique arroach to express yourself (Sun). Trine with 5th house Saturn, ruler of your 3rd house of communication, suggests a way to be creative in communications. Especially that you have Mars (energy to be self-assertive) in the 3rd, and it is sextile Neptune (creativity, inspiration).

I see there is an artistic potential to deliver your very own vision and ideas (fire) to the public (Leo MC, Moon in the 10th). You don't have a lot of air in your chart, but a lot of fire and earth. So maybe expressing yourself in a more tangible and practical way is something you would consider? Or at least something that delivers practical value.

And to answer your question whether to strive towards less dependency, I say: yes, by all means! Your Sun is in the 2nd - you want to shine in the matters related to independent survival in the material world, and your emotional comfort (Moon) comes through your social standing.

I am sure there is more, and my attempt is very brief. But I hope it helps.

smilingsteph

Hello!
Well you do have the moon in the 10th house! This can indicate you as a mother nurturing your children as a job. This can also show your mother as she may bring about a job to you as you stated. Or you taking care of your mother as a job....
The moon rules your 9th house. 9th house can indicate that you will take your higher education, values, beliefs and place them with the 10th house.

The other house to look at is the 6th. It is the house of service, which is martian ruled. Ruler is in the 3rd house....of communications...
The 6th house shows you can be very efficient and an effective leader, as also pluto in the 11th house indicates.
Mars in the 3rd house. Mars here is one where furthering the education is likely as the energy is driven towards learning, puzzles things that stimulate the mind. Even writing...

Mercury in Scorpio people can show a real perception for that of which needs some deep probing, like a mystery. In the first house you can probably do very well in expressing yourself. You go out in the world to be seen as an intellectual and you probably are very smart. :biggrin:

Leo cusps your 10th house and the sun is the ruler placed in the 2nd house. So making money and doing something in your work can illuminate your sun and bring self-worth and an income.
As you mentioned Mars is activating your 10th hosue, to stimulate this area of your chart....

The sun squares the moon, so there is an imbalance of what you need to do vs what you want to do, always being torn in both directions. This imbalance is hard to deal with, because you feel emotionally bonded to something and that sun wants to break free to shine. The emotions are at odds with your inner ego. I have this placement and boy have I suffered. I have told lies even to be able to balance my will vs need out. I have learned heavily from that.
Off topic-
There may have been issues with the parents, as the moon represents the mother and the sun represents the father, so the square can show that the two were at odds in some way.

Your sun conjuncts neptune and can bring about a great deal of artistic talent, or to be spiritual, probably a bit sensitive and dreamy.

Your mercury is not very well aspected. As it is sort of a lone wolf out there all alone demanding attention. When a planet does not have many aspects it really screams out in the chart. It has one major aspect to the MC and it is a square and it has a minor aspect to venus; so it is not really a true unaspected planet but can act like one here.
Sometimes the energy is that of which it wants to remain in the background.
You mentioned writing, since mercury is in the first house and is angular is is probably strongly motivated to scream out for attention. I think writing would be a good idea. Maybe to write a good mystery? As mercury rules the 8th house...
I hope I helped!

Claire19

Strictly looking at your chart. I can see that you have potential for being involved in the tourism industry and with student exchange
also involvement with children and teaching perhaps. Your path is to organise homes and accommodation for travellers perhaps. The good aspect from NN in the 6th to Jupiter points to working in that area. Leisure and pleasure resorts, even cruises with Neptune involved.
Your ruler Pluto is conjunct Uranus in the 11th so the airline industry can be a factor also. There is a chance you may have an interest in the third world children and their plight.

You have a few squares involved which denotes hard work and overcoming obstacles to achieve your aims and this is growth producing and gives satisfaction once achieved.

Transits involving your 11th house planets Uranus and Pluto and in the opposite 5th house again points to possible involvement in humanitarian endeavours especially dealing with young people and their education. It can also mean a time when you travel abroad and will experience different cultures. This can be in connection with the humanitarian aid. This is a higher calling and one that would give you great challenge and satisfaction.

Last edited:

ecuadorable

The ruler of my 10th is in my 9th. Wow! I always thought the education, travel, foreign lands/cultures thing I had was just from being a Sag. The rulership of house was a new realization.

@iwonder
I really, really liked your thoughts regarding the need for staying within what I am already known for and the additional notes about needing a vision (and fire attributes). I suppose my whimsy idea of running off to be a tour guide in a foreign country would not be a good venture, then? That thought has crossed my mind a time or two.

You are right on regarding the presenting of ideas (and for a practical purpose) work. That's actually, what I'm doing a lot of right now! I guess, I was hopeful there was something new and exciting in the stars. But, it's very good to know, I should be turning my efforts towards an independently driven status that allows my "sun to shine" provides me with the nurturing I am in need of. That says a lot right there!

What about... the moon representing cooking? Or the Jupiter (or the 9th house rulers - both in my MC) representing foreign cuisine? I have recently been giving maki sushi instructional parties in my home that have been well received! Hmmmm. Here, I was just doing it for fun.

@smilingsteph
Thanks for the insight about Mercury being in a (somewhat) lone wolf position (wanting to be in the background). I like the notion of writing... my love of fantasy (especially historical romance and time travel themes) and all of my dreaminess certainly fits! Plus, working from home so long, I'm grown very accustomed to the semi-reclusive life.... with lots of communications via email, internet, and only the random outing for a wine and dine or formal meet up.

So, what about the retrograde Saturn in the 5th house (the sun ruled house)? That one has always puzzled me. Plus, I've also read stuff about the 5th degree being the "allure" of a persona. And it sits alongside my Chiron. Would this have anything to do with my mothering? My romantic interests? My playfulness or lack of?

Also, regarding degrees, I've read that the 2nd degree has significance for people who are connected with extraordinary accomplishments or achievements. My Scorpio ASC is at the 2nd degree. So is my Black Moon Lilith in the 8th house. Eeek? Is it true the BM-lilith is where a woman's strengths reside? Anything to this theory? Plus, that dangerous 22nd degree of Pluto in Virgo/11th has always had me on edge a bit... Ack... never mind, that's probably for a new thread.

BTW - the part about parents at odds. That's right on! My mother was very domineering. They had a very co-dependent relationship. My father was a Pisces (a very intellectual Neptunian-type), but also an alcoholic. My mother, on the other hand, was ... well, very Leo, but with Scorpio Sun. She was borderline bipolar and has very asperbergerian (#$%?) ways. I've read the moon represents the view of the mother, so seeing the moon in my 10th (opposite the nurturing 4th), it wasn't hard to give an affirming nod. Weird thing is, my daughter also has her moon in the 10th/MC (17 degree Cancer).

@Claire
The NN in the 6th... Would that have Virgo tendencies, thus the Jupiter? I like the idea of working abroad - immensely. I had never given much thought to the AQ house (nor AQ being in my IC). With Pluto and Uranus there (in the 11th), I had always figured it was a "bad" spot for me to work with group efforts. But, maybe it would be more inclined towards the transformational change, than destructive upheaval. Would you say I'd be perceived as intense in that area?

I really, appreciate the look over. It's so easy to overlook things that are probably quite clear to people (especially the senior members in this community) who are more adept at seeing the stand-out points in a chart - I hope to get to that point, eventually! Thanks, again!

Last edited:

iwonder

I suppose my whimsy idea of running off to be a tour guide in a foreign country would not be a good venture, then? That thought has crossed my mind a time or two.

Hmmm.... I really don't know. If you are to work abroad, I don't see it clearly spelled out. I would look for either 6th (job), 2nd (resources) or 10th (career) ruler in the 9th house of travel and foreign countries. The only relationship I see is Mars inconjunct Moon. This is a challenging aspect that shows distraction. Your 9th house matters (Moon) are distracted by daily routine (mars rules the 6th). Well, if Moon in the 10th lacks focus by itself, then this aspect makes choosing direction even harder by constantly presenting new options or challenges, I guess.

What about... the moon representing cooking? Or the Jupiter (or the 9th house rulers - both in my MC) representing foreign cuisine? I have recently been giving maki sushi instructional parties in my home that have been well received! Hmmmm. Here, I was just doing it for fun.

I think it's perfect! :biggrin: and Leo Moon is indeed a party hostess.

Weird thing is, my daughter also has her moon in the 10th/MC (17 degree Cancer).

I also have Moon in the 10th (Scorpio). I have great relationship with my mom, and she is perfectly fine emotionally. She did greatly influenced my life path choice. And I myself don't make the best housewife. The fact that food needs to be cooked pretty much every day is a real drag to me :sick: I'd rather work. I think that's 10th house Moon.

ecuadorable

Right... I had the photography association mixed up. Thanks!

The only relationship I see is Mars inconjunct Moon. This is a challenging aspect that shows distraction. Your 9th house matters (Moon) are distracted by daily routine (mars rules the 6th).

You nailed it with this one!!!! I'm constantly getting frustrated by the domestic duties vs. work things. I usually sway towards work being the more enjoyable of the two. The down side of working from home (with my traits) is it's made me more of a 24/7 worker. My kids have grown up with it and, although, I once wished I could be more of the dedicated nurturer, I've always known I was a bit non-traditional in the mom department. I'm simply better as the energetic, interested, enthusiastic, (yet, busy with my things amongst them) type instead. People used to remark on what a dynamo they thought I was, dragging my kids to and fro (for work-related endeavors). Sigh. But, hey... I do love to cook, though!

Thanks for the note about Leo-the-hostess. I'm liking that idea - a lot.